Fizzy\muddy then awesome

• i dont know if its the kemper or me.. i purchased the 68 marshall pack from top jimi because it sounded amazing online. i imported it and it sounded fizzy\muddy not clear on distortion settings (clean sounded fine).. i was really disappointed.. but all the other factory profiles i tried sounded that way as well.. i shut it off.. came back a few hours later and then it sounded AMAZING, like the clips i heard online.. i was in heaven.. i shut it down again and the next time it sounded fizzy again... i dont know what to do.. i tried adjusting the dist sense, eq.. i tried different electric outlets thinking something with the line noise.. its driving me crazy because i know what it can sound like.. its like giving a half of a dorrito to a starving man.. im not changing any parameters to cause this.. i dont want to send it back but i might have to.. thanks for any advice

• thanks for your reply...yes i will when i get home.. so frustrating because when it sounded clear it was out of this world to me.. is there a way to do a factory restore? put it back to when i first got it? its only a few days old anyway

• It sounds like you have a different issue, but sometimes it's happened to me that I've turned the Cab or Monitor Cab on/off inadvertently, and it can have that kind of effect.

• The other day everything sounded honky, with the same mid-boost breakup tainting every profile I tried.

Then I thought of it: The wah could have been moved from its heel-off position somehow, maybe when I was tidying the room. I nudged it back fully and viola! All is well.

Could it be something like this? In my case, I've got the wah locked in slot 1 so it affected every profile I tried.

• I have something similar happen from time to time, it sounds like the volume is at 50% and I'm listening through a beer can. I fix it by either rebooting, by changing profiles. or cycling through effects (sometimes one way works and the others don't - don't ask me why). The good news is it only happens when first starting up, so after it is fixed I don't have an issue when switching between rigs (or a better explanation, once it goes away it doesn't come back).

• SneakyPete's comment made me think of something: sometimes I've experienced that, and I unplug my cable (guitar to input on KPA) and then plug it back in and it fixes it. Fairly rare occurrence though.