Finally took the plunge and got a remote!

• Hey all!

While I've had my Kemper toaster since 2013, up to this point I've just been using it to record with. Blown away there, of course. Finally going to use it to go out and do some live action, so I ordered a Remote. Trying to decide if I can get by with the one Mission Engineering EP1-KP I have or if I need to add a second. Once I decide that, I want to get a hold of Brian at kentcustom.com to design a killer case to match the one I got from them for the toaster. Can't wait to get some time to dive into the Remote! I will be plugging the Kemper into a powered QSC K-12 + K-18 sub rig (belonging to someone else in the band), so I am very curious to see what the KPA will sound like thru this sort of setup...

Super-quick service at the online Kemper USA store. Had my remote within 3 days of placing the order.

Yea!

• First off, thanks everyone for the response and thanks for the compliment, Monkey_Man! Extremely appreciated!

Been working all week with no time to hook things up so I've been unable to find this out for myself yet. Is the assignment of the expression pedal's function global or can its function be assigned per performance slot? If the latter I would suppose I can simply use one of the five performance slots to assign the pedal as wah, another slot for pedal as volume, and another slot for pedal as morph, as needed. Do-able? If so one EP1 should do me.

Also, anyone out there ever used the Kemper with a QSC K-12 + K-18 sub rig? I will be going into this blind, without ever trying it out, so hope it works. I know the KPA sounds fabulous thru my PreSonus Sceptre 8s when recording, so I am hoping it's gonna be like that but on steroids.

Finally, dammit, isn't the Kemper the coolest thing ever!?!

• Global settings for my two expression pedals. One used for Volume which in heel position shows me the Tuner and 0 volume. The other designated as a Wah which of course only works if you have Wah engaged on your current rig. Works very well for me. No need to use up all the slots in your performance

• Just to clarify what I was implying. From the Reference Manual (pg. 55) everything you need to know about Expression Pedals and Switches.

The Volume Pedal is a dedicated volume separate from Rig volume, master volume, or any other output volume. All these volumes are working on top of each other. When you turn the volume all the way to zero with the Volume Pedal, the Tuner window will appear in the display. This means you can now tune your guitar on stage, without the need for a dedicated Tuner button or pedal! If you should accidentally unplug the pedal when volume is still at zero, the Tuner window provides a soft button to reset the volume to maximum.

• You can assign a pedal to Morph, then check the Morph to Wah option, and then check Wah to Pitch. This will mean that Rigs with morphed parameters will morph, but if there's no morph but a wah then it'll be a wah, then if there's no morph and no wah it'll function as a pitch/whammy pedal, if a suitable Stomp is assigned to that Rig. In my experience, there's no way to adequately control volume when set as a morph pedal, apart from controlling the Rig volume, which will also cut reverb and delay tails, so you'll maybe need an extra pedal for that function.

• Congrats man! just encase you did not know, if your screen ever goes DIM, there is a knob on the front panel to RE-adjust the contrast,
    Sorry if you knew, i just did not want you to feel like i did when i thought it was broken only after 3 days of use!!

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.