Fractal AX8 ..... US $1,399 ..... thats just CRAZY !!! :) :) :)

• It is not deleted. At least here at 16.03 Berlin time I can stil see and read it.

Sadly Mark is not independent anymore. And one talks the word of the man who feeds him.

Its a fun watch nevertheless (Helix vs ax-8). Curious when CK puts a card in this game.

From a price point there is in europe simply no competition. Kemper it (still) is.

Edited once, last by DADA ().

• Kemper didn't long ago release the foot pedal, I don't know if a mini Kemper is needed, or what kind of benefits it would give us, and if it could really be sold for a lot less than the Kemper is now.

The amp sounds are as good as the Axe and is cheaper than both the Axe and the AX8 in the EU/UK, so what they need to do IMO is improve this system and market those improvements.

I'd go for effects improvement, try and match the delays and reverbs on the Axe, and maybe add a new killer element, someone mentioned profiling drive pedals, I've know idea if this is possible with the current system but something like that would be amazing.

Maybe they could make the forum work better on mobile iOS too, because it's absolutely terrible. :D

• No new products from Kemper are needed, just adding new and unique functions is sufficient.

Per example as someone said recently in the boards the ability to profile solo dirt pedals, in my opinion it would be a another game changer (as was amp profiling) and another selling point for kemper.
    No need for getting in these cat and dog fights, i still believe the current Kemper unit as a huge evolution prospect.

• The game has begun. Bias will be dropping Bias Distortion before the end if the year and it will be implemented in Bias Fx. I strongly believe that as they are releasing their Amp head, so will be for an fx pedal able to load custom "matched" stomps.
    We just have to wait a little bit.
    I'm buying a ton of pop corn :D

• Oh yes, they are ! Actually they gave exclusiveness to G66, you can't buy the axe from any other place like, say, Thomann.
    Even if you want to order the Axe from their US online shop, andyou are ready to pay the customs taxes (which would make it still much less than the G66 price), you can't.
    That's the number one reason why I didn't consider purchasing an axe. I don't regret my choice.

To be fair G66 are an amazing company - they really look after you even if you don't end up keeping the product.

• My opinion is that Kemper could reach the goal by using external sources. My idea isa profile mixer editor, maybe on the rig exchange, able to mix profiles or process them as the were in series.This could make dual amps (frequently asked) plus profile pedal and amp peda (way often required).
    Otherwise it would be great if and additional "processor"; key could be attached to the USB in of the KPA in order to improve the computing power of the KPA and so be able to load two profiles at once.
    Nowadays you can find small PC in a very small size, so i don't think it's impossible to do.

• ...My idea is a profile mixer editor, maybe on the rig exchange, able to mix profiles or process them as the were in series. This could make dual amps (frequently asked) plus profile pedal...

Brilliant lateral thinking, Jimmy!

Of course the coding could possibly be a nightmare, and might have to entail "silent" rendering of each "model" (stomp and amp) before recombination and subsequent final profile rendition.

Still, if anyone can do it, CK can, IMHO.

• This is where Kemper could really start to shine vs other methods. It may be possible (in theory) to mix multiple profiles, in series or parallel (with mix controls, etc.) then determining how the resultant sound can be created from a single profiler distortion generator (i.e. merged as a single profile, or done on the fly). For other makers like Line6 or Fractal, as you add amps in series and parallel, the computation gets more difficult. That's why you can't keep adding amps without running out of CPU.

For Kemper, once the profiles are known (series or parallel chains, etc.), then if you could determine the new parameters for the profiler (i.e. the merged profile), then you could simulate the chain with the same distortion generator and thus with just a small amount of CPU added. It would be great if Kemper could do this. They would have a significant advantage over other companies.

From a price point there is in europe simply no competition. Kemper it (still) is.

From a price point there's also no competition to the Kemper in the united states. List price is 1980, but many retailers have coupons up to 20%, that brings Kemper down to 1580 US dollars. Before I purchased the Kemper a friend of mine was gracious to let me try his AXE FX II that costs $2500 and his KPA. When I tried both, Kemper was clearly in a much higher league in regards to Amp modeling and everything else but was one thousand dollars cheaper!! Thank God money wasn't an issue, but I don't see a need to own both so the AXE FX doesn't actually compete with Kemper, it's the other way around. Kemper is competing and constantly taking sales away from fractal for anyone who's interested in tube amp modeling for very good reasons.

At the surface it might seem that the AXE has more and better effects but that's really not the case. Kemper effects are actually brilliant. The few parameter in each effect are very musical and effective. Practically, Kemper made it hard for users to get bad tones so he didn't offer millions of parameters that can only waste time and screw your tone.

The "Shapers" effects in the Kemper are like nothing I've ever used or heard in any other processor. Put any of the "shapers" in front of any profile and they can turn the least favored profile into an amazing natural musical sounding profile. Why would I pay $2500 for a clearly inferior products not only by my account, but also based on thousands of videos and clips that demonstrate how stunningly close if not the same, kemper sound compared with tube amps.

Getting more on topic, in the united states, why would anyone pay 1450 for AX 8 (including shipping Excluding sales Tax, another hundred dollars) when for roughly one hundred more dollars, you can get the most advanced technology in modeling tube amps by buying the Kemper.

Edited 3 times, last by Dean_R ().

