So... Seen anything you like this festive season? :D

• 'Tis the season to be greedy, or something like that. So I've already started looking up gear that I want for Christmas. It's evil, but saving dollars now leaves more money to spend on others... I hope :D

I just bought a new guitar this year and I already have a Kemper... Thinking I'll upgrade my drum module for the holidays, I really like what I'm hearing about the 2Box one.

So far, I've been limited to "window shopping" online... Any other festive shoppers out there?

GAS is a disease, but the Kemper really took it out of the guitar department, in my case.

• Once I settle with my Kemper, I'll sell my Engl to free up funds for a Musicman Axis..

I have a Sterling and love it but really want a genuine one...ideally purple quilt.

This won't be until next year though, so does that count?

• I really want a Raven MTi, but finance and practicality mean I'll have to sell my SSL Nucleus, and there isn't such a big market for them, I fear... Otherwise, an active and a passive CLR are on my wish list, as well as swift updates to all my plugins and hardware, so I can buy a new Mac (I hate being force-fed a new OS, even if Yosemite is an improvement over Mavericks...).

Cheers,
    Sam

• Having had the Roland module, and then switched to the 2Box, there is no comparison....the 2Box rules.

• The only thing that I am looking for next year is the Mesa Mark V 25 and the 1x12 angled cab. If Marshall releases a small Satriani combo, I may be in for that also. Thus far, I tried the mini-Mark V and was really impressed with the sounds from it! Great for a small amp to have around!

• Having the Kemper is SO liberating, when it comes to amp G.A.S.

I spent YEARS trying to find SOMETHING that sounded and felt like my Jubilee at a controllable volume.
    Done.

If I get hungry for other sounds, I have 6,000 or so rigs to browse through, and counting......

There are a couple of guitar possibilities:

The Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster sounds like a versatile guitar- 22 frets, Texas Specials, and active electronics that can go from "wiry to thick". I may try one in a store, to see how it compares to my Clapton wired strat.

I could use a telecaster for some of the instrumental work I do. If the Roadhouse can get close with that fancy wiring, it could be extra bang for the buck.

• If this was TGP, everyone would be talking about stompboxes. The Kemper rules, but it's just resulted in a transfer of GAS for me.

I do think I'm reaching a point of saturation though. So many years wrestling with equipment, trying to get professional results. And now it's all within my finger tips, I think I'm well on my way to being completely cured of GAS. That is, until Kemper V2 ^^

Of course, I hope there's no Version 2 anytime in the next five years. Awesome product, my brain would implode if there's something different in the profiling technology that makes it "100% better"... And I mean 100% better after Version 2.6, which makes me think there's still a lot more than can be done in this wonderful box.

Having had the Roland module, and then switched to the 2Box, there is no comparison....the 2Box rules.

That's helpful. I'm been wondering about some of the advanced features for positional sensing in the older Roland modules, the TD-12 and TD-20. But they removed them from their new line up, including the TD-30, so I'm thinking they're not all they're made out to be.

• guitar equipment wise I'm also settled for now, though a Jim Root Tele would be pretty nice, but I don’t need it atm. Also the already mention Raven MTI would be awesome, but yeah it’s a bit pricey. Looking forward to the behringer x-touch. On paper it looks like a great controller. http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/X-TOUCH.aspx

Having had the Roland module, and then switched to the 2Box, there is no comparison....the 2Box rules.

Though I´m not a drummer i am also highly interested in the 2Box Module, since it is the only one that can load custom made multisamples. I would mainly use to import my favourite Tontrack EZX and SDX samples. Did you try that?

• Though I´m not a drummer i am also highly interested in the 2Box Module, since it is the only one that can load custom made multisamples. I would mainly use to import my favourite Tontrack EZX and SDX samples. Did you try that?

Been doing research, so I can confirm this is possible. There's a manual procedure to do so, but someone has also put together a $20 software that automatically creates the type of files you can use to do that. There's also some kind of mod that enables you to use SD cards larger than the in-built 4 GB, so you could theoretically load an entire kit from a VST like Superior Drummer or BFD into the module. Trade-off is that you will no longer be able to use USB for transfer, but with the mod, it's a simple matter of taking out the SD card and just putting it into a card reader on your PC and doing the same thing. Exciting stuff.