DISCUSSION - NAMBA PROFILER HEAD PROTECTION BAG

• Howdy Friends

Wondering how many owners are satisfied with this bag? Any issues?

A couple weeks after receiving mine, the shoulder harness strap harness broke. Luckily I was able to catch the bag as it hit the floor reducing the impact.

I reported the issue to Namba over a week ago and have had no response. Perhaps it was too scathing? (copy below)
    So far, I am not impressed with this bag nor the lack of acknowledgement/support...... X(

Starting to regret I did not order the Rackmount Powerhead instead!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: kemper Profiler Head Protection Bag
    Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 09:54:02 -0800

To whom this concerns

I received my protection bag mid Dec 2015
    A week ago the shoulder strap harness clip broke. Please see picture.

My local music store was able to recycle something similar off some surplus.

I hope someone will investigate quality control on this equipment piece. May I remind you the Kemper is a very expensive piece of equipment and I was surprised that such a thin design would be used. If you include the optional foot pedal, cables, etc. combined they are quite heavy. These need to be unbreakable.

I am not interested in a replacement if you would simply resend such an inferior product and sincerely hope this bag will indeed protect my investment.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers people!! _\m/

• Not to pile on but I have to say I'm not super happy with the quality of mine either.

I haven't used it with the shoulder strap so I haven't had that problem exactly but most of the velcros have come loose and are only attached partially and the seam near the top of the inner lining has come apart so I have to be careful to put the Kenper in so it doesn't rip further.

i wish there was a better bag available, I don't want the weight of a hard case.

Edit: I like the layout of the bag, it is very practical with the pockets and such I just don't feel like I can trust it fully to load them all up with stuff

• It looks nice and fits well.

The velcro is coming off the handle and it's hard to keep the shoulder strap from twisting around. I'd say for the price it's a bit of a disappointment.

BTW, I have contacted Kemper support about it and have not received any answer.

Edited once, last by drbill ().

• I'd add to that, my handle Velcro and stitching also has come loose, started around the 3Rd or 4th time I used it. The bags ok, but for the money id probably get a flight case in the future.

• I'm pretty much in line with everyone else. I haven't used shoulder strap, but the velcro wrap handle is too small. Makes it difficult to carry ,because it won't stay closed. Can't say I'm happy with the cost vs quality

• I've had mine for over 3 years and it still works well even though I gig a few times a week. I like that the KPA and remote are a snug fit with the remote cable in there as well.

It has a few small tears here and there but all in all I'm generally happy with it.

The bag is super portable in comparison to even a small rack unit and it can easily sit on the floor in front of the front seat of my car..

• I've had mine for over 3 years and it still works well even though I gig a few times a week. I like that the KPA and remote are a snug fit with the remote cable in there as well.

It has a few small tears here and there but all in all I'm generally happy with it.

The bag is super portable in comparison to even a small rack unit and it can easily sit on the floor in front of the front seat of my car..

I've read opinions both ways before from users and to be honest it baffles me a bit with the quality, or lack of it, of the bag that I purchased. I have wondered if there were different batches of this bag with different materials or level of quality control.

• I think any complaints should go to Kemper - they're the ones who have their name on the bag. Then they can go and put the thumbscrews on Namba in turn. Not sure Namba cares much about a couple of complaints, but if Kemper calls them and says "this isn't good enough", maybe then things will happen.

exactly. if anybody has an issue with a bag we've sold, please get in touch with us by email. We certainly do not open every box and inspect the item inside, so if there's something wrong with the QA (which we don't do) we appreciate to know.
    thanks, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• The bag IS a pretty penny. For the cost of 2 of them I commissioned a custom case. "Carry On" flight bag style. I had been using a rolling bag purchased at a craft shop which fit everything but I get nervous trucking it and the remote in soft bags. Almost bought the Namba but got a good enough price on my case. Should be here in a week or so...

• exactly. if anybody has an issue with a bag we've sold, please get in touch with us by email. We certainly do not open every box and inspect the item inside, so if there's something wrong with the QA (which we don't do) we appreciate to know.
    thanks, gs

Ok, thanks for that, I will take some pictures of my bag today and send you a support mail about it.

The bag IS a pretty penny. For the cost of 2 of them I commissioned a custom case. "Carry On" flight bag style. I had been using a rolling bag purchased at a craft shop which fit everything but I get nervous trucking it and the remote in soft bags. Almost bought the Namba but got a good enough price on my case. Should be here in a week or so...

Sounds good! Do you have any details or pictures? Would it be possible for others to order the same?

• i wish there was a better bag available, I don't want the weight of a hard case.

I use a Portabrace CS-DV4U camera bag. They're not cheap ( around £180 ) but they have reinforced bases and sides so offer protection against bumps etc. The buckles and clasps are stainless steel and the straps are padded and covered in suede for comfort. The side pocket holds the Kemper Remote snuggly and the main compartment holds the toaster with a bunch of cables beside it. I've had mine since 2006 (used with cameras) and it's still going strong!

Edited once, last by pauljoy ().