Any plans for a Kemper 2 amp?

• You'd never be able to remember them all anyway. You might as well have 200 as you'll audition 30 for someone and he'll go 'yea that one'.

Theres a certain amount that equates an infinite amount. You'd never have to audition a thousand profiles for anyone. By the time they'll get to 999 the issue isn't the Kemper, it's them.

I've auditioned all of mine and anything that isn't a 5 star rating in my opinion doesn't make it into the profiler. I've got around 50. Some 30 for the Strat and P90 and the rest are the Humbucker stuff. I only use like 5 really.

• Regarding dual amping with one Profiler: I'm sure this won't happen with the current incarnation of the Profiler. I'm 100% sure Kemper has this on their list for a future product. Not only for 2 parallel amps but also for serial applications like profiled stomp -> profiled amp. But this might not happen anytime soon, nobody knows.

Regarding the instant access to a HUGE library of rigs, this could technically be done by browser access to the pen drive.
    Would this make sense? No! There's no search functionality, just a few basic filters. You'd be scrolling through massive lists of rigs to get what you want. If they gave us direct access to rigs on a pen drive, there would be an inevitable rage about "bad interface" and "how are we supposed to manage?" and so on
    If you're a producer/engineer, do yourself a favour and get used to Rig Manager, seriously. It's not a fancy, eye-candy piece of software but it does the job and that's all that matters.

• Don't get the whole double profile thing. In reality, you want to record each amp on an own track. If it is just doubled, it does simply not have the same effect. Same for vocals. Nevertheless, there are profiles combining up to 3 amps from Till and others. So simply go for them. The POD can handle 2 amps at a time, but to be honest, I never found any use for it. It simply wasn't the wall of sound I expected.

What did work way better for that, and that would work with the Kemper: The LeoPu LeCab.

http://lepouplugins.blogspot.d…cab2-vst-for-windows.html

You can load up to six speaker IRs and place them separatly, edit phases, delays, pans and some other important parameters. That was getting me much closer to a wall of sound than just two signal pathes at a time that are 100% in sync. Still, playing each amp on its own track is the real deal. There are a lot of great IRs out there for free, one could even make a new out of up to six and place them inside the Kemper. While it's only ONE amp plus several speakers it's definitely worth a try.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I don't agree or understand the 'wish "of a new Kemper.
    I'm very happy with the actual one and I'm hoping it will take at least seven years or longer untill a new Kemper's coming out.
    Every guitarist want the best material they can get/ afford , and if you pay that kind of money for an amp you want to have the feeling that you made the right choice/ investment.
    Kemper owners made the right choice by spending there money on this amp and Kemper has made the right choice to have it right from the start with this model.
    If you want something new next year, buy a Axe and save all the money you can because there will be a newer/better one year later and the year after that ;)

Edited once, last by Dorrus ().

• In practice dual amps /paths are more hassle than benefits. For recording, single track double tracked in two different performances always sound superior to dual amps, without worrying about phase issues. In general even two mono tracks are also superior.

Kemper is already stereo and that's more than good enough. I hope they continue focusing on keeping it strictly a guitar amp processor and not add dual paths, mics, etc to turn in into all in one multi purpose gadget. The most recent Pure cab to simulate amp in the room is great and it's the path I wish kemper will continue to pursue.

• I never especially like to use dual path in other modelers, it always sounded unreal to me. I would personnaly prefer to see Kemper focusing on high end FXs more than this kind of feature. Of course I'm sure it all depends on the kind of music you make.

• I never especially like to use dual path in other modelers, it always sounded unreal to me. I would personnaly prefer to see Kemper focusing on high end FXs more than this kind of feature.

plus 1 here.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I own 2 Profilers and I'm about to get the third one before the end of this year.
    I have used them in parallel (dual amps) and in serial (profiled stomp ->profiled amp) many times and it's BIG fun to do that. Not all the time, not everywhere ... but I promise that "dual profile" capability would be a huge improvement.