Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• Ah, we have come full circle on this thread. Naturally nothing I've said is intended to claim that I have inside knowledge of what's going on at Kemper Amps.

But since we are going on about funny quotes.

Yup.

They're working on it.

Yup.

whoa. was there an announcement i missed?

Yeah, a member asked at NAMM.

Not sure if there was an "official" announcement or not (I don't think there was), but we all took it from the reported response that it's being worked on. Could be a little while 'though.

I love the sounds.

Sorry G String; I was only reporting things exactly as I and many others saw them Here, on Jan 20th 2017
    Frankly, I don't understand why no mod said anything when this report was discussed on and off in the NAMM thread for many pages, but when I mention it it's all of a sudden taboo. There wouldn't be a double standard for me, would there?

Nevertheless, I respect your wishes, G String, so I'll leave it up to all the other members who've perpetuated the "rumour" to desist in light of the rap across my 20 knuckles. Consider the Monkey gagged.

Seriously, new verbs! That would be great for me!

Editor for the Kemper! Wow!

But as far as it still stands, not a single word from Mothership.
    And they have NEVER said there will be an editor.

To you. :whistling:

It's wonderful that they told you this in private and then the mods came and shut us down for spreading rumours the last time. Let's build this up again till G-String comes and breaks it up.

I'll start:

Kemper Amps is giving us an editor... And new reverbs... Tomorrow... There'll be bells... and horns... And coaster brakes!

• PS: G-String just said this after 27 pages of a feature request. Just nine pages before where we are now. This FR has been around since March 2015.

I mean, I get it, we all want more stuff from Kemper Amps.

But I've said this in other threads as well about the claim that we are definitely getting new reverbs. I mean, I sure hope it's on the horizon. But can anyone point me toward any official video or post where they specifically say we will have new reverbs? Maybe Mr CK said it somewhere, it would be great to know.

I mean, I keep thinking after delays, what next? Reverbs?

That would seem logical to me.

Now as far as what I was driving at: what are we getting next? Reverbs? Or an editor? Both?

If they only come out with one, how many weeks/months/years till the next?

Does anybody think spreading rumours about something coming (which may take years) could potentially mislead someone who reads these forums?

The expectations are through the roof, I totally understand, but the speculation and rumour mongering are not helpful.

• @nightlight, what's going on, man? You're ranting that the Kemper has been abandoned and spinning into a meltdown over what exactly, I don't know.

Perhaps you need to unwatch this thread and give yourself a breather.

• Relax, AJ. LOL

For the record, 'cause I don't want folks to think I'm "perpetuating rumours", when I said many moons ago:

"Nevertheless, I respect your wishes, G String, so I'll leave it up to all the other members who've perpetuated the "rumour" to desist in light of the rap across my 20 knuckles. Consider the Monkey gagged."

... I meant it; I no longer post any details about MM's conversation at NAMM. I've referred to it once, and even then, only as an...

... unmentionable conversation...

... in post 693.

When the mods tell me to do something, I bloody-well do it! Just sayin'.

Now, back to our usual programming: Speculation, specific FR's and angst regarding an editor...

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In regards to rumored and/or notional new Reverbs...I kind of wonder if the Kemper mad scientists are running out of processor head-room on the existing KPA.

It is my understanding that the computational algorithms necessary for high quality reverbs is incredibly DSP-intensive. I have to imagine that some of the new 5.0 Delays, especially those shimmer/crystal types, eat up a lot of DSP resources. Does the existing KPA architecture have the capability run Eventide/Strymon-quality reverbs, along with the new 5.0 Delays, without compromising any of it's other current multi-stomp, multi-FX capabilities??

Just throwing the question out there...

Cheers,
    John

• Could be. I'm not techy enough to know, but I thought I read somewhere that the Kemper's processor(s) weren't even the most advanced at the time of their release, which could limit new features. My guess is if there is any more serious advancement, there would likely be a Kemper II, which one would hope also resolves some of the "Kemper tone" imprint on profiles.

Still, an editor is a very elementary ask. If we've learned anything from Kemper, it's that keeping coy is their MO, so I don't see that asking them for a sign or teaser will do anything more than frustrate you. They should just know that as more time goes by without a floor model and editor, the more tantalizing the new Headrush looks to consumers (including myself).

• IMHO, the longer we wait, the more-blown-away we'll be.

I mean, c'mon guys, have some faith! It's Kemper we're talking about here, not some Johnny-come-lately wannabe.

Anything the company does will be with class; I have no doubts about this. I think it's all-too easy to forget who we're dealing with here. 8o

As far as processor headroom is concerned, it's as much about coding efficiency as it is about raw power, and the last we heard from the company was that there was plenty of CPU grunt to spare in order to accommodate its long-term development timeline. So, with this in mind, my 2¢ worth on that matter is we need not worry yet.

• The CPU rumour was started by Fractal fanboys. A profile is 3kb. Think about that.

No argument about that the origin of CPU "rumors". However, the actual memory size of a .kipr file probably has little correlation with how the KPA's DSP uses and manipulates that information, in order to produce the final audio signal output.

In other words, the size of the raw input data file may be irrelevant to the amount of processing power needed to achieve a particular result. This is typically the case with computational numerical analysis and modeling, as would be the case in digital signal processing (e.g. FFT).

I just was pointing out the fact that digital reverb calcs tend to be the most processor-intensive, compared to other effects...and speculating on the ability of the KPA to handle all current tasks plus potential new high-fidelity reverbs, without compromising or imposing limits on existing performance.

Nevertheless, I tend to agree with Nicky ( @Monkey_Man )...Christoph Kemper has been on record that the KPA's processor and architecture has plenty of room to spare for future upgrades and developments.

Cheers,
    John

• Could be. I'm not techy enough to know, but I thought I read somewhere that the Kemper's processor(s) weren't even the most advanced at the time of their release, which could limit new features. My guess is if there is any more serious advancement, there would likely be a Kemper II, which one would hope also resolves some of the "Kemper tone" imprint on profiles.
    Still, an editor is a very elementary ask. If we've learned anything from Kemper, it's that keeping coy is their MO, so I don't see that asking them for a sign or teaser will do anything more than frustrate you. They should just know that as more time goes by without a floor model and editor, the more tantalizing the new Headrush looks to consumers (including myself).

A Headrush over a Helix or he similarly priced LT? How come?

• Nevertheless, I tend to agree with Nicky ( @Monkey_Man )...Christoph Kemper has been on record that the KPA's processor and architecture has plenty of room to spare for future upgrades and developments.

Yeah, and he specifically stated that it was spec'd appropriately in the design of the unit to accommodate the long-term-development road map, John, which I'm sure you'd remember his saying.

Tommy, a good example of what we're talking about might be, say, a Lexicon PCM-series 'verb plugin. Powerful algorithm, CPU-hungry, and the presets, which essentially only contain metadata, are tiny.