customer support issues -SOLVED

• maybe i'm wrong and i know 24/7 email support was stated above. but i guess that does not mean that there is a lonely techguy sitting in the kemper office waiting for potential emails which will be answered within like maybe 20 min... i assume it just means you can send an email 24/7 and get the automatic reply and somebody will take care of -if it's going nicely by f.e. mobile device- as soon as possible, but in the sense of 'common workingtimes' and if it works out well for you within 24hours. i think we should not forget that this is free of charge and it ain't 911. that being said i hope for you it literally is a 24/7 support and you will gain a neat solution on this problem.
    it's a real pain in the ass when anticipation turns into such a bother!

• I'm in Australia and got a more-or-less instant response. The issue was sorted within minutes.

Like you, my out-of-the-box Kemper wouldn't fire up properly. Some complex message or other, stating that I should take a 'photo of the screen and send it to Support. I don't have a camera, so panic kinda set in, but as I said, Support sorted me out pronto. This is why I asked if you'd tried resetting the device 'cause it worked for me. EDIT: I actually ended up forcing a firmware update under instruction, which amounts to a reset really, but just thought I'd be clear.

Unfortunately, it seems you haven't been so lucky, and again, I feel for you mate. Know that the Kemper Team™ wouldn't derive any joy from your situation and will bend over backwards, if necessary, to ensure that you're a Happy Kemper™ when this is over.

obviously if you cannot turn off your kemper you cannot stop playing... luckily i'm a physician, so that i could supply myself with all the good stuff you need to stay awake for several days 8| since i did not want to take the risk of damage by just pulling the plug until i received the responsemail from kemper support telling me that this would be okay... :thumbup:

So... you played all that time? Cripes!

• Well thanks for all the replies. I'm still no better off. I've emailed , come here and still no joy....I've heard nothing.......now.....

Spain is warmer than England is the only constructive thing I can say at the moment

To which address did you send your email to? I just checked and there have been no new emails in the last 12 hours.
    Make sure to use [email protected]
    You will receive an autoreply within a couple of minutes.

• Are all professional musicians incapable of sending emails?
    @norburybrook: maybe you should let your manager deal with your KPA issue.

whoooo. Dude......that's a bit uncalled for...... as I said I've sent two emails one via the support page and one direct to the customer support.

My manager is here in Spain with me by the way so I don't see how that would help!

To the Kemper guys who answered above, I have no auto replies....

I'll send another Email now.

Also can you tell me if this is an issue that can be sorted out without the unit being returned?

MC

• @Michael_dk: I see your point and of course you're right. But at that moment that was the most constructvie I could come up with. Here's a user complaining about the dreadful (!) customer support and at the same time he doesn't seem to be able to send an email to [email protected] ... What constructive suggestion could you possibly come up with? In the course of this thread he has received any help you could possibly hope to get.

• I sent the first email to support on Friday 4 th at 22:57 after coming to the forum for help ,I have it here in my sent email , I sent another direct from the contact website about 5 minutes before. I've just sent another one now.

The dealer support guy was Dave Turnbull form Guitar Guitar who tried contacted you on Thursday 3rd and again on Friday 4th during office hours but got no reply.

MC

• @Michael_dk: I see your point and of course you're right. But at that moment that was the most constructvie I could come up with. Here's a user complaining about the dreadful (!) customer support and at the same time he doesn't seem to be able to send an email to [email protected] ... What constructive suggestion could you possibly come up with? In the course of this thread he has received any help you could possibly hope to get.

Have you not read anything I've written in this thread., at what point did the words ....'I've sent two emails already' not register?????

I've now sent 3 and this is after I came here because Dave couldn't get a response form Kemper on Thursday or Friday.

I'm finding it hard that I'm getting flak here for this...... what more could I have done?

Still no one form Kemper has replied to what this issue is and if it can be fixed by me in 5-10 minutes with a screw diver or some kind of software manipulation.

MC

• Just ignore my impatiience. One thing, though: If I were you, I would make sure that everything is fine with your mail server, because I have never heard of a case in which [email protected] has not sent an automated reply once they have received a support inquiry.

