Remote details and price announced!

• My father is a truck driver and every time he would go down through the Carolinas that is what he called them.

I lived in in Kannapolis NC for about 5 years.

I had to google Kannapolis. I had heard of it, but I didn't know where it was. I only make it to the Western part of the state for the occasional Panthers game or mountain trip. I'm on the eastern part near the coast.

• Ahh, New Bern. Been there just before Christmas! Nice place. I think they had just finished the new bridge at that time.

My wife teaches NC history and says it was a Swiss & German settlement originally. Nice water front, good food, had a great time (& saw a civil war re-enactment on the way, 20 horse calvary charge, etc, it was pretty cool)

Yeah, I say "Kakilaky" all the time, lol. I've been here 23 years but I'm a Yankee transplant from NYC who now rails at all the Yankee transplants ruining the place, haha!

Intrhutheout, my first visit to NC was Statesville, not far from Kannapolis. MAN things have changed since then (1991) I'll bet they've changed since you lived there if you've ever been back. This whole state has had towns that went from Alabama --> Long Island these past 20 years! ;)

• I had to google Kannapolis. I had heard of it, but I didn't know where it was. I only make it to the Western part of the state for the occasional Panthers game or mountain trip. I'm on the eastern part near the coast.

Every school kid knows about New Bern! "The Athens of the South"! The original capital. I read that a guy named Bloodworth was the deciding vote to move the capital from there to the new City of Raleigh and he lost his seat over it and dropped out of the history books. However he still remains as a street in Raleigh which has a very good sandwich shop that's been there for ever.

I'm in Holly Springs, but work in Raleigh which has really become a cool place to hang out, bar hop, etc.

• Every school kid knows about New Bern! "The Athens of the South"! The original capital. I read that a guy named Bloodworth was the deciding vote to move the capital from there to the new City of Raleigh and he lost his seat over it and dropped out of the history books. However he still remains as a street in Raleigh which has a very good sandwich shop that's been there for ever.

I'm in Holly Springs, but work in Raleigh which has really become a cool place to hang out, bar hop, etc.

When I was in high school, my mission was to get out of eastern NC. I lived in Richmond for 10 years, and got the bigger city life out of my system. As I got older, I learned to really appreciate New Bern. I've got tons of friends in Raleigh. There's so much cool stuff to do there. In fact, I saw Dick Dale at the Lincoln Theater a few months back, and I caught The Reverend Horton Heat at The PourHouse not long ago. That traffic, though! X/ When you aren't used to it, it can drive you insane! (pun intended)

• Alright, one last time - I apologize for my first post re: the NAMM video. It wasn't any big deal to me in the first place. I was bored out of my skull and was just trying to make a mildly clever observation. Idle hands and all that. I didn't expect a single reply - at most someone else sharing a chuckle. I don't doubt he's a great guy and I never imagined the slightest malice. I do think taking that tone on camera at a major publicity event constitutes a tiny professional gaffe - no more, no less. Hope I'm clear and hope I haven't offended anyone too much.

• Traffic is getting exponentially worse. There are a lot of expansion projects these next 2 years that will make it worse before it gets better, but I don't think things will change much. The nature of traffic is typically poor urban planning and as they build highways, houses are built to fill them.

In 1991 you barely had a car within 100 yards of you on the beltline. It was really special. Never saw a pot hole and I couldn't believe that everyone seemed to have a "new" car compared to Brooklyn (and my '77 Chevy Nova that looked like it was sitting in a lake for 10 years)

• Alright, one last time - I apologize for my first post re: the NAMM video. It wasn't any big deal to me in the first place. I was bored out of my skull and was just trying to make a mildly clever observation. Idle hands and all that. I didn't expect a single reply - at most someone else sharing a chuckle. I don't doubt he's a great guy and I never imagined the slightest malice. I do think taking that tone on camera at a major publicity event constitutes a tiny professional gaff - no more, no less. Hope I'm clear and hope I haven't offended anyone too much.

Hey! Don't hijack our North Carolina discussion with all this "Kemper" and "NAMM' stuff!!

• I once witnessed Mr Huldt beat Bill Brasky to a pulp with one hand ...on stage in a bar....whilst playing "Eruption" with the other hand.

Now that's funny, no matter who you are.....LMAO

I can as sure from personal experience john is a very caring genuine nice guy......

• In 1991 you barely had a car within 100 yards of you on the beltline. It was really special. Never saw a pot hole and I couldn't believe that everyone seemed to have a "new" car compared to Brooklyn (and my '77 Chevy Nova that looked like it was sitting in a lake for 10 years)

No doubt. I made that drive a ton back then. I was at ECU and I had a girlfriend in Chapel Hill and 3 of my best buds from high school went to Duke, UNC, and NC State. It felt like I drove to Raleigh every other weekend. The traffic was definitely more tolerable back then. Ah, the good old days. (You're right about the transplants too. My buddy at UNC was a Long Island transplant and two of my good friends today are from Jersey and PA. It seems rare to find a native local these days!)

• No doubt. I made that drive a ton back then. I was at ECU and I had a girlfriend in Chapel Hill and 3 of my best buds from high school went to Duke, UNC, and NC State. It felt like I drove to Raleigh every other weekend. The traffic was definitely more tolerable back then. Ah, the good old days. (You're right about the transplants too. My buddy at UNC was a Long Island transplant and two of my good friends today are from Jersey and PA. It seems rare to find a native local these days!)

My daughter got accepted to ECU and is waiting on UNCW and NCSU. I haven't done a tour of ECU yet, but was very impressed with UNCW's business school. I went to State for my second time around. The college system here was amazing compared to my first college, but has really grown in the last decade.

• I witnessed John Huldt pull a burning building FROM A BURNING BUILDING!!! (whilst playing "Eruption" of course.)

• My daughter got accepted to ECU and is waiting on UNCW and NCSU. I haven't done a tour of ECU yet, but was very impressed with UNCW's business school. I went to State for my second time around. The college system here was amazing compared to my first college, but has really grown in the last decade.

Go Pirates!!! Seriously though, there's not a bad one in the bunch you listed. It really depends on what she wants to major in.