Foot pedal volume reset on slot change- how to? SOLVED

• Done my first gig with v3.0.2 tonight an encountered and issue I hadn't noticed before on v2.5
    one of my presets has a vol pedal cc7 for doing swells, vol set post amp, ore effects.
    it worked as expected and was followed by a change to a non-volume pedal slot but I left the pedal at zero before selecting the new slot.
    all subsequent slots had no volume as the vol was left at 0 and my following slots had the same pedal assigned to wah, (midi cc 11?) so I couldn't get the vol back up. After a few seconds (which seemed long at the time panicking as I thought it was a more serious issue getting some dirty looks from the other band members) I worked out what it was and returned to the "swell" preset, upped the vol then returned back to the regular,non-volume controlled slots.

i dont recall this happening on the many gigs before the update so wonder if there is a way to restore 100% volume when selecting a new slot.
    The vol lock option didn't appear to make any difference. Btw, the midi pedal has not been changed recently, an fcb1010

thanks for any tips

• I use a volume pedal for swells too, and have never had an issue with changing slots and no volume as long as the volume pedal is in the 100% on position have you tried a system reset. I remember reading somewhere that Mbritt had an issue like this I think and Burkhard explain why the profiler worked that way. I just can't remember what the reason was, sorry :(

• Why? Sending a cc7 ... is more safe to find the desired volume? A Midi-controller-switch could be used to make a preset for rythm`n`lead... ?(

The value of controller Pedal Volume (directly controlled via MIDI CC# 7) is intentially maintained during Rig changes. You don't want the volume automatically jump to maximum each time you switch Rigs. In simple terms the controller Pedal Volume is behaving like an analog volume pedal, which also doesn't automatically move into toe position, while you change your sounds. If you connect an expression pedal to one of the Profiler's pedal sockets to control volume you will experience identical behavior.

Christoph is mentioning another Profiler feature, which you might be able to leverage for your purpose. For people who don't want to afford a dedicated volume pedal, the Wah pedal can be leveraged to control volume occasionally. If you activate "WahPedal to Vol." in System Menu the controller Wah Pedal (MIDI CC# 1) is controlling volume whenever no Wah effect is active in your current Rig. In order to avoid unexpected results, this linkage between Wah Pedal and volume is always reset at Rig change. After each Rig change volume controlled via Wah pedal is reset to maximum and Wah pedal needs to be moved into toe position to pick up volume control again. So activating "WahPedal to Vol." and sending CC#1 instead of #7 might do the job for you.

Another possible approach is sending CC#7 value 127 following each Rig change from your MIDI controller, if that's the behavior you want.