M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Relax, it's not the TA guitars or pickups that make these great Profiles, they're great Profiles because Michael knows how to dial in amps and how to mic them, no matter what guitar he uses.

Mark Beling started using the Kemper live for the first time after buying these Profiles, and he's using a Tokai Tele with TA pickups, and a Tokai LP with stock Tokai pickups...and his live tones are incredible using Michael's Profiles for both guitars..

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/markkemperrack_zps0b0126c1.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/markkemperLS160_zps03dd06ad.jpg]

• At home I use studio monitors and the band I use it with I use the little TC Helicon FX150 Voicesolo mounted on my mic stand. We are a small 3 pce band and all go direct to PA doing mainly corporate gigs. Not the best method nor will compete with the CLR's, QSC'c. Yamaha's etc. But it works for me as I have limited mobility and the other options are too heavy for me to carry. And overall sounds pretty good esp with your profiles

Dan

• Is there any chance you can profile the Jackson Britt 30 or any of the Jackson amps?
    http://www.jacksonampworks.com

I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a Jackson amp. They're pretty rare around here. And thanks for the info on the live rigs, guys. I'm definitely not changing my formula at all, I just wanted to get something similar to what many of you are using (K10 and similar) so I could just hear what you're hearing as well as what I already had. Some profiles just come out great the first time and some I have to do a few times to get the perfect "take," at least what I was looking for out of it.

The Dumble is definitely the hardest amp I've tried to profile. It may have to be its own set. I've already got 80 different Dumble and Dumble clone profiles over the past 2 weeks to sort through. I'll probably include a couple on the 2nd Pack as well. Overall, I'm really happy with where I'm at with the 2nd pack so far. I'm still doing some road-testing with the new profiles. There are some definite winners. The "problem" is that there are too many good options sometimes. It's just a matter of taste and preference at any given time. Many from my first pack are still my go-to profiles, but many of the new ones are just as good. Some of the newer high gain profiles (Bogner and Diezel) kicked some serious tail during our last show's rock medley.

Thanks again to all of you for the kind feedback and answering my questions!

• <p>Just throwing my two cents in here. I use 2 Yamaha DXR 12's as my main monitoring rig, unless the house monitors are great, which often happens as well. In general though, I am always playing through my yamahas: at home . or at shows. I have a pair of adam a7x's that I listen on as well, and between these two, they are very consistent to what I am hearing at the FOH. I personally planned to buy the QSC K series stuff, but after hearing the yamahas their was no contest, atleast for what I wanted to hear and enjoy.</p>

• I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a Jackson amp. They're pretty rare around here. And thanks for the info on the live rigs, guys. I'm definitely not changing my formula at all, I just wanted to get something similar to what many of you are using (K10 and similar) so I could just hear what you're hearing as well as what I already had. Some profiles just come out great the first time and some I have to do a few times to get the perfect "take," at least what I was looking for out of it.

The Dumble is definitely the hardest amp I've tried to profile. It may have to be its own set. I've already got 80 different Dumble and Dumble clone profiles over the past 2 weeks to sort through. I'll probably include a couple on the 2nd Pack as well. Overall, I'm really happy with where I'm at with the 2nd pack so far. I'm still doing some road-testing with the new profiles. There are some definite winners. The "problem" is that there are too many good options sometimes. It's just a matter of taste and preference at any given time. Many from my first pack are still my go-to profiles, but many of the new ones are just as good. Some of the newer high gain profiles (Bogner and Diezel) kicked some serious tail during our last show's rock medley.

Thanks again to all of you for the kind feedback and answering my questions!

This is all great new. Thanks for all the hard work for us!

• Hey Michael!!

Wow...I had a great show this weekend with your original pack. We opened for Lee Greenwood for the "Veterans Country Jam" and had a lot of appreciation for the tone.
    Michael Wrights lead guitarist had to end up using my rig and was in love!! I got to hear my rig/your pack through the FOH. it was phenominal!! They had a sweet Avid SC48 Venue console pumping into flown Craft Audio/Novacoustics EL arrays. Man couldnt be happier with the tones at volume. Im telling ya'll these are the deal for live!!!!
    Thanks for jumping in the game with your expertise.

