MW RokPak - Profiles for Kemper Profiling Amplifiers

• i listened to the samples nothing stood out to me seems like alot of money ive used stock profiles ever since i bought it if i were too buy profiles taf sinmix and others seem to be a much better deal personally i think lasse lamerts and keith merrow are awesome for high gain thanks peace to all

• Listened to the samples and was not blown away..I only really liked a couple clean ones..the rest was not that much better to me than what is already available at TAF or others to justify spending some money ..Actually i think that some TAF ones are better ..
    Well tastes can vary :)

• I will probably pick up the uber pack.
    Considering how much it would cost just to get in a top producers studio I think this is a bargain

I don't think so, "top-producers" and "big names" are using the same water to cook. I did a lot of studio-sessions in my life and there are no secrets to get an excellent guitar-sound. There's nothing mystical about guitar-sounds from the bands MW produced, I don't want to push him down, his work is great and he deservedly had a lot of success.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited 3 times, last by guenterhaas ().

• I don't think so, "top-producers" and "big names" are using the same water to cook. I did a lot of studio-sessions in my life and there are no secrets to get an excellent guitar-sound. There's nothing mystical about guitar-sounds from the bands MW produced, I don't want to push him down, his work is great and he deservedly had a lot of success.

I kind of agree with you under some respect: I think that the strenght of a producer is not in the creation of "absolute" sounds, but it their ability to (multi)track guitars and eq and compress them in perfect fusion with the whole mix.
    IOW, I believe that a sound in itself doesn't mean much unless you play alone, and its quality has to be measured in terms of how well it sits in the mix and contributes to a great overall sound.

OTOH, this pack(s) make(s) some uncommon combinations of amps, mics and pres available, and the extra documentation certainly contributes to a very professional product. For less than one euro per profile (with no doubt that each of them is very well thought-out and useable in its context), I don't see how this pack can't be a real power tool for many Profiler users. Pretty sure several here have spent more that that since they have become users

:)

Last but not least: pretty sure, if mr. wagener decided to reveal in which songs he used a certain set... Many people would suddenly become enthusiastic about the pack LOL

• I kind of agree with you under some respect: I think that the strenght of a producer is not in the creation of "absolute" sounds, but it their ability to (multi)track guitars and eq and compress them in perfect fusion with the whole mix.
    IOW, I believe that a sound in itself doesn't mean much unless you play alone, and its quality has to be measured in terms of how well it sits in the mix and contributes to a great overall sound.

OTOH, this pack(s) make(s) some uncommon combinations of amps, mics and pres available, and the extra documentation certainly contributes to a very professional product. For less than one euro per profile (with no doubt that each of them is very well thought-out and useable in its context), I don't see how this pack can't be a real power tool for many Profiler users. Pretty sure several here have spent more that that since they have become users

:)

This was my exact sentiments. I have played tons of profiles that sound great on their own but terrible in a mix. A lot of the ones that sound terrible on their own sound great in a mix. I'll probably try the RokPak first and see how they work. Thanks again to Michael and Kemper!

• Good luck with the pack!

I like some of the medium gain samples a lot - clearly most of them have a Royer R121 colored sound - which is a good thing.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I don't think so, "top-producers" and "big names" are using the same water to cook. I did a lot of studio-sessions in my life and there are no secrets to get an excellent guitar-sound. There's nothing mystical about guitar-sounds from the bands MW produced, I don't want to push him down, his work is great and he deservedly had a lot of success.

I just listen to the MW-samples and compare them to other vendors, who offer a much bigger range of amps, just think of Andy's and Armin's collection. And for a $210-pack (later even more expensive) with only 200 profiles, I expect at least some excellent clean profiles, which I didn't find, some of the clean samples are even crunch ones.

I think that the benefit for the rest of us who don't get to spend a lot of time in studios is the access to the gear and sounds of these producers via the profiles that we would not be able to afford otherwise.

• The MW profiles I listened to in the 3 sample videos sound good.

But so do the 2500 profiles I use with my rig manager. I didnt hear any tones that werent already something I had access to in my current collection. And there was a lot of stuff I have (Fender / Marshall) that were under represented.

Since Im not a compulsive profile junkie, Im going to pass on these paks for the moment and just enjoy the free ones when they are released.

• I think the issue here with some is expectation. Many expected to be able to see/download free MW profiles today. It would have been wise for Kemper to simultaneously release the free ones AND promote the commercials ones.

That way the enthusiasm and excitement for the freebies would only serve to possibly motivate folks to consider the commercial paks.

This could have been marketed in such a way to make everyone happy. Instead, expect to see some unhappy folks posting for a while.

• I think the issue here with some is expectation. Many expected to be able to see/download free MW profiles today. It would have been wise for Kemper to simultaneously release the free ones AND promote the commercials ones.

That way the enthusiasm and excitement for the freebies would only serve to possibly motivate folks to consider the commercial paks.

This could have been marketed in such a way to make everyone happy. Instead, expect to see some unhappy folks posting for a while.

+1

• You have to wait till 15th September to get these :(

Just confusing. First they are free. Now they are commercial. Now his advertisment on this header says for immediate release. Now they are not immediate release, they are available Sept. 15th. Ughhhhhh, No wonder I'm a musician and not a business man, because I don't think anyone can be both. 8| At least good at both :thumbup:

• May be great free and commercial profiles. May be good value for the commercial ones.

But, epic marketing failure for both Kemper and MW. This would make a great college level marketing learning project.

I'm sure once everything gets released, most all this will be forgotten. All this could have been avoided with a good marketing plan and follow through.

• I would suggest that breaking the packs into individual amp packs may help draw a larger interest. I sure don't plan on dropping $100+ for a one time buy of profiles. Yes, I've spent more than $100 in total for commercial packs already. But, I only like to buy an amp at a time and therefore only have $5-$15 invested for any buy.

Just my 2 cents. :D