Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

• Hey Tim, I don't suppose you're able to do those Direct profiles now that 3.0 is out?

Id love a profile with HBE all em at 12 and gain at 12 with a direct profile!

thanks in advance

• HAWP-21 profiles are up.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. I finally got up the courage to load 3.0.1 into my KPA so I thought it was time to start making some Direct Amp profiles. Everything went smoothly but I didn't test all of the profiles so if you find something odd please let me know.

LiamThompson requested a re-profile of his settings with firmware 3 so I did that, I hope I got it right, if not let me know and we'll do it again.

Wingee asked for a certain amp setting today so I did that as well. Please try it and it you want to try some different amp settings just let me know.

Sergeant_Pepper also asked for some DA profiles with firmware 3 but I couldn't find and specific amp setting requests so please let me know how you want the amp profiled and we'll get it done next time.

Did I miss anyone else? Sorry if I did, but I was short on time and didn't read through the whole thread.

If you want to try some different amp settings please give me as much detail as possible including the channel, tone settings, master volume setting and how you want the option switches set. Also, if you want both Studio and Direct Amp profiles that is fine but please also specify the mic settings that you want. Direct Amp profiles are so easy that I can hammer those out pretty quick, Studio profiles take a bit more time and effort so it might take longer to get those done.

Anyway, I did LiamThompson's and Wingee's profiles and I also did a handful of other profiles just to have something to play around with. For the other profiles (Studio version) I used the Audix i5 and AT4040 instead of the SM57 and AT4040, I just wanted to try something different.

As always, check out the ReadMe.txt files for the details of these profiles.

The profiles can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2s8…rE1dUScXLFWaIG-u92Pa?dl=0

• If you want to try some different amp settings please give me as much detail as possible including the channel, tone settings, master volume setting and how you want the option switches set. Also, if you want both Studio and Direct Amp profiles that is fine but please also specify the mic settings that you want. Direct Amp profiles are so easy that I can hammer those out pretty quick,

Hi Tim, so if this is so easy as you wrote I would like to have DI profiles of "my settings" form phase 11Here are the amp settings:
    HBE Gain = 4 and 5 and 6
    Bass = 6.5Mid = 4.5
    Treb = 7
    Pres = 5
    Voice Switch = left
    FAT = Off
    C45 = On
    SAT = On
    Master Vol = 2.5 and 3.0 and 3.5

thanks a lot in advance and thanks for previous phase also!!! very appreciated, Sir Tim!

• Thank you very much!

You're very welcome.

No problem, I'm hoping to do some more profiling early this week.

Tim, you're a star!! Thank you, I'll try it when I get home.
    Just a note I think the readme.txt for phase 21 look wrong to me! They look like readme from another phase...

Thanks, I forgot to close the file on my PC, it should be good now.

• These are the Direct Amp profiles as per Hallan's request, please let me know what you think and if you want to tweak them a little.

thanks Tim!!! :thumbup:

and if there is really no problem I would try these settings:

HBE Gain = 4 and 5 and 6
    Bass = 6
    Mid = 4,5
    Treb = 5
    Pres = 5
    Voice Switch = left
    FAT = Off
    C45 = On
    SAT = Off
    Master Vol = 2.5 and 3.0 and 3.5

please, pay attention, this time SAT off.. ;)

• Hey Tim. I really really appreciate what you are doing here! Thank you very much. I use your amps with Tonehammer/Deadlight Studio Cabs.

Some suggestions:

- How about some Cleans or slightly broken up Tones? (Directs)
    - AND: How about some Tube-Screamer Boost ;) (Directs)
    - Plus:

HB and HBE Gain = from 1 to 7 like in Phase 21
    Bass = 5,5
    Mid = 6,5
    Treb = 6
    Pres = 5
    Voice Switch = Right
    FAT = Off
    C45 = Off
    SAT = On
    Master Vol = 4

I can imagine that my settings with Gain 4 and 7 (BE & HBE) would benefit from those TS-Settings:

Gain: 8 o'clock (so almost nothing here, just for a little little saturation)
    Tone: 12 o'clock (Neural Settings)
    Volume: Full (Giving the Amp some boost!)

Just as suggestions :)

• Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely give it a shot but it will probably be a few days because work just got really crazy with lots of overtime :wacko:

• Thanks for doing these. Great profiles of a complex amp!

No problem, it's been a lot of fun and I've learned a lot from everyone's input. I've tried things that I never would have thought to try and I got great results, this experience has really made me rethink quite a few things.

• What I can say is that i think that Mids of 8 is too much. It's a "Marshally" Amps where the Mids are more prominent than on any other amp. I found that the Wingee-Tones were better for Rythm Guitar whereas the Tims are too much blistering for my eardrum. Mid on 4,5 (like Hallan suggested) could be a little too low for mid-junkies like me. But... it all depends on the Cab ;)

• Phase-22 files are up.

These are the Direct Amp profiles as per Hallan's request, please let me know what you think and if you want to tweak them a little.

The files can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdy…J2anctJ1bh3gqKUJmqca?dl=0

means they are for 3.x up?

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Hi Tim, been away for a week so was a nice surprise to logon and find these new profiles, greatly appreciated............however :) ...........we did another batch of settings for me after the settings you have recreated from phase 9 in Phase 21 that were part originally part of phase 15 that I settled on. The settings that were my favorite were:

HBE Channel, voice switch R, SAT On, Fat OFF, C45 OFF,
    Gain 6, Bass 7, Mid 7, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 3.5
    Shure SM57 & Audio Technical AT4040.
    SM57 was 2" from the front of the speaker frame, 1/2 inch from the edge of the dome, angle = 0deg, level = 0dB.
    AT4040 was 2" from the front of the speaker frame, 1" from the edge of the dome, angle = 0deg, level = -5dB, Treble = -5 (on the mixer).
    Mic's were ran into an Allen Heath Mix Wizard 16:2 and then into the KPA.

When you are less busy if you could re-profile a DIRECT and a STUDIO of these settings I'd be over the moon and if you have time another with exactly the same settings but with the mids on 6. I will compare them to see if there has been much difference between profiling with 2.7 over 3.01.

Thanks again for your time to do this. In the meantime I will give the profile you have done for me a go and compare them to the original phase 9 Direct profile with the same settings a go and let you know my findings.