M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Holy freaking Catholic Shiite...the Vintage Pack is unbelievably good. MB - amazing. Thank you so much! These profiles are without a doubt as good as recording a real amp in the room. The Champ with the Cab is just freaking delicious. BTW - I'm a writer here in Nashville - remember seeing you guys at the Wildhorse when it first opened...93-ish? That right? Anyway, thank you for doing this - great player and great rep for the industry!

John, thanks so much! Yes, I'm very happy with the tones in the new packs and the Champ is one of my faves. I liked the blackface Champ I borrowed to profile so much I ended up buying a SF champ for myself. And yes, the Wildhorse opening was around 93, just a year or two before we got our record deal. And I did try the Wooly Coats. Jamie had one at NAMM in January and I was just at his shop last Friday tweaking on my 100-watter and he let me play the Wooly Coats with the reverb and tremolo. Jamie makes great amps and he is so good at listening to what I want and making it happen with an amp. My two 3rd Power amps have been tweaked to my liking and they are truly my favorite guitar amps because they sound just like I want them.

I'm glad you're liking the profiles. I can't wait to play more shows to incorporate more of them live.

• The real truth behind profiling.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• Got some killer '56 Fender tweed amps (along with a few other gems) from some friends today and Mike was able to get his mojo workin'! Got some AMAZING profiles!

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• I want to say I got the Vintage Pack and it is absolutely the best collection of sounds I've bought period. Britts tones have evolved and his profiling is better than ever; These just sound amazingly perfect...like a 98% keeper ratio here.

Also I've been studying BB King big time lately, so getting the Lab series was the straw that broke my back and made me get this; and boy was I right on. The lab series tones are amazing! A little tweaking of the L5 Kx8 (with boost & Green scream) and wow, TOTAL GILMORE TONE. I really wasn't expecting that, but playing with some gilmore backing tracks and it's just stunning. I think I've never played better than just now. Thanks so much, these tones are amazing for blues, and what a great assortment of cleans.

I love that you have the stomps deactivated but ready for use. Kicking in the TS just creates a whole different animal on a lot of these tones, which are so good. Also, I noticed the dynamics of the Lab Series (probably others too, just stuck on those) are so good, and really respond to volume changes well; going from a BB King clean, to a great, biting bluesy lead.

It's expensive at 49 bucks, but this pack makes me feel I got way more than my moneys worth. I'll probably have to bite on the modern pack too, but this really hits me where I'm at. I'd love to hear more reviews of the modern pack. I think it's time to start a new thread based on each pack; this huge one is ridiculous.

• Just had a blatt of the new profiles through the loop of my MkV, sounded gnarly! Still plenty of each amps character coming through, but with more homogenous tone (a good thing for live IMO) and impact.

• Eru - gnarly is a good thing right? I'm hoping yes...

Oozish - and I agree that this thread is insanely long, and I pondered whether to put the release out as a new thread, but so far, this thread has been the one-stop shop. ha. Just don't want people getting sick of seeing my name over and over. Thank you for the kind feedback and glad you like the profiles.

Anyone have a chance to try the new ones out live yet? I'm curious which ones are working for people?

• About to pull the trigger on packs 3 & 4. I skipped the Dumble packs as I was still hung up on the AC20 profile for most things. Time to revisit the MB profiles, I really really like, what I'm hearing in the vintage pack on your page. Been chasing some tones you seemed to have nailed in the first clip itself!

• Michael:

Any Memorial Day sales for your profiles such as buy 4 get 2 free? Also, any chance of selling them a la carte. Each pack includes many amps that I'm really not interested in and would refer to cherry pick from all the packs.

Finally, I'm a trademark attorney that handles many music manufacturing companies so if you have a trademark question. Feel free to ask me.

Todd
    TrademarkAuthority

• Maybe this will help... Got pack 4 (modern pack) about a week ago and just coming up for air now . My hands are freaking killing me. There's some real gems in this pack. Really digging the vox tones especially the Brian May, really sparky kind of tone and sounds great on my TA drop top, both in SC and HB configurations. The Marshal sounds fantastic especially on my LP R9. Plenty of gain, good definition. All of these profiles seem to clean up really nicely by just rolling back the volume knob. The Ceriatone works very well with blues styles and.....

Oh hell, they all sound great, just get it already.

• Michael, you the man! You effing wizard, the vintage pack covers all the tones I've been missing on the kemper, couldn't stop playing the 67 Luxe Verb... it just kept happening man, never got so SRV on my Grosh VT :)

I never heard of the Dunc Convert, it's so jangly on the lower strings, this pack hit a home run bro, my quest for country tones is just going to be gluttony here onwards. Can't imagine what you'd do with a Dr.Z Wreck or the StangRay!

My lentz croyden never sounded so good, the modern pack for the most part found that perfect balance between blanket and fizzy, which is a battle I won't be fighting thanks to this pack.

Overall I'm more than satisfied. Thank you Sir!

• I've been so busy haven't really been able to dive into them but @lonestargtr you were asking whose tried them live: the 62 deluxe 7 profile went to my pedalboard this weekend and was my main rhythm tone a lot of the time: I played 4 shows this weekend and I stayed on this a lot, absolutely love it. The 66 pro is worth the price alone to me as well, once I get to go through them all more I will sit down and give more of a review.

• Michael,

Thanks so much for these great Dirty Shirley profiles. I recorded a cover of Steely Dan's Reelin' in the Years with my Anderson Raven. So inspiring!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hmmm. I guess I need to break down and buy some Britt profiles and see why all the fuss.. It seems many of you have bought all 4 packs. So, if you were new to these profiles And could only have one. Which one would it be and why ? I'm a modern worship artist with roots in classic and 80s rock. If I had to label myself I would call me vintage modern..lol..