Regarding the upcoming M Britt Dumble Pack - now with soundclips

• Thank you!

What speaker did he use? It sounds like Larry Carlton.

I like them a lot except the Robben Ford one. Robben Ford uses old Celestion G12 65, while Larry Carlton uses the Electro-Voice EVM12L

Hi!

I don't know what he used but if you think my clip sounds like LC then I'm truly flattered. The Robben Ford clip can be changed with some post eq and if I put my guitar tone on 10. Then it gets more like Ford. But then there's always the possibility to change cabs as Paul said. Haven't gotten to that part yet as I'm sooooo very happy with this one.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Well those clips sound pretty convincing to me. Great playing! I think this was the only thing lacking with the Kemper. Pretty awsome. And allthough I don't own the M Britt pack. I do think his sounds are realy good so.....Excelent news.
    I do agree with Paco. I like the Celestions more also.

Thanks for the comment on my playing!

Regarding these Celestions, do you guys have any special cab with Celestions you like that I should try it with?

Cheers,

Mats N

• Mats, those clips sound awesome! Thanks. I just had amp heads so I used my trusty 3rd Power 212 cab and mic'd the Classic Lead 80. It has a little of the EV flavor because it's a high wattage speaker but without the "sheen" that I associate with EV's. I prefer Celestions myself too. I have used 65's in the past too, but they are similar to Greenbacks in that they roll of some top end, so I just gravitate to the CL80's personally.

I'm probably about 2 weeks away from releasing Pack 2 and it will probably include a handful of the Dumble and Dumble clone profiles. If there is still interest in more Dumbles after that, I can probably put together a Dumble package. I only had the real Dumble for an afternoon so I couldn't go back and re-profile things later after listening, which is what I prefer doing, but still got some good ones. I have around 100 between the Dumble, Fuchs and Ceriatone. Some require more tweaking than I'm used to and I'm not sure if that was operator error while profiling or not knowing exactly how to set the amp since I had never played a Dumble before, but that's been a bit of a challenge, which is why I enlisted Mats to help me. Dumbles and clones definitely have more eq-ing going on with them than I'm used to, but the end result is harmonically rich as Mats clips demonstrate. I'm going to do a little more road-testing as we have more live shows over the next week or so, then I'll probably release the 2nd pack.

• Great sounds man! Especially the first and fourth rig.
    Sounds really like Larry Carlton in the late 80's.
    Great sound, I can not wait to buy it! :thumbup:

Thank you! Those are my favorites as well. LC in the 80s was such a big influence on me so I appreciate the comparison.

Cheers,

Mats N

• love the sounds and was pleasantly surprised by the clean tone .......ready to launch ?

Hi Robman!

I've been on the lookout for a full and warm clean sound like this for a while. This clean sound was actually tweaked from a more pushed gritty sound. I'm still tweaking it to have a bit more bounce in the playing feel and now when these first clips are out I will spend some more time tweaking it.

Cheers,

Mats N

excited ...................