Tipp #3: Avoid digital GAS

• Yes it's fun to search for great profiles, download, check then out with all your guitars and spend a lot of your available time to organise your 1000+ profiles.

Its like collection stamps in the old days.

But is this why you bought the KPA - to spend so much time for collecting and organising profiles?
    das
    Even if it means you would not buy so many of my profiles - I recomment to use what you allready got - learn which kind of patches work best for your guitar and style.....

... and spend more time playing the KPA

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Yeah I hear that... I've found I spend too much of my time scrolling between presets and playing the same few riffs to hear the sound difference. I'm not getting much done lol...

• I'll make a deal with you. After I've downloaded all of the profiles by Pete Turley, Michael Britt, and The Amp Factory and organize them into the most killer performance ever collected, then I will stop and play my Kemper. ;)

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• Good point!

And try recording a song also, and learn which profiles work for which kinds of genres and - just as importantly - arrangement types. How close can two guitar parts be and not fall apart in mono? How much different a profile is needed for guitar 2 for that not to happen? Stuff like that :)

• Sage advice! I actually have one profile that I could use live all night every night on just about every song but will use others just to add variety. As for spending tons of time searching I don't anymore, well okay, not as much as I used to let's just say. I'm not looking for the grail tone I'm trying to fix the real problem: my stupid fingers!

• Totally agree with OP. One of the coolest little features of the KPA is the "Delete Non-Favorites" . When I found myself twiddling around with 100s of profiles I used this, so I could focus on playing the few that I had already identified as perfect for my needs.

• I try to bring it down to 25-30 profiles.

Btw..after many years of making music I strongly believe that the best method vs "digital gas" is listening to ethno-stuff.No matter what.From flamenco to african music to what ever out there..This music has always the "spirit" and "depth" which makes one "contemplate" within one sound exploring it.Playing much more with dynamics,freaky rhythms,different scales.This frees the ears and brain making it clear what "a sound" must be like to have tension and "life" and to sound "natural" to our ears.I believe that this is what makes the difference between players like Jimmy Page,Hendrix,Gallagher,Blackmore etc and the generations after them.All these guys had their ears into "basic sounds" and "feels" while newer generations tried (and still try) to achive to go "new ways" with more FX and more technology.

Since it is "more difficult" for northern europeans to get why I mean (sorry for this kind of "arrogance") I would recommend to listen to irish folk which is well within the "mentality" of most northern european countries.It is no coincidence that this music had a big influence onto guys like the ones I mentioned and so many others.One example is the "art" of irish music to "replace" any "boring" major scale with a "similiar" scale within the church scales(mixolydian for example) or the "standard" minor scale with a lets say dorian scale.Add to this that all kind of "ethno-styles" deliever more "space",more harmonical freedom (since most of them like the ones in ireland,scotland or india have these "drones" wabbling all over the melodies) and most of all "more time"..

Exploring music while "going back to the roots" does make one almost forget about "technology" and the "fast way" of having 1000 sound scrolling and tweaking ourself "to death". ;)

• That is actually fantastic advice and the longer I have my kemper the more I tend to focus on playing and actual tone rather than going through the 5000 profiles. Every couple of weeks it's fun to spend a whole day checking out new profiles and adding some to my favourites but that is enough.

• Great advice. Wish you had told me before I found out that your Fender tweed profiles are the best out there, and I bought them all. And also the Bogner Goldfinger and the AC30. And the Pink Taco. I'll probably stop soon.