Rig Manager for older Mac (or PC) Operating Systems

• Since Rig Manager isn't really a processor-intensive or processor-specific application, it would be nice and very helpful if a backwards-compatible version could be made available for those of us who have computers that are older, yet not obsolete.

• Planned obsolescence by the manufacturer is expected. I drive a car until it is done, not because the manufacturer comes out with a new model. The same goes for the computer - it does everything I need other than run current software.

• Rig Manager is not compatible with for instance Windows XP or OSX 10.6.8 - we have no plans to change that.
    best, gs

Happens to me the same, and do not understand. I already spent in his day more than 3000 euros on a MacPro , I bought all the original sotware . I missed accounts and to update myself and work rigmanager have to invest around 5000 euros in other current MacPro (mine is not upgradeable to the current version ), pay the upgrade of Cubase, Ableton Live , plugins Waves , changing sound card and This has put me on the road ..... I am not a profesinal and my hardware and sotware works perfectly , is stable . So difficult it is that things function in earlier media ? I ask from the most absolute ignorance , but I think here is more abuse than lack of real possibility. I ultimately use a windows emulator , but not always work well ..

• Happens to me the same, and do not understand. I already spent in his day more than 3000 euros on a MacPro , I bought all the original sotware . I missed accounts and to update myself and work rigmanager have to invest around 5000 euros in other current MacPro (mine is not upgradeable to the current version ), pay the upgrade of Cubase, Ableton Live , plugins Waves , changing sound card and This has put me on the road ..... I am not a profesinal and my hardware and sotware works perfectly , is stable . So difficult it is that things function in earlier media ? I ask from the most absolute ignorance , but I think here is more abuse than lack of real possibility. I ultimately use a windows emulator , but not always work well ..

i'm not totally sure if I get you right but to me this reads that you cannot use Rig Manager on your Mac. Let me just say that it is in our interest to support every OS possible but at the same time when we start developing a product, we tent to us the latest and greatest. Simply for the fact that it allows us to maintain the software longer without rewriting it. As for 10.6.8 - Apple is not that bad. A MacPro from 2008 runs their latest distribution and I think in this age, 7 years mean something in terms of compatibility.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• There is more than just the OS and the application at play here. Don't forget the development tools and 3rd-party libraries which more often than not focuses on the latest and greatest in hardware and software platforms. It isn't always that simple to have your developers stay away from the hot and/or latest features in their play-toys. That said, we're often looking at 5-8 years of backwards compatibility these days which is a huge improvement over the situation back in the 80s and 90s when you'd be lucky to get 18 months.

• I already spent in his day more than 3000 euros on a MacPro

A MacPro3.1 easily runs current OS X versions. It was sold from early 2008 on, which is about 8 years ago. This is still one of my development machines. It currently runs 10.9 which works fine with Rig Manager.
    Related to the 8 years, you only would spare about 30€ each month to get the money together for a new one.

• I patched my 2006 1.1 Mac Pro and it runs every Mac OS up to the latest Yosemite.
    I've been running RM on it since it was available. (and Logic Pro X)
    Plenty of information about how to do that on the web. You need to know what you are doing with it but it's not that difficult.

• And only 10.7 if you are running 64bit!

Yeah, that one caught me out - upgraded my 2007 BlackBook to 10.7 on the sole reason of running Rig Manager (involving the best part of a day backing up and transferring settings), only to then find that it would install but wouldn't work. :thumbdown:

• Very confusing. This page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT3770 says

These Macs support the 64-bit kernel, but do not use it by default.
    iMac (Early 2008) and later
    MacBook Pro (Early 2008 through Mid 2010)

My mac falls into the MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2009) category so it sounds like it can run it, but doesn't use it. At this rate, the operating systems are only $20 so assuming I upgrade to Snow Leopard successfully, the next step would be Lion and if Rig Manager doesn't work, I still have a more up-to-date OS on my computer. I think I will still give it a shot. Thanks!