Strat style guitar

• considering buying a G&l legacy HB or HsH ..I would consider others though. My requirements: all my currently players are a trans blue, blueburst type of color. Quilted or flame preferred on top. maple neck preferred. Trem that's actually usable. Versatile tone. Don't care much about getting country type of quack sound needs to be able to rock and have some thick single coil sounds also. Like to be in budget of around $ 1000 us made. Looking for Any recommendations as far as where to buy, other guitar considerations, etc. oh yeah, don't like thick necks.. Think modern c fender or faster

• The Suhr Modern Pro fits all your requirements, including the fat single-coil sound (splittable HBs & awesome middle SC), neck materials and profile, "flame top" (Bengal Burst avail in many colours), versatility in tones and so on... except for the price.

The Modern Satin is much more woody-sounding and a grand cheaper (U$D), but the finish is plain mahogany or black I think. You'd love the neck 'though; slick as the proverbial. Same PUs and trem as the Modern Pro, but aimed more at the metal crowd.

I've grown sceptical about "cheap" guitars in my old age, so sorry if this is of no help to you, tntent!

• The Suhr Modern Pro fits all your requirements, including the fat single-coil sound (splittable HBs & awesome middle SC), neck materials and profile, "flame top" (Bengal Burst avail in many colours), versatility in tones and so on... except for the price.

The Modern Satin is much more woody-sounding and a grand cheaper (U$D), but the finish is plain mahogany or black I think. You'd love the neck 'though; slick as the proverbial. Same PUs and trem as the Modern Pro, but aimed more at the metal crowd.

I've grown sceptical about "cheap" guitars in my old age, so sorry if this is of no help to you, tntent!

Thanks for your thoughts.. Perhaps I need to up my price and budget. A good starting point though I think at least.. I don't think I should have to spend 4-5k to get anice player with good tone either.. Suhr does seem to get a lot of love.

• It's well-deserved, IMHO.

There's always Music Man, and if that's also too expensive then maybe something like a Charvel or whichever company Guthrie's endorsing now... I always get this company's name mixed up with another one that I can't remember right now. Whatever it's called, said company makes some surprisingly-good guitars these days and at a much better price I think.

The other forum members, especially those like SamBrox who're certified loonies when it comes to buying guitars, will have many more and probably better-suited suggestions, so let's see what they say...

• Suhr is great for ready-to-go-guitars.

If you want a complete custom job - spec'ing everything from the woods, to the paint, pickups, electronics etc. give Tommy at USA Custom Guitars a ring!!
    He'll do you a complete custom project for around $1000 - $1500 - depending on what you spec.
    You will have to get a local luthier to put it all together though!

• Suhr is great for ready-to-go-guitars.

If you want a complete custom job - spec'ing everything from the woods, to the paint, pickups, electronics etc. give Tommy at USA Custom Guitars a ring!!
    He'll do you a complete custom project for around $1000 - $1500 - depending on what you spec.
    You will have to get a local luthier to put it all together though!

That seems like a good option... :thumbup:

• For nearly 1000 bucks have a look on PRS SE strat style types. Cool sound and good quality for this price. They also have different colours and flamed tops and tremolosysrems for the price.
    Awesome looking gits for the price.

Cheers
    Frank

• tntent, i know this thread is old, but what did u get/decide on?
    IF needed, i have a few referrals for u as to where to buy and such

still have not bought yet, appreciate any input. I don't want to buy something that's not a "keeper" for me so I'm taking my time. Also, selling off some seldom used gear to help funds. Currently considering an actual stratocaster. Namely the new American elite series. Also a custom kiesel aka carvin and the usa custom mentioned.