Harsh breakup on some profiles

• New to Kemper and I'm loving it.

On certain profiles, like M Britt's 13 FT37 2.0 (divided by 13 profile), I get a real harsh, not so musical breakup when I dig in, mostly when I chicken pick. A 65 deluxe profile from Top Jimi does it too. These are otherwise excellent sounding profiles. It tends to happen when the gain is dialed up a bit (-3.0ish).

Anyone else notice this? Running KPA + Matrix GT1000fx + FR212

Thanks

• No, the LEDs are in the green. It's a harsh, metallic background distortion that kinda leaks out when I hit notes really hard. Hard to describe. Not really clipping. Only on certain pushed clean profiles. Haven't updated to the latest FW. I wonder if that would do away with it?

• - Try turning the Definition and Clarity settings in the amp down to see if it helps.

- My guitar has this weird, gross peak around 2khz whenever I pick, and the more distortion the worse it gets. You could try putting a really narrow boost in front of the amp and sweeping the frequency while you play, just to see if it's coming from any particular frequency range that you can cut out.

• Hi JBurd77, i have the same issue with only one clean sound that i am using (profile name which i cant remember of the top of my head right now) but it only kicks in when i play harder than usual its almost like an explosive sound that kicks in and out quickly above the actual profile sound and its really annoying as it doesnt happen all the time but i do love that clean profile as its not your typical crystalline and has definite body type of sound with a little sustain which most clean profiles lose.

ON another note are you happy with the FR212 using the GT1000Fx amp?

i have exactly the same amp as you and am considering getting a pair of those FR212 speakers (4ohms right/?) to have a stereo type effect setup Left and Right but there doesn't seem to be any indepdendant user reviews of the Matrix GT amps with the FR212 speakers out there nor see many guys running out to get them. So this is a little worrying.

Are you happy with the sound coming from the Matrix FR212 speakers? Have you used the KPA and amp with anything else to be able to compare?

Cheers buddy.

Gerry