• Mike,
    I played Hughes & Kettner Switchblade amps most of the past 8 years and loved their warmth. My 2 died. Is there any chance you might be able to find and profile one? There are a few Tri-amps on the exchange, but your profiles are so much better, and the Switchblade is a much warmer amp than the Tri's.

Just a humble request.

Gary ô¿ô

• Hey Mike!
    I subscribed for your emails and after trying the free Marshall I got I thought that if the rest of the pack sounds half as good as this it is worth it.
    Just bought Pack 1 and I must say that these profiles really is something else and I have bought and tried a lot of profiles in my days!! Very, very good!!
    Very few rigs needed any adjustments at all with my NOS CS Nocaster. Your Marshall JMP really is special, truly great sounding and in your face!!
    Then the clean ones... I mean all of them, they are nothing but fantastic!! Fat and clear.

Im swiping my Kemper clean, (apart from just 2-3 free ones), this pack covers all my needs.
    I had alot of fun with Ducking Octave Pad too and inspiration struck immediately...

Thank you for making these profiles available!!!

• SixtyCycle and Sunface, thanks for the great positive feedback!

• Hi, i have downloaded the trial verison of this 72 Marshall. At first try with headphones i did not like the sound at all.
    reduced the gain: better. anyway, gave it a try and played 16 bars of my new song. listened to it in the mix.

AWESOME! :thumbup: SOUND!

does that mean that listening to bare profiles is useless? because they get their full flavour in the mix? surprising.
    will give those profiles a try and definetely looking forward to those dumblebumble rigs. 8o

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Whatever sound you put close to another sound will change the way we perceive each and the whole. That's why when you listen to raw tracks from famous records the sound usually... sucks :D

BTW, this is one of the laws lossy audio compression is based on: sound that get less audible because masked or covered by other sounds are just cut away 8o

• <p>I don't want to get into a huge debate, that is so not even true, and I'm not sure where that Internet myth came from.... Plenty of guitar tracks especially modern tones sound amazing on their own....this &quot; ultimatum &quot; so to speak needs to stop being spread because I see it everywhere...</p>

• I think that sometimes sounds that work well in a mix or in a band setting may not sound as good by themselves. That doesn't mean that all sounds that sound good in a mix or band setting don't sound good by themselves. I can listen to some of my live profiles on their own and at certain times, depending on what I've been listening to just prior, they may sound like they have too much midrange or lack bottom or whatever. Then the band will come in and we'll play a song and it'll sound perfect. Or I can tweak a profile to sound great to me when I'm playing by myself in headphones and then I play it with the group and it sounds hollow or thin. Then there are times when I work on a profile and it sounds great by itself and with the band. I think it depends on a lot of variables. As much as I love using a Klon pedal, every time I listen to it at low volumes and when playing at home by myself, I think it's boxy and weird sounding. In a mix, though, I don't know if there is a sweeter, fuller pedal. I think it's true with pedals, amps, and now… profiles.

I'm not making excuses for my profiles or bashing anyone else's because music is and should be a matter of taste and it'd be a boring world if everyone liked exactly the same thing. It's whatever you can find that makes you want to play or create music. I'm glad that there are a number of different places guys can go to find profiles and that they have different sounds to them. Profiling isn't an exact science and the same amps can sound totally different depending on who is profiling them. I'm just very glad that some of you are finding them useful. For those that don't, I'll keep working and try to capture something that you may eventually find useful too.

• If I hadn't already bought these, hearing so many people say how well they work for both live and in a recording would have gotten me to pull the trigger :) My guess is settling on the best of the rigs by using them in a live context has a lot to do with their versatility.

An overly fat guitar track will suck the life out of the drums and make the bass sound like flatwound strings.

At a live gig, the sound tech will remove any excess low end in the guitar, if it is competing with the drums and bass.

Some people track the guitars thinner than "amp in the room", some track them raw, and adjust them later. That is a matter of personal style for the Producer/Engineer.

So, yes, plenty of raw guitar tracks sound great on their own. Those raw tracks also can subsequently get EQed, compressed, pannned, submixed, etc. to sit better in a mix.

• Kinda reminds me of the Lukather "Beat It" isolated rhythm tracks. They sound so thin by themselves but sound huge in the mix. So much goes into the mix of a studio album that you never know what the guitar sounded like before the engineer got hold of it.