Purchased profiles???

• That depends massively on your tastes! Try the free sample packs from the individual vendors if such exists. That'll at least give you a hint as to whether you share a taste, or not.

Even the best of profiles won't be worth it if they don't match your tastes.

Also: not all commercial profiles are created equal, so to speak. This is not to say that only the big, popular profiling guys are worth it, far from it. Just watch out, try sample packs, and decide from there.

• I have been thinking about purchasing some profiles,what have been people's experiences with purchasing profiles?

You need not buy any. There are a lot of free excellent Rigs available in the Rig Exchange or some times free examples from the professional Profiler.
    I would suggest.
    Learn at first the function and possibilities of the KPA with the free Rigs.
    Try do figure out what are your preferences and how to tweak a profil for your personal needs.
    Even a bought Profiles normally is to fit for your Guitar and taste.

Worth the money

For me it was not wasted money.
    I bought some profiles. At the one hand I learned a lot at the other hand the percentage of brilliant Rigs is higher than the free rigs.
    You will find out that a Kemper sound only as good as the profiles you have.
    If you compare the price of a Kemper to the professionals rig prices you will find out it is a good relationship to improve your investment.

Have fun an welcome - Harry

• I have found that, for my taste, the MBritt profiles are the only ones I really like.
    Until I bought them, I was really worried that the Kemper wasn't going to do it for me.
    I think he has some free/trial profiles on his site. It can't hurt to give them a go!

• I have purchased lots of profiles and am totally profile saturated, i think thats the way alot of people go. I have had great success with TAF profiles my favourite out of all, but everyone is different. What one person thinks is a great sounding profile someone else will think is rubbish probably. There are some free commercial seller profiles on the rig exchange or in the KPA rig packs to give you a flavour of what they are like. Try those first and see if any take your fancy and if they do head on over to thats sellers site and purchase some. When i first purchased my KPA there were not many sellers but now there quite a few to pick from, im sure you will find the profiles that are right for you in the end though.

• There are a lot great free profiles, so no need for it. But I did buy a few from MbBritt, Amp factory, Bert Meulendijk and some more to expand my sound pallet. All great profiles and no regret from buying them.

• "Worth the money" is subjective but I warrant most people have had good experiences with commercial purchases, although every now and then you do hear someone say they bought something that just doesn't quite work for them. You need to determine what "worth the money" means to you.

For example, I have purchased a modest amount of commercial profiles - l estimate about 250-300 total. Will I ever use all of them? No, probably not. Generally at any given gig I use 1-3 max and over the course of the last 6-7 months that I have owned the Kemper I have probably cycled through less than 20 +/- total for gigs. Add maybe 10 +/- more for fooling around with recording and I have most likely utilized less than 20% of what I purchased - maybe closer to 10%. For some folks, that might not be enough 'return on investment' to say its worth the money. For me, it is, because I have a wide palette to choose from when I need it. I might not need any given profile at any given time, but I do like having it there just in case. Your mileage may vary.

• I have been thinking about purchasing some profiles,what have been people's experiences with purchasing profiles? Worth the money?

thanks

keep in mind that many of the free Rig Packs from our web site are from commercial packs, so you already have quite a few commercial profiles available - meaning you can inform yourself about the style of certain vendors.

thread moved.

• Bingo, a lot of the stuff on the rig are from commercials , search "mental" and check out mine, their extract from my commercial pack, essentially they are trimmed down versions of what the pack can sound like + more.

• Most definitely worth the money for me, especially the smaller packs. For instance TAF has plenty of great amps at 5 pounds per amp, and often at a discount, so why deprive yourself of that? Same with some of the others like Guidorist and the MBritt mini-packs. The only downside is that it's addictive and you'll end up with with more profiles than you need, but barring some bigger packs, I'd do it all again.

• Could be, but pretty much all of the big names are there. I think they're good for sampling the wares, but soon I find myself wanting a full range of profiles for the big, iconic classic amps, and then exploring others that before I never considered but that were nice surprises (like Andy's 1968 Orange Matamp to name one). I spend money on a lot more stupid things than that. How much does a night out cost you, and does it give you more pleasure than buying, say, 10 amps?

One good thing about the Kemper is that it has mostly cured my GAS for other gear, including guitars. Profiles cost a fraction and don't clutter up your home.

• Profiles cost a fraction and don't clutter up your home.

Yes, but they do start to clutter up your mind! I have slowly managed to get to hundreds of really great profiles of vastly differing tone but now I can't remember what is what or where to find it as there are just too many in my library now. I started using favorite tags and folders by type (clean, breakup, dist etc) but still find myself "mentally" buried by the shear volume of what I now have to choose from. I must admit it was way easier to pick a tone and play when I had only 40-50 great profiles! But I suppose I would not have the 10-15 I keep playing all the time if it weren't for trying the hundreds.

• Yes, that's also true. This intimacy about really getting to know a piece of gear inside out is something I miss. If I didn't have to think about neighbors, that's why I would otherwise still prefer to get by with 2-3 real amps. I DO have neighbors however, and it's great to be able to play at 1am with headphones, and still get great sound.

Come to think of it, I'll try by having only my favorites folder, and then load 1 complete amp, and nothing else. Then after a month or so, switch to a different amp. But no longer have 50 amps loaded, with as the end results that I rarely venture outside my favorites folder. I picked up the MBritt Jim Kelley pack this week, so that's a good place to start.