How are you transporting your "lunch boxes"?

• The KPA Shop had the Green carry bag for $104

I use that bag and the only issue I have with it is that the black strap is thin, so it bunches up when going through the metal strap lock. I am currently using a pin to try and hold it into place. Otherwise I keep having to adjust it since it unwinds under the weight after carrying it 2-3 times.

• the bag is light.

But with a Kemper it has some heft. With a KPR in it I'm sure it's got PLENTY of extra heft. You can look up the lbs on these products to get a look-n-see.

Add wires.

Not as much as a guitar in a hard case though. Or as awkward. The biggest issue is strap. I'd look into maybe getting a 3" strap if the weight is an issue. This way it'll distribute better.

A 3" for my LP was the BEST investment I've ever made. And the Lakota Sioux Buffalo hide strap I got on eBay is so soft!! Beats any other leather I've had for anything, Cow, Kangaroo, Cat. (ok, just kidding on the Cat, we all know that isn't tough enough)

• Cow, Kangaroo, Cat. (ok, just kidding on the Cat, we all know that isn't tough enough)

Use said cat for strings and you should be golden ^^

I'm really scared of straps on instruments and bags too. Not the optimal solution in a lot of cases and I'm really scared that they could part or separate at any time, sending your investment crashing to the ground.

I have an American Tourister backpack that I use to carry my Kemper, or my drum pedals, depending on what kind of gig I'm playing at. The added assurance of an extra strap cannot be underestimated, imho. ^^

• In my experience, it's less the strap and more the metal that causes the problem.

Drop forged (what I call "bologna metal") is brittle and can snap apart. Fender's cheap soft carry bags do this and one snapped and fell in a parking lot and the end of my Strat (just a MIM) looked like someone took a meat tenderizer to it, no kidding. About 1.5x1.5" smack of asphalt stone indents. Just horrible.

So I'd recommend buying solid Carabiners and having your straps hook to them. Look at the strap metal too. If it's one of those with a Swivel end, that neck on the swivel can snap in a heart beat. So replace the straps if you have one of those. Had one break on me, but fortunately I had TWO straps on that day!!

Sinmix would agree with me, it takes GOOD Metal, haha!

• I am having a custom ATA case spec'd right now. Here's the idea I came up with:

[Blocked Image: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r205/JerEvil/Mobile%20Uploads/7FF258EE-CE89-4397-ABB2-FB6CB83A91BC_zpsjmp4n4rn.jpg]

it'll hold the Kemper, the Kemper remote and a spot for cables, strings, additional gig paraphernalia. The remote will slide down vertically so the fattest end is on the bottom. This way, depending on the stage size, my Remote can be on my larger pedal board or just directly on the floor. Either way, since I have a hard case for my pedal board it is always transported with good protection.

• Hm, I'd find it unpractical to take the Remote out of the box and the Kemper as well and having to put them into place.
    I'm more a '1 device -1 case' guy. :)

Oh oh me too but sometimes our stage space is limited and I want to make sure that if I can't transport the controller in my pedalboard case (which is 32" wide, I still have "drop protection"

• I've put mine on a shelf in a shallow 6U FX-rack together with a rackmount wireless-receiver (L6 G90). A powerstrip with short custom IEC-cables makes it tidy with one cable to connect everything, and there's quite a bit of space in the back for cables etc. I'm currently using a FCB1010 controller that lives in its own bag (SKB pedal case), but I plan to make a clamp to hold the Kemper remote in the back-lid of my rack. One or two Dunlop expression pedals would complete the setup and there should be space for those too in the case. The box does get a bit heavy, but it is compact and practical. On stage I put the rack on a Millenium amp-stand that is about 1m high and gives me easy access to everything.

• Prior to buying it, I scoured the forum looking for this specific case (USA Gator Mini Head Medium) and any images, however, was unable to come across any. If Murphy has his way, someone will likely show me a link after this post, however, iPhone shot the following images last night. This case is extremely well built IMO and IME. Could not recommend it more. Kemper sits very well right on top and seems like it'll be an excellent option for stage placement. It is not a light solution, though.

I had some half inch foam squares (stacked to one inch thickness, which matches the velcro ended stand-offs included with the case) I cut to place behind the KPA and stuck the top section I cut off the back piece in front of the KPA knobs. Fits securely enough that I'm comfortable with it for carry and automobile transport. Little bit o' room on the sides for the power cable and USB. Won't be fitting my twenty foot Rocktron 5-7 MIDI or similar length cables in with it, though.