Regarding the upcoming M Britt Dumble Pack - now with soundclips

• Hi!

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still tweaking the first Dumble profiles I got from Michael and last night I got a really good LC style really smooth OD. Played the 335 clone for hours. Hope to get a clip up in the near future of this rig.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hi,

Mike's Dumble profiles continues to amaze and the tweaking possibilities have not been fully explored yet.

The last tweaking session was aimed at maximum dynamics and smoothness. As usual when I have a good profile I get inspired to write a tune and this tune really uses the dynamic possibilities. What you hear is a single static profile of the Dumble. All changes in volume and gain is done with my picking dynamics and a Roland controller pedal controlling the volume in the KPA pre stomp slots. Great way to work as I don't get any analog volume pedal tone suck. I really enjoy this profile. The guitar was an Edwards SA-118 (335 clone) with all controls maxed and I only used the bridge pickup (Duncan Custom Custom).

Hope you enjoy it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please note that the tune and the backing track are available for download at my web site www.nermark.com

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hi,

I local guitar teacher thought it would be a good idea if someone came in to talk to his students about developing a theme. Seemed like they thought developing a theme was to play it faster. LOL!

So the teacher had heard some of my stuff and asked me to hold a lecture about using dynamics and note choises to develop a theme.
    The best sound for this in my book is Michael's Dumble profile tweaked to "LC specs" so I used that. While preparing for this lecture I created a backing track and I recorded myself to hear if what I was playing would actually make any sense in this context. I think it did so I decided to post it here.

Hope you enjoy my first effort of 2015!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• I'll number my ideas for mental organization:

1) Spent a few hours testing out this pack.

2) Played using most of my electrics: Strat, LP Trad, RS4, Axis Sport, Tele - which Single Coil, Humbuckers, P90's

3) Played using Headphones (space and no space), FRFR, 2x12 Cab

4) It's rare my Strat holds up with distortion profiles like my higher gain guitars do, but all of my guitars sound great on ALL these profiles.
    There is not one that sounds substandard. There are no filler profiles here.

5) The versatility across guitars and speakers is excellent with no tweaking. MBritt showed this talent with Pack 2, and its on display here again. I had hoped this would be the case. I feared it might not be. My fear was misplaced. Making a profile sound as good through a Guitar Cabinet as it does on an FRFR without tweaking is, frankly, unbelievable. But MBritt is making this seem normal.

6) My initial expectation for this pack was it would have a lot of profiles with slight differences in tone for just a few amps. The reality is, tone-wise, there is a HUGE variety. The gain and volume are incremental (not as far as Armin goes, haha, but like Armin's approach) yet there is clear distinctness so that each profile is NOT redundant where you can use the "Save 1, Delete 4" method. This is more like the "Save them All" method. I can see clearing out a few cleans, as they sound very close to the guitar being played, but as gain starts going up the tonal variety is remarkably varied. I'd say you could easily keep 50-55 of these on your Kemper and think you needed them in tone searching for a project. Point is, I think it will be hard to pare down to a bare minimum. So for those who like to keep the Kemper lite, sorry, this pack will ruin that goal.

7) Some profiles of one amp's cleans had a unique ramping up in the Treble department for about 4-5 profiles that didn't make the Strats brittle but did make the LP and RS4 trebly like a Strat. I honestly did not know this was possible. Cool.

8 ) This pack feels like Pack 3 to my ears. MBritt managed to carve out significant tonal difference from a few amps to make them as significant as profiling a few sweet spots on a lot of amps. Most profilers make many profiles and have to choose which ones to put into a pack. MBritt chose well during this process.

9) There is an expectation when buying a pack. Is it like one I had before? (in this case Pack 2) Will I like it for the money I spent on it? My feelings on this were that it was better than I thought it would be, the quality was excellent through and through, and that this was well spent money. I can tell that MBritt isn't just quickly hamming up profiles. My experience profiling, talking with profilers, and buying a lot of packs tells me that he put a LOT of thought and work into this and isn't trying to cash in with a less-than-stellar product. If MBritt has a brand of quality, this continues that branding.

10) To anyone wondering if MBritt's earlier work was a fluke, flash in the pan, or the real thing I can verify officially here: MBritt IS the real deal. You get profiles that work on all guitars, on all speakers, with minimal or no tweaking to sound good, and have enough variety to find what your gain needs are.

In closing, I'm happy I bought them, they are awesome, and his presence on the market and for this product has been a breath of fresh air no one could have expected, given how many great profiles already exist.

I hear he's getting "Pack 3" ready. I'd honestly call that one "Pack 4". Cause this one IS the Pack 3 to my ears and expectations.