• Well I have copies here in my sent mail. And mail has been coming and going fine. Also remember I came here after the dealer was unable to get in touch on Thursday or Friday.

Here's my correspondence leading up to me coming here ..

Thursday;
    Good Afternoon Marcus,

I'm still waiting for a reply from Kemper on this. It may be that I will have to get back to you in the morning about this issue. They are only based in Germany so there reply should be imminent. As soon as they come back to me I will let you know immediately.

Kind Regards

David Turnbull - Web Support

And Here's Friday;

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your kind words.

We certainly want to get this sorted for you as this is a great product so we want to get you up and running. Still no reply from Kemper but i will keep on that them.

Kind Regards

David Turnbull - Web Support

I then came here hoping someone might have a simple solution . Sent 2 emails immediately then another today and nothing....

MC

• MC, it sucks that you're having issues right out of the gate like this. I also don't understand the negative responses you received on this thread, as I've always found this forum to be incredibly helpful. I've also found Kemper Support to be prompt. Please hang in there!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I've now had 3 replies all of a sudden form Kemper so that's good.

Anyway in case anyone else sees this error , unfortunately the unit needs to be replaced it's not a user fix. :(

So let's see how this goes when I get back to the UK tomorrow.

Theoretically it should have been possible to have Kemper send me a new one direct ,but they have said I have to contact the dealer to sort this out, which is going to be a PIA due to my time frame on tour.

Anyway thank you to those that were kind enough to offer constructive help on the matter.

I'll leave you with a little picture of some of my amps I'm going to profile.... eventually... :D

MC

• Sorry...but when he did not receive a automatically response...than its a user error and not Kemper support error.

Do you know what? It wasn't , there must have been some issue at Kemper end because I suddenly, about an hour ago, got 3 auto responses then help from all my emails . All my regular mail has been coming in as per normal so no problems my end.

Boy you're a tough crowd here.

Remember this is my first experience of the product and the forum.....

MC

• Perhaps, but it can be communicated in a kind and pleasant manner, and some were a bit harsh IMO.

You mean "kind and pleasant" like in the title of this thread? How many of the people having dealt with KPA support yet would agree it's dreadful?
    [Except maybe that one guy who was a professional successful musician complaining KPA hadn't replied to his inquiry for an endorsement.]

• You mean "kind and pleasant" like in the title of this thread? How many of the people having dealt with KPA support yet would agree it's dreadful?
    [Except maybe that one guy who was a professional successful musician complaining KPA hadn't replied to his inquiry for an endorsement.]

The OP sent 3 or 4 emails and didn't get a response. He was frustrated and some of that came out here. Big deal. But glad you are on it joesch - you would fit right at home on the fractal site!
    Edit: As an aside more to KPA in case they are not aware. I am not sure if the US distributor listed on the site (located in Evergreen Colorado) is part of the company or just a third party distributor but they are utterly unresponsive. I called them about 10 times and left several messages. Finally did get a KPA but their lack of support made me more cautious about the company at the time. They never responded. BTW, I am sure joesch it was my fault so you don't have to point it out to me.

Edited once, last by SwAn1 ().

• If you don't have anything constructive to say...

Oh well. That's my lot then. It was fun while it lasted, so thank you all very much for having me. :D

I've now had 3 replies all of a sudden form Kemper so that's good.

I'm a luddite when it comes to network-type stuff; my brain goes on strike at the mere mention of the word, but it looks to me like there was a blockage in the pipeline which suddenly burst and the messages spewed forth.

See? I have a wrench if anyone else is having email issues. :D

I'll leave you with a little picture of some of my amps I'm going to profile.... eventually... :D
    MC

Somebody get a working Kemper to this man pronto!

Left to right ;
    Dumble 50w ODS #102 with matching 2x12 G12-65 cab; clone of Robben Fords rig
    Trainwreck Rocket clone
    60's spec Marshall JTM45 with KT66's with 4x10 Celestin cab
    100w Dumble Bluesmaster , late 80's clone with HRM and custom wound transformers with matching Larry Carlton EVM-12 ported cab.

Admin ,please feel free to change the thread title to solved :D