New User & New Kemper. No Speaker Output Volume! Defective Kemper?

• Hey guys,

New Kemper User. I just purchased two Power Rack's less two weeks ago.

Everything's been working fine setting up profiles through my studio monitors back home.

However, when I plugged into the Speaker Output into my live cab I stopped getting any sound. I've tried updating the software, switching between profiles, adjusting volumes, the output menu, turning the power amp on, switching cables, switching between cabinets, and I'm still not getting any sound. The only time I hear any noise is when I plug the cabinet into the main output *It's quiet and I can't boost the signal enough for a live setting*.

Main Output: Master Stereo
    Monitor Output: Master Mono
    Direct Output: Git+Processing
    SPDIF: Master Stereo

Monitor Cab's been used on and off
    Power Amp is selected on with a 6.0db boost.

The only reason I'm leaning towards a factory defect with the unit is because I eventually plugged our other guitarist's power rack side by side with mine, and his seems to work fine through the same setup. I don't want to have to go buy an additional power amp since we spent the extra for the 600w unit. We're leaving for an overseas tour in less than a week and I'm desperate to identify some sort of user error rather than a defective Kemper.

Thanks!!

• Not sure if your "Monitor Output" setting should be different, Elliot. Only wondering 'cause your cab will be your monitor. I'm not up with this stuff as I don't use the KPA live.

Failing this check / tweak and any others you might still try, how about this for an idea:
    Back up your friend's KPA to a USB stick using the Backup / Restore function, pop the flash drive into your machine and restore his entire set of settings.

If there's a hardware problem, your setup won't work. If it's a setting somewhere that's the issue, you'll know when you hear sound.

Also, have you tried plugging both of your units into the cab?

Welcome mate, and good luck with this and the tour!

• Make full backup of his KPA and restore on yours (but must be same fw through), so that way you will know if it's Hardware related or not.

• Sometimes (because of unlinking and re-linking main/monitor volumes) you have to raise the monitor volume quite hight to get any signal.

Definitely check this because if set wrong you'll get no sound for quite a way up the volume travel ( as I found out).

Hope its something simple...