KPA footswitch vs other footswitches

• Here is a new one:

Source Audio Solemate

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't really care about the looper, although I think it's a bit fishy that it only works with the remote. I'd be really upset if I wanted the looper and could only get it by buying the remote because it:
    1) isn't cheap

2) is proprietary. As phenomenal as the KPA is, it won't last forever and when it's replaced by something else, the remote will become a (once expensive) door stop. Also I have other gear that I need a footswitch for and can't use the KFC because it doesn't have MIDI.

3) only has 5 direct access switches, I need at least 8 plus tap tempo and bank up/down.

Now currently I'm finally happy with rig switching times as it is, using performance mode. IF 3.0 introduces any sort of lag that doesn't happen with the remote as some sort of selling point I am going to be seriously, seriously pissed.

• Now currently I'm finally happy with rig switching times as it is, using performance mode. IF 3.0 introduces any sort of lag that doesn't happen with the remote as some sort of selling point I am going to be seriously, seriously pissed.

Kemper (GString?) has already stated that switching improvements are for all controllers.

Cheers,
    Sam

• and you will be able to switch other midi gear , through with midi out on KPA

That wouldn't do me any good, I have different rigs that I want to use with the same footswitch, one of them is a 4-space rack with a Marshall JMP-1, Mesa/Boogie Triaxis, G-Major 2 and a custom switcher, I wouldn't want to have to bring the Kemper along just for using the KFC as a MIDI footswitch. Wish they'd included a MIDI out in there, guess I'll have to buy something else.

• I have to ask:
    Now, the FCB1010's expression pedal has the ability to work once the pedal is in motion - like the Wah - which for me is so comfortable.
    Is that option available only for MIDI units or it can be done with the DVP3/MISSION ?

• That will work with any pedal that is a feature of the KPA "Bypass@stop"

So .. it's not depends on MIDI , right ?

I'm asking because I saw the MISSION pedal video which they demoing there only the function ON/OFF switch (which takes one output from the SWITCH/PEDAL )

• So .. it's not depends on MIDI , right ?

I'm asking because I saw the MISSION pedal video which they demoing there only the function ON/OFF switch (which takes one output from the SWITCH/PEDAL )

If you don't want to use the switch, you don't have to (and as you say, the switch requires its own lead). Bypass@Stop works fine with the Mission pedal too, if it works for you... I prefer to be able to switch manually ;)

Cheers,
    Sam

• Not to mention that the footswitch will be updateable in the future to continue to work with any changes to the Kemper.

Future-proofing is a moot point these days when few electronic products have a production lifespan of more than a few months. Niche product have been an exception for some time, but the trend, even for niche products such as the KPA, is for the product lifespan to shorten further.

What's more important today than ever is for manufacturers to be able to deliver a complete package. There's an endless row of products for which promised future functionality and options never materialise before the product gets killed off by its next-generation alternative. I would not have bought the KPA 1-1/2 years ago had there not been a working controller at the time.

Edited 2 times, last by heldal ().

• Future-proofing is a moot point these days when few electronic products have a production lifespan of more than a few months. The trend, even for niche products such as the KPA, is for the product lifespan to shorten further.

While I tend to agree with you in general, I strongly disagree in the case of Kemper.
    Kemper clearly is swimming against the stream here, and they have repeatedly proven their ability and willingness to commit to supporting a product line for a very long time (see the Virus synths).
    So being future- proof is not a moot point for the Remote.

• So being future- proof is not a moot point for the Remote.

Ah, generalising is dangerous ;) My point is rather that it is hard for consumers to work out who to trust and not. To trust that any product will continue to be supported beyond what consumer protection regulations require takes an almost religious-like leap of faith these days. We now know from experience that Kemper stands firmly behind their product. I've also got other examples of products that receive long-time support, most noticeably community software that may be maintained and enhanced for decades. There is however 100s of abandoned products for each that receive the long-term attention buyers would prefer.

Edited once, last by heldal ().