Practice Rig

• So what are you guys using if any as a home practice rig. My Kemper lives in a rack case and I sometimes don't set it up. I have a few heads in my basement studio but looking to get a simple practice rig that I can plug and play and keep in my bedroom or carry to my den or living room. What are you guys using and what do you recommend. Post pics if you feel like sharing.

Peace
    SLAY

• I exclusively use the Kemper nowadays. The remaining stuff of mine has turned into a 5,000 € doorstop ...
    :D

I've set all the cables I need in my home studio already connected to mains or to the monitors, and have a whole set of cables in the Profiler's bag. It only takes 30" to me to plug everything into the Profiler when I take it home. Then I switch it on so it's always ready ;)

• I exclusively use the Kemper nowadays. The remaining stuff of mine has turned into a 5,000 € doorstop ...
    :D

I've set all the cables I need in my home studio already connected to mains or to the monitors, and have a whole set of cables in the Profiler's bag. It only takes 30" to me to plug everything into the Profiler when I take it home. Then I switch it on so it's always ready ;)

Yep, I'm set up the same way. It's like a ritual. I come home from rehearsals, unpack my gear and let the Kemper sit on it's dedicated place in my home studio. I got a Behringer XR12, a interface (NI Komplete Audio 6) and some rather cheap Mackie monitors which are wall mounted above my desk. I also treated my room for better acoustics and it's really fun to sit there and practice and since it's all connected to the interface I can record ideas into my DAW (Studio One) as I go.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Perhaps a second KPA, for a practice rig, would be more useful to you than one of your conventional rigs :)

Or... the old Vox Tonelab or Tonelab SE were very good sounding modelers, and are very cheap on the used market.

I still have a Vox Tonelab LE, but it just sits around these days, as I use one KPA at home and another for travel ...

Edit: actually, if you're in the US I'll sell you the Tonelab at a good price ;)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Use my toaster. All necessary cables are bundled with a Flex Strip.
    They stay connected to the Monitor, PC, Audio Interface, Power plug and so on.
    I use other cables for rehearsal or Gig.

• I use a Zoom G1on for that. It fits inside my gigbag and has all I need for practising. Looper, Drummer and very usable FX. It is connected to the blackstar fly mini amp, which on its own is already a very good practise amp. Combined they make a very flexible, battery-powered (if needed) setup that does it all. Other than that, the Yamaha THR is a very good tool.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• It's all Kemper for me these days, for bass and guitar. I'm in the process of making a "Kemper Kombo" that will just need a power connection to be ready to go. The remote and all my straps, cables, tablet, etc will be stored in the cabinet. After a gig, I can wheel it into my living room and have it set up in less time than it takes to boot up. The whole rig should weigh less than a 2x12 when I'm done.

I'll start a thread about the combo when I'm a little further along.

[Blocked Image: http://s33.postimg.org/6qyf3utpr/Kemper_Kombo.jpg]

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• I duplicate my cabinet and floor board, one for rehearsal and one for home. Then all I need to do is plug in my Kemper. I will probably pick up another Kemper to leave at rehearsal and also serve as a backup unit.

• Funny how many people recommend the KPA as a substitute for the KPA ^^ .
    Not quite sure if this is what the OT wanted to hear though... but it's a proof for real devotion for sure :thumbup:

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Guys thanks for the input. But I guess i should have made it more clear. I sometimes I don't want to be in my studio practicing I want hang in my man cave or family room or living room. Was looking for something that I can leave around the house and take to a different room to use for noodling around before running to my studio with an Idea. Was looking at the BlackStar IDCore series as something to do this with.

Peace
    SLAY