Djemass official thread (Acoustic sim+Piezo packs available !)

• I agree ZFL and ZGT have no acoustic simulation, they are more taylored to plug a real acoustic guitar.

I tested both now with acoustic guitars.
    Both are similar but ZGT for has a litte more character (for my taste)
    Generel I install an EQ in every acoustiv RIG. Because the influence of different acoustic guitars is bigger than e-guitars.

Used Guitars:
    Lowden S10 (Jumbo style) with passive piezo.
    Lowden F27 with a L.R.Baggs active pickup
    Yamaha APX500 with avtive piezo.

S10 with passive Piezo needed of course a lot a amplifying, but the Kemper can do this.
    The profiles shows the personalities of the guitars very clearly and after some tweakin both are sounding very good with enough dynamic..

As it is with every equipment for acoustic guitars - it changes not a bad guitar to a good guitar but a good equipment let a good guitar be a good guitar .
    Your profiles in connection with the Kemper let the Guitar live. This is the best you can expect.

For me the best is a Mic - but not in a Rock-Band ;)

• Thank you Sharry for your help. It is just the beginning of a lot of experiment.

Tomorrow I will try to connect my Zoom to my soundcard, and adding in my DAW some Acoustic guitar IR to add some body resonnance + eqing, and why ot tonematching with ozone with an isolated acoustic guitar track, alot of experiment for sure. Perhaps Waves SSL/

To date, I found 40 acoustic body resonnance IRs (Taylor, MartinD28, GibsonJ45, Hummingbird, mandolin...)

Also a nice tutorial here :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Someone would make me a track with an electric guitar equipped with piezo (aka a JP Musicman for instance?)

Let's see how this works...

I hope the Pizzuti pack will expand with nice new acoustic sim profiles. Perhaps could turn into a huge pack !!

• Hi Gerald,
    where can i download these acoustic profiles? Cant find them on your website, there is still a comming mark. Like to check them out with my jp6 with piezo pu.

cheers
    Frank

• Hi Gerald,
    where can i download these acoustic profiles? Cant find them on your website, there is still a comming mark. Like to check them out with my jp6 with piezo pu.

Hi Frank,
    the rigs I tested I found at gerald's homepage to download. (see his signature)
    Soon he will come with redesigned Rigs.

• Update, for the moment I have about 39 cabs (yes, again !!). For the moment the most realistic preamp with my DIMARZIO JP pickups are from the Zoom. For the moment, I have issues I don't why with my own ZOOM profiles, I have sometimes very huge "plocs" when combined with the cabs when I strike the strings very hard. However, if I use the profile of the zoom in the rig exchange of Ruppert/Gary, I don't have the "plocs" anymore... strange. As I don't have a lot of time and as it sounds very good as it is, I would like to use temprorarly this 3rd part Profile for the preamp part. Does someone know who is M Weinstroer I use his permission or the rig author called Ruppert:Gary ?

These profiles are for magnetic pickups. Of course, they can work great if you disable stack Eq and studio eq set in the X slot.

They sound nice and can make illusion in live situations or for demos, but if you want a Martin D28 sound, buy directly a damn one, hahaha !! :D

Ok time for sleep now.

Meambobbo, Frank, Renaud and Sharry, I send you tomorrow the pack for testing ;)

• OK the Aco Pack Pizzuti is released. Enjoy !

36 profiles. Only the cabs differ.

I used here because of clipping issues a ZOOM preamp profile already posted in the RE (thanks Bill Ruppert for your kind words).

Caution : it is taylored for humbucker pickups.

I have not tried with piezo pickups, but I would advise to disable the stack eq and X slot first, and engaging them if the tone is too dull for you.

Of course, try with other preamp clean profile (the THR10 by Kosta could be a great choice for piezo pickups)

I let also the first attempts of profiling my Zoom 504II, but I can't use them with the cabs as they produce huge clipping artefacts... I have to check later about this

• Have sent a PM. Check your in box.

cheers
    Frank

• BEWARE for those who have already downloaded the pack with new "ACOUSTIC #" named profiles !!!!

Eltzejupp faced huge pops when he attacked hardly the strings. This may damage your PA ! Some pickups may cause the problem more often than other ones.

This comes from the cabs for sure. This doesn't happen with the 504II profile, only with the "acoustic" profiles.

Crap, I thought this was solved as I don't face this anymore with my guitar. I retried a few minutes ago and could recreate the problem once.

The profiles sound really great but there is this huge problem :(

I removed the pack until it is solved.

Opened a ticket.

Sincerely hope KPA team will help me.