Muse new album kemper??

• Erm? Quite a unique and clever term. Did you think of it yourself?

No, only the anglisation of the German 'ähm', which is an onomatopoetic term to express a moment of 'reflecting over something'. Makes sense now?
    I also could have said 'umm'.

Like you caught me making a big mistake. I knew exactly how I was directing it.

I didn't catch you with anything, and certainly I didn't call you out. Read my post again.

If you mean to address me with this rant I'm quite the wrong target, but so be it.
    Otherwise I have no clue what you're talking abiut.

On the topic of the Muse song I found your assessment an interesting perspective and similar to my own impressions.
    Peace out.

• In defence of Intrutheout, I wouldn't necessarily call his post politics, but a statement or observation of society in what I assume is the USA. Pretty harmless, really.
    As for Muse, I find it a bit strange that a band from the UK writes a song that is obviously categorising the US army. I wonder what kind of experience they have, if any, or if it's just another second-hand cliché, the first-hand obviously being Hollywood movies...
    Love his voice, not so keen on the direction.
    Cheers,
    Sam

Personally I think the concept of absolute command and blind obedience has exactly nothing to do with the U.S. or any other state. Therefore I don't find the lyrics overly political at all. It's an interesting and clever observation about how humans behave when they get (military) drill in a certain way and then get empowered.

• In defence of Intrutheout, I wouldn't necessarily call his post politics, but a statement or observation of society in what I assume is the USA. Pretty harmless, really.

As for Muse, I find it a bit strange that a band from the UK writes a song that is obviously categorising the US army. I wonder what kind of experience they have, if any, or if it's just another second-hand cliché, the first-hand obviously being Hollywood movies...
    Love his voice, not so keen on the direction.

Cheers,
    Sam

Maybe they going by what they hear and see in the papers about wars etc. What I'm hoping for when the album is released that the production and songs are great. I just think it's great that one of my favourite bands is working with Mutt Lange again as I Loved what he done with the 2 Nickelback albums he worked on with them. Also im keen to see who mixed it as Mutt used to work closely with Mike Shipley who unfortunately passed away

• Personally I think the concept of absolute command and blind obedience has exactly nothing to do with the U.S. or any other state.

I don't think so either, but the way Muse have chosen to present their ideas in the video point in only one direction...

Cheers,
    Sam

• @Ingolf

It means the same in the U.S. It is not a German thing. Your English is quite good Ingolf. :) As you said umm or ahem, clearing of the throat. It is meant to "Draw attention to someone's perceived mistake".
    But it is somewhat of a backsided condescending term. I am sure it is the same in German. Not the worst thing you could say but a bit condescending none the less. If you were to do it in person, a good percentage of people would call you out on it.

If you were to just say, "you are replying to the wrong poster" or whatever. That would be fine.
    You felt the need to draw attention to me with your perceived failure of mine more so by adding the term, Erm

Either way it is not worth any of this. I really do have better things to do than hang in these forums just waiting for the next person to correct me like I am their child.

Its not just you, it is a compilation of incidents on here and it truly gets a bit thin sometimes.

Some of you guys seam to want this place to be totaly sterile.

I can understand not getting political. I get that. But when a video like this with these lyrics and this message is put in front of somebody they may want to comment on it.

I sat here watched and listened to this video in its entirety. Not only was the message in audio but it was put in text on the screen, boldly.
    So yes it was definately in the forefront in my mind and I definately have an opinion in this area.
    Once again, I did not post this video. I was invited to watch it.

If anything you could say the OP was the one being political by posting such a video with such a strong view.

I don't feel that way but you could look at it like this.

• This could be a much better forum if everyone agreed that we are all adults and folks stopped trying to tell others what to or not to think or say. The song is obviously political, so what, if you don't like what someone has typed, keep scrolling down lol..the thread never needed to end up in a debate of the merits of what can be posted. Aren't there mods here to keep things in line vs individuals feeling the need to be the though police?

• Gotta love it. Just when you think someone is ok.

Now we have a character that fashions himself a comedic instigator.
    Not good. Your just too open and easy, if you know what I mean.
    You really ought to lay down your arms now. :D

• Been waiting for Muse's new stuff. The guitars are more prominent on this cut than the past album, but I love the simplicity, tightness, big sound and creativity of this band. I don't always listen to their entire albums, I tend to grab favorite songs, but usually can find 4-5 per album. The last had a sizable number. Seeing them on SNL really was indicative to how great they are as a band for me.

I also like the theme of this song posted here, as it's rather universal, not geared toward any country, it's a sort of one-size-fits-all logical conclusion to over-the-top nationalism. Another band I love, Modest Mouse, has a really cool song Lampshades on Fire which, like Muse, is teasing for their next album, and that also is a big themed political statement about humanity in general and burning the candle at both ends. These themes surely beat the "I kissed a girl" meme of most pop tunes. I think it's OK to discuss themes of songs as they relate to the ART of songwriting. For example, when the Beatles named politicians in Taxman, it rather dates it. They should have been more generic.

I was HOPING they used a Kemper, but whatever they used, it sounds great! These guys can wrangle the coolest sounds and effects from just about any unit they lay hands on. You can get the sense of how may hours they spend experimenting. Dedicated gear heads to make us wanna-be's proud! I used a Fractal ULTRA to dial in Map of the Problematique and was hoping Kemper could add an arpeggio but realized that this was about the only time I'd truly use it. But that's probably why they had both types of units, and many more. Like I said: read gear heads, always moving things in and out of rotation. You've gotta love and respect that journey.

• Excuse the pun but it's a 'killer' song. :)

Sounds like Kemper tone to me, the thing about the Kemper is that amp tone is Kemper tone.
    Makes no difference whether they used the Kemper in the studio or not, we know when they play the new album live they'll be using Profiles of the amps Mutt used in studio, and it will sound the same.

• Sounds like Kemper tone to me, the thing about the Kemper is that amp tone is Kemper tone.
    Makes no difference whether they used the Kemper in the studio or not, we know when they play the new album live they'll be using Profiles of the amps Mutt used in studio, and it will sound the same.

You're exactly right I think. ;)

• Like a lot of bands I'm sure they just use the Kemper to capture the studio tones for the tour. Saw them on the last tour and the guitar sounds was HUGE ....also, wasn't Bellamy using Diezel Amps at one point ?