What can you do with two kempers?

• Hi guys
    Thinking of picking up another kemper... I've heard of being able to do some cool stuff profiling wise with two
    (I figure you need three to warp/mix profiles)

Anyone fill me in on the tricks?

• 1. With a second unit you have a backup unit ... just in case :)
    2. You can use the second unit to play dual amp rigs (no need to make a dual amp profile on a third unit, hehe)
    3. You can easily jam with friends who don't own a Profiler yet. (sounds a bit stupid but is big fun, really)
    4. You can have one of them setup with extensive cabling for studio work, while the other one is just a simpler setup easy to disconnect and take with you.
    5. You can use the second Profiler as a pure effects unit for anything. Keyboard, vocals, woodwinds, strings, whatever. Just disable the stack section and here you go.

• I have two Kemper racks. One powered and one not. My plan was to track two different amps/cabs at the same time using my MW1 Studio tool to split the signal. Problem is, I have found pretty major phasing issues with this idea. I have some cool software to realign everything, but it doesn't do it in real time so I can't check out which amp combos I like until tracking, editing and listening. I also have a hardware phase alignment tool, but both amps still end up with a little phase weirdness after adjustment.
    I'm about to start tracking guitars for my album and haven't decided on what I'm going to do yet. As is right now, it seems easier to just double track the same amp instead of trying to use different amps and deal with phase issues.
    Only other use I could see for having two would be to have a back up if I were a touring professional etc.

cheers,
    Steve

• At first I would be so happy to have that second Kemper as my backup. :thumbup:

Then I couldn't resist to try sophisticated dual amps setup using both profilers. :thumbup:

Finally I would have to buy two other KPAs as my backup... :S

• You could profile dirt pedals on the first profiler (or stacks of) and pull them up as you wish into the second profiler. Sell them off to help pay off the additional unit.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• you could easier try out multriple cab/mic setups with reamping:

- constant latency on both units, load same profile on both, change cab on one of them. Easier to hear which combinations work like that, I have to do multiple reamps to test that out haha

- your reamping time will be cut in half

-bass reamping: load a profile of some kind of bass pedal on the first kemper, then go into the second kemper loaded with some kind of bass amp rig

Lots of fun to be had with 2 of those thingies haha

• Just thought of a way that I have used both units together that worked out cool.
    At the end of a guitar solo, the guitar effects change pretty drastically for an instrumental section and rather than set up all the parameter changes and pedal control etc, I just recorded the solo on two different tracks-each one with completely different effects settings. This way, I could just bring in each part when needed within pro tools and the transition is seamless. No worries about hitting the pedal at the right time or any of that. Maybe I'm just lazy. :)

• Guitar-Creation Audio Labs MW1 Studio Tool (split here)-to both KPA's front inputs. KPA's main outputs to Vintech X73's-Anamod ATS-1-Avid 8x8 i/o to Pro Tools.

AFAICS things seem right. Let's make some further check:

• Are you sure the MW1 is treating the two lines in the same manner? No asimmetric effect/setting whatsoever?
    • Are you using same cables of the same lenght after the splitting and for each couple anywhere the signal is doubled?
    • Are the Profilers exactly on the same FW version?
    • Are you using both a couple of Vintek and Anamod in order to treat the signal from each Profiler? Or are the two processors stereo or using them just in sequence (one Profiler first, then the other one)? If the former, are you sure the twins are set exactly in the same way? Also, are they on the same FW versions?
    • Are you sure the Avid channels are set identically for the two lines?
    • Are you sure Pro Tools inputs the two signals in the same identical way?
    • Are the two tracks set identically?

If everything is confirmed, I'd go with a System reset on both Profilers.
    Let us know :)

• I think profiling a profile is not the best way to get dual amp profiles. It would be better to do the exercise from the basic building blocks, i.e. at the cab level, in order to create a perfect profile where both amps sit in the "mix" as it were. Doing it with profiles, I feel you will have two profiles that sound great independently, but might not work well together.

That said, with two profiles, you could run two Kempers simultaneously, which would be pretty exciting, I would imagine.