Stumbled upon a Kemper from Jo'burg South Africa

• Hi my name is Matt

I've just pulled the trigger this week on a KPA (unpowered) lunchbox/white. At first I was a massive sceptic but I must admit so far am really loving the amp profiles!

I sold my Dr Z Maz 18 jr a few weeks ago and saw this on an musicians buying/selling page on facebook - included a kemper bag and behringer 1010 controller with kemper chip installed.

I have a few questions i'd like to ask.

1.) How many of you use the KPA alone - no stand alone pedals, just the KPA and built in effects?

2.) How many of you run a normal pedalboard into the KPA? I love my normal pedalboard, but perhaps it's more effective to replace with the KPA built in effects. Will these be updated anytime soon?

3.) Do you run drives straight into the KPA and other effects in the loop?

I have a couple really nice pedals (strymon timeline, bigsky) that are far more extensive than whats currently available on the KPA. Then i've got a couple nice drive pedals (greer amps lightspeed, bondi sick as) a cali76 compact deluxe compression pedal and a tapestry audio bloomery. I love all of these pedals. The KPA can easily replace the drives, and the compression. But it doesn't do what the strymons can do (that I know of?)

4.) Lastly, the behringer remote has the kemper chip so in theory it does all that the kemper remote can do. But I still find myself wanting a proper kemper remote. Is it worth while me selling my drive pedals and the behringer 1010, and keeping my two strymons and buying a kemper remote to place on one board?

• Welcome, Matt!

1.) How many of you use the KPA alone - no stand alone pedals, just the KPA and built in effects?

Here, me.

2.) How many of you run a normal pedalboard into the KPA? I love my normal pedalboard, but perhaps it's more effective to replace with the KPA built in effects. Will these be updated anytime soon?

Just try how you get along with the Kemper FX. Most users find they do the job just fine. And updates are said to be on the horizon as well.

3.) Do you run drives straight into the KPA and other effects in the loop?

Yes, this is possible.

I have a couple really nice pedals (strymon timeline, bigsky) that are far more extensive than whats currently available on the KPA. Then i've got a couple nice drive pedals (greer amps lightspeed, bondi sick as) a cali76 compact deluxe compression pedal and a tapestry audio bloomery. I love all of these pedals. The KPA can easily replace the drives, and the compression. But it doesn't do what the strymons can do (that I know of?)

Kemper has said they're working on improvements on the delay, but no timeline is given.

4.) Lastly, the behringer remote has the kemper chip so in theory it does all that the kemper remote can do. But I still find myself wanting a proper kemper remote. Is it worth while me selling my drive pedals and the behringer 1010, and keeping my two strymons and buying a kemper remote to place on one board?

Absolutely yes. The Remote is the best partner for the Profiler (unless you want to run and command complex midi scenarions then the Liquid Foot might be better suited). And the Remote plus the Strymons don't eat up too much board real estate either.

• Hi Matt. Welcome to the forum! I agree with Ingolf in trying to work with the Kemper effects. Most are very good, and will no doubt be enhanced as time goes on. I personally find the remote to be more useful than the 1010, but to each his own. For me, the convenience factor is important, and I don't want to lug any more equipment than necessary. I will say that the PA or monitor being used is of the highest importance. The Kemper only sounds as good as what you put it through. Try it with a top notch PA and you'll experience its glory :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Welcome!

I was previously using a TC Electronic G-System for effects and as a MIDI controller. I now use the KPA Remote and the KPA internal effects.

The internal effects may not replace all the sounds in the Strymon gear, but, they are very powerful. Look for a thread called "Advanced Reverb Presets", and there are also some demo clips in my signature of some FX rigs that are available on the Rig Exchange.

• Welcome !!!
    I sold all my tube amps, and now am in the process of selling my pedals.
    I asked my wife to help me blind test my corksniffer boutique pedal vs the Kemper's built-in.
    You can guess the result of that test. IMHO sell your pedals and buy yourself some nice profile packs ;)