Toaster Tips TV

• I'm probably posting something that a ton of people here already know, but I'm throwing it out there just in case there are other KPA newbs like myself who may find this helpful.

I've used the G-System for around 3 years now and while I was using it, I found a YouTube channel (G-System Video) run by Scott, in which he was constantly creating great videos and tutorials about the different things the unit could do, as well as presets for people to check out.

Well, through a random Kemper search on YouTube this afternoon, I accidentally stumbled upon his new Kemper channel and I'm so beyond psyched to know that he'll be running a channel similar to what he did with the G-System. For anyone who hasn't checked out his videos, I'd highly recommend them. I've posted the link to the first video in his Kemper series below. They can be EXTREMELY helpful (and funny), especially for newbs because he explains everything in a very basic manner. His very first video has already given me some helpful info on how I can better chase that Eddie Van Halen tone in the beginning of Poundcake where it sounds like there are two guitars; a clean and distorted one, playing the same part.

Scott, if you're reading this, I'm glad to have unknowingly followed you into the Kemper world!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah, he gave his Kemper back (it was only borrowed) when he realised he wouldn't be able to sell his "presets" without actually doing any profiling. I don't know his G-System stuff (I never had one), but from the reports, it might've turned into a useful resource. Unfortunately he never really got past the newbie stage.

• Have you checked the tutorial videos on the Kemper website? They deliver a lot of useful information in a very condensed format.

Yes. They are very good at explaining things in terms of "how to", but what I liked about Scott's videos was that he would show you practical examples of how to apply the tutorials, and show you how to achieve certain sounds. They're both a great help. I think Scott just used a different approach.

Would be awesome if someone else picked up where he left off.

• His videos were greatness. Wish he would consider starting it up again. I liked the fact he shared how he manipulated the sound and the exact settings. He lives in Texas; maybe I should try to find him and let him work on some of my presets.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• There are also official Kemper videos by Gundy Keller showing how to get certain sounds.

as for offering pro-level services of any kind, this can't be done for a long time and for free at the same time...

• So true, Gianfranco.

Some folks do it out of passion for a product, of course, something I'd hoped Scott would've been able to justify doing as well. Such a pity he wasn't able to continue.

Yes. They are very good at explaining things in terms of "how to", but what I liked about Scott's videos was that he would show you practical examples of how to apply the tutorials, and show you how to achieve certain sounds. They're both a great help. I think Scott just used a different approach.

Would be awesome if someone else picked up where he left off.

His videos were greatness. Wish he would consider starting it up again. I liked the fact he shared how he manipulated the sound and the exact settings. He lives in Texas; maybe I should try to find him and let him work on some of my presets.

I agree with both of you guys.

I absolutely loved the 23 episodes he managed to do, and, like you, was hoping to grow with my unit as he learned about "his". Still bitterly disappointed after all these months...