Getting more on topic, in the united states, why would anyone pay 1450 for AX 8 (including shipping Excluding sales Tax, another hundred dollars) when for roughly one hundred more dollars, you can get the most advanced technology in modeling tube amps by buying the Kemper.

One factor I see that may sway some to use an AX8 is that they highly prefer the form factor of a floorboard controller to a rack or standalone chassis like the Kemper. And if they want to also use it as a MIDI controller for other outboard effects. For the Kemper to do both of these, it would require the KPA+remote which is not cheap, nor can it really act as a complete MIDI controller.

Tonewise of course, it's a different story. I prefer the philosophy and tones from the Kemper! :)

• I always the Axe sounded hit or miss.

Sounds real good here. Real good.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• But this Atomic Amplifire sounds better (in the Power amp of tube amp) if you have one laying around at less than half the price of the AX8

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just to get a sense how crazy Fractal prices are in Europe...

http://olx.pt/anuncio/fractal-…g-IDxUj2D.html#6173163704

This guy is asking for a used Axe Fx Ultra (not the Axe Fx II) 1250€.

http://www.thomann.de/pt/kemper_profiling_amplifier_bk.htm
    A new Kemper costs 1590€ on Thomman (and you can get better deals than this, i got mine in local a Store here in Portugal with a discount).

We are talking about the Axe Ultra , these were the first generation of Axe Fx back in 2008.

Prices like this are super common (standards and ultras used go from 1000/1200 € ) here in Europe, and it's comprehensible people are asking these prices since when they bought the units back in the day they were already super high priced.

So i would not have any hopes that the Ax8 will reach Europe with a decent price tag.

• The "main problem of the Kemper is. The effects sections.
    Very limited options and weak effects comparing to the effects from the FAS units...

And I never see any improvement on the effects from Kemper... :/

Kemper Effects are much more musical, advanced yet simple with very few parameters.

Have you tried any of the "Shaper" effects in front of any of the profiles if you own the Kemper? Nothing in the AXE FX or any other effect processor can breath life into the sound of an Amp like these little simple two parameter effects. Have you tried the harmony effects in Kemper where you can shift Chords with amazing tracking.

Sure there might be much more effects in the AXE FX, but they have too many parameters and the sound can easily be broken with the unlimited number for never ending tweaking. The effects in the Kemper are understated because they're compared with the Kemper modeling or profiling which is the most advanced accurate modeling there is, but when you slow down and start using the effects, you will also notice that they are the smartest most musical effects anywhere. Besides, good effects are plenty, TC, Line 6, Lexicon all make very adequate effects and no one needs to spend $2500-4000 to get the AXE FX for effects.

The rare commodity is accurate amp modeling. Can anyone model their tube amps using AXE FX, POD HD etc? They possibly can get close after weeks or maybe months of never ending tweaking to perfect the patch that resembles their amp. Kemper gives you identical sound and feel within minutes. AXE and Pods can give you a decent usable sound but with a completely different feel. They don't have the ability to capture the feel. You play these things long enough and you might get used to this unnatural feel that might somehow resemble the feel of tube amps, but it's generally either exaggerated or not even there. You will find that out if you go to the studio and mic your amp or if you use an ISO and listen to a tube amp through studio speakers.

Kemper nails the sound and feel meanwhile AXE FX, POD, will never get their even with firmare X to the power infinity unless they discover another way of sampling the sound of a tube amp with its dynamics. Algorithmic methods will always miss many things. DO they factor how the tube amp will sound as it reacts to a speaker on a very humid day, hot or cold tubes? They simply can't and that's the reason why you will never ever see Fractal or Line 6 demonstrate the tube amps they modeled and compare with the model itself. Even the measurement they use can vary from day to day presuming, they actually have real amps and not relying 90% on Schematics.

I said that before, AXE FX and all algorithmic modeling is like artificial sweeteners, you use them long enough and you get used to them and you actually can prefer them to the actual natural sugar or honey. Kemper on the other hand is organic, natural and sweet like honey or sugarcane. It's expected that many still will like to use artificial products, but that doesn't change the fact that these products remain artificial, unnatural and uninspiring.

• Only just googled the Fractal AX8, and it surely looks the business! Really liking the design and idea.

I have been very happy with my Kemper and Remote but I'm not a brand fanboy by any means. If the AX8 truly does sound like the AXE-FX2 and sells at the listed price, I can only assume Fractal are onto a winner!

I do love when competing companies evolve and take a new spin their on classic products. Not sure which company will be the long term dominating force in this industry, but hopefully its a long and hard fought battle with the standards always being pushed. Good companies releasing quality competing products will always ultimately benefit the end users, and well.. that can't be a bad thing! :)

• Only just googled the Fractal AX8, and it surely looks the business! Really liking the design and idea.

I have been very happy with my Kemper and Remote but I'm not a brand fanboy by any means. If the AX8 truly does sound like the AXE-FX2 and sells at the listed price, I can only assume Fractal are onto a winner!

I do love when competing companies evolve and take a new spin their on classic products. Not sure which company will be the long term dominating force in this industry, but hopefully its a long and hard fought battle with the standards always being pushed. Good companies releasing quality competing products will always ultimately benefit the end users, and well.. that can't be a bad thing! :)

I am not brand fanboy also. If you like sound of AXE FX II - go for it. Before buying I couldn't try nor Kemper neither AXE FX. But what I saw on youtube was that 90% of AXE FX samples are stuffed with distortion or/and effects.