Here's video of my 2 remotes breaking

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Sorry for the stupid portrait view

• Another thought...
    Have you tried or has anyone recommended a system "re-initialization" of your Kemper?
    If I recall, it's pressing the system button while powering on.

I haven't gotten my remote yet, but on the few occasions where my Kemper was acting flaky, a re-initialization cured all it's ills.

Happy Kemper

• The re-initialization is the one thing I haven't tried. I'm a little nervous about doing that. Don't wanna lose all my stuff and not to savvy as far as backing things up and such. Yes, I also tried turning off the kemper, plugging the remote in and then turning it back on multiple times. Does the same thing no matter what I try. Makes zero sense why this is happening. I never had problems before and I'm on the latest firmware

• Hmmmm...
    I'd really consider learning to do the re-initialization.
    But it has to be at your comfort level.

Back ups are pretty easy.
    1) Get a thumb drive. (Clean if possible)
    2) Insert it in the Kemper (Follow the prompts to either format the thumb drive and/or perform the back up)

In my experience, the re-intialization didn't lose anything, but did stabilize what I had stored in the Kemper.
    (My particular issue had to do with the Rig Manager)

FWIW - We'd all love to see an effort like this bury this issue with the Remote.

Happy Kemper

• Did you try reseating the jack on the KPA side? I see in your video you are unplugging on the remote side.
    Two of them would seam a bit odd. I personally would look closely at the connections. Bent contacts, etc.
    Bad cable. Did you get a new cable with the second Remote?

• Since others have had this issue with the scrolling lines, I would wonder if that is what the Remotes screen would show if it is only receiving power but no communication even if the Remote is good.
    Or is it in itself a symptom of something else.

I canceled mine way back so I cant test any theories. It is looking like it is a good thing I did. Without them talking I am sure myself and many others may be wondering about the longevity of them too.

They could just be up front about it and tell people what the issue is when they see these lines. It has happened enough. All they have to do is be up front and say what the problem is and that they are on it instead of staying quiet and just sending another one.
    I know for myself, I would appreciate it more than the silence.

I am not knocking them personally but this is what silence gets you.

• i got the same Problem
    i downgraded to 2.74
    then reinstalled 3.0
    initialized the system
    then it took about 10 Minutes and the remote was working again
    without problems till today
    maybe this helps

• My vote would be firmware too based on the issues described. (But I've been wrong here before) :/
    OTOH - It might may be a defective display or a perhaps power issue going to the display.

Truth is, we could all be guessing here forever...and it would only be just that! (guessing)

I think it best we allow Kemper Eng to weigh in with both their product expertise and knowledge.
    I'd like to believe they'll convey something to us as I'm sure it's a colossal high priority to get this resolved and restore product confidence.

Sadly, I'm really kind of torn now...
    In as much as I'm anxious for receipt, I would much prefer to have greater confidence in receiving a trouble-free product.

So, as frustratingly as all this may be, Kemper is being wise slowing delivery until the root cause is identified, resolved and then stabilized.
    Got to believe the resulting solution will too be a relief for those currently having no reported issues.

The end results being:
    1) Improved product confidence for all of us,
    2) Improved/salvaged reputation for Kemper,

For me, I'm still keeping the faith,
    I also remain committed but maybe ought to start thinking about being committed. LOL

Happy Kemper

• Sorry to here about your dilemna...
    I'm one of the ones who 's problem was solved with a replacement remote. I've used the new one on 3 gigs and several rehearsals without an issue, other then hitting the looper button by accident..
    I have to agree Kemper needs to get this sorted fast to restore confidence in the Remote, because heaven knows I'm concerned everytime I turn it on.