Atomic CLR Weight

• Are any of you guys hooked into this company with insider knowledge? Any chance they might come out with something lighter weight?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I see only the cab and the wedge, both available powered or unpowered. 46 lbs is just too heavy for me, otherwise I'd buy one.

• There is a neodymium-magnet version of the active wedge. It weighs 33 lbs. and costs an additional $400.00. See Atomic's FB page for more.

Yes, apparently I was on an older web site. I just found the newer one with the neo wedge. $400 more? No, that's just too much. It was at my limit with the $995 price, but $1395 is just WAY too much for my tastes. :thumbdown:

• I have the non-Neo CLR cab.
    It is heavy, but because it is small it is quite manageable. Sometimes wish I had the Neo version but the cost was too much for me as well.
    It's certainly much easier to manage than my old Super Reverb!!!

• Yes, apparently I was on an older web site. I just found the newer one with the neo wedge. $400 more? No, that's just too much. It was at my limit with the $995 price, but $1395 is just WAY too much for my tastes. :thumbdown:

Hey Zap,

There was somebody, yesterday, selling a used neo version for $1,200 shipped and paypall'd. I bought mine used and am very happy with the sound and weight.

• Hey Zap! I thank the same as you, I wanted something linear and light at the same time but the Neo CLR was too expensive for my taste. Add to this that, even with the high praise this cab get from everywhere, to be frank, I never really liked the mid in the CLR clips I listened to... As I never got the chance to try one in real I couldn't decide myself to spend that money...

Anyways, as I already wanted a retrofit amp (I ordered a K-Power amp) I decided to buy a passive FRFR cab and found that the AccuGroove Latte look like something very interesting. As the CLR it is suppose to be comparable to high quality studio monitor and weigh only 31 lb (the wedge weigh even less, 29 lb).

They are not very well known (mostly known for their amazing bass guitar cab). they're not cheap at $930 each, but I decided to go with my feeling as we do sometimes. :whistling: I'll leave my impression once I get mine and compare it to my studio monitors and my DXR10.

• Have you looked into AccuGroove FRFR ? I believe the Espresso model is under 30 lbs.
    check out video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In some of Coops vids he uses some GuitarSynth gear which sounds amazing as well.
    I'm using Gemini 2 which I am VERY happy with, but heavier than y'all looking for.

You have to contact them about pricing, and they'll email you a quote good for 45 days.
    IIRC, it's in the ballpark but can't say for sure.

• Thanks for the info, but for a passive cab that's still out of range for me. I'd be interested in hearing your review vs. the others :thumbup:

• Thanks, but I don't really want a wedge. I would need something that would mount on a stand for something like an outdoor venue.

The CLR does mount on a pole...it even has a separate EQ position to accommodate pole mounting. IMO, it's the most versatile of their 2-products.

• The CLR does mount on a pole...it even has a separate EQ position to accommodate pole mounting. IMO, it's the most versatile of their 2-products.

The wedge mounts on a pole? Seems as though that would look a bit odd ...