Andertons Helix Vid

• Good post in tgp, mDan. It got linked to SSO where i responded to the Helix thread. Helix sounds pretty legit, but its def no KPA. So im glad L6 is getting its act together, but Im not buying into their sales pitch again. For all we know theyve started on working on the Helix 2, rather than creating a full slate of amp models comparable to Axe FX. Thats what bummed me ab the Pod HD. I was used to L6 expanding their amp base quite a bit after launch, but this barely happened with the Pod HD, and the latest bunch was pay to play and only had a few new amp models - it was mostly ports, and still no Mesa Mark models.

The KPA is constantly expanding, both due to its design allowing user contributions to its tone base, but also Kemper's commitment to its flagship product rather than making its sale and moving on to the next hardware.

This is exactly how I feel and felt about the HD line, Bobbo. They made a big deal about the new paradigm, and IIRC, implied or stated that it was to become the modelling method "going forward" (uugghh), so guys like you and I thought we were buying into the future, so to speak. Yeah, right. Thanks, L6. All we bought was a 3 or 4 year headache.

This is true. The only improvements can be in effects (quality, variety, etc.), user experience (front panel controls, editor -- or lack of one), form factor, price, etc. Amp sound is already there in KPA.

100% Agree.

That's not to say CK couldn't somehow improve the accuracy even more, but let's face it, we're not gonna hear such a tiny incremental improvement.

• Dan

Your soundclips thread on TGP should use a Kemper Cab not a Cabmaker converted IR.

:)

• I called him out on it. Lets see where this goes

Problem is that he (and other FAS guys) cannot leave the IR topic behind.
    They don't get that Kemper cabs are not about IR's, their length or resolution at all.
    I've given up arguing with people that still live in the ancient IR universe. ;)

• You guys are wasting your time.That forum is full of Fractal followers (and some of them are webmasters), they don't listen to reason or logic (i loved that ears "argument"... :rolleyes: )
    Plus they have moderation always backing them up, which lets exist this constant behavior and trash talk of other products.

There was a topic recently there comparing digital units that basically said that the Kemper unit sounds like crap.
    If there was something similar in regards to Fractal that topic would either be closed by moderation or the moderation itself would quickly refute those allegations(we seen a lot examples of this).

Tgp unfortunately became an advertising hub and propaganda site in favor of some specific brands.The digital gear part of the forum is simply disgraceful in that regard.

Ps : I only go there these days mainly because of the guitars in general part of forum, there's always some great info an stuff to learn there.

• Yea i know... i stopped going there for the most part. I was interested to see this thread, which led me back in and i didnt really read through much of it, but just checking the end, it sounds about exactly what Cliff was saying in 2013, back when Axe FW 10 couldnt sound more realer.

• I heard demos of the ISP Theta Pro AND Amplifire which sounded better to me than either the Axe or Helix. TGP already has someone complaining about the "harsh" tone of the Helix they just bought.
    Line 6 hyped the HD series as if it would slay everything.....and now the hype about Helix. Line 6 has cried wolf one too many times.

But the Amplifire is something I would use as a backup if I didn't already have the Eleven Rack on my shelf.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I heard demos of the ISP Theta Pro AND Amplifire which sounded better to me than either the Axe or Helix. TGP already has someone complaining about the "harsh" tone of the Helix they just bought.
    Line 6 hyped the HD series as if it would slay everything.....and now the hype about Helix. Line 6 has cried wolf one too many times.

But the Amplifire is something I would use as a backup if I didn't already have the Eleven Rack on my shelf.

I wanted to order one just for curiosity i guess, but then i saw the final price for Europe was more than 600€ I had to give up that idea.
    But i will definitely buy one used if i get the opportunity.

Has for the Helix i honestly like what i have heard so far.

• While it's way less flexible and as fewer options, when it comes to pc plugins my favorite is S Gear by far.

I have this. It's the closest in tone to the Kemper IMO.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I have this. It's the closest in tone to the Kemper IMO.

Closer than an Axe or Helix? Sounds digital to me. It's decent, but not up here with the big boys.

Mine is a Roland Micro Cube :P

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rock & Roll!