kemper input...doesn't work

• hi..
    my kemper input...doens't work
    no sound..and tuner ...not work
    i try reboot, anymore..
    help..me...

• welcome to the forums @WhyD
    sorry for stupid question, but is the guitar plugged into the INPUT (the one on the right)? it isn't uncommon to plug guitar into the HEADPHONE, even for pros
    isn't the volume of guitar turned down all the way?

• @skoczy
    It correctly connected to the input terminal
    guitar volume is also not zero
    Even if the volume of the pedal to zero should the tuner is activated.

• @skoczy
    It correctly connected to the input terminal
    guitar volume is also not zero
    Even if the volume of the pedal to zero should the tuner is activated.

Can you try another guitar cable?
    What do you mean by "Even if the volume of the pedal to zero should the tuner is activated". Tuner is activated by switching the ckichen knob to relevant position. Do you mean that while switching to tuner, you don't see the tuner's bubble?
    If you're using volume pedal, please remove it from the signal chain and check again.

• Checking the correct input was a sensible suggestion...been there.....

Suggest you unplug everything such a volume pedal.

Are you getting input either on the tuner or input level ?

• @skoczy

Not if you turn off the volume pedal connected to the tuner operation.
    The volume of the other 10. Cable is also normal operation.
    Not even after connecting to the input signal is input.
    Even if it is not everything ...
    I am a Korean. Please take care of interpretation.

• I am now experiencing this same thing: no input or INPUT LED activity.

I lost INPUT LED activity after changing CLEAN SENS on several rigs, re-booted system and INPUT LED activity returned, however, no strobe tuner. Bubble tuner will show, however, no input = no tuner activity.

EDIT -
    Redownloaded the 4.0.4 and attempted to boot from USB (holding both PAGE buttons at chicken-head knob switch on) and received error message:
    "booting & burning from USB device
    ERROR: unable to locate firmware file on USB"

Turned system off (took a few seconds before it actually shut off) and tried same process again to same message. Instead of turning off, I turned to browser mode and got nothing, turned system off, turned back on and now it's working, including strobe tuner, as normal. ?!?

• What do you mean by "Even if the volume of the pedal to zero should the tuner is activated"

In Vers 4.x the strobo type tuner don't show anything if there is no input signal.
    Otherwise you would have a very nervous screen like with the bubble type.

Generally is to say that the issue is a case for support.
    No remote diagnosis seems to be possible.

• I am now experiencing this same thing: no input or INPUT LED activity.

I lost INPUT LED activity after changing CLEAN SENS on several rigs, re-booted system and INPUT LED activity returned, however, no strobe tuner. Bubble tuner will show, however, no input = no tuner activity.

A lot of misconception here.
    You need to select the strobe tuner from the tuner menu. Also the automatic tuner is only available if a connected volume pedal is set to -5 in the pedal range menu.

Redownloaded the 4.0.4 and attempted to boot from USB (holding both PAGE buttons at chicken-head knob switch on) and received error message:
    "booting & burning from USB device
    ERROR: unable to locate firmware file on USB"

Turned system off (took a few seconds before it actually shut off) and tried same process again to same message. Instead of turning off, I turned to browser mode and got nothing, turned system off, turned back on and now it's working, including strobe tuner, as normal. ?!?

Dude, you are confusing everything here.
    When you want to boot from USB you need to put the kaos file in the root directory of the USB.
    But why would you want to do this in your case3 here is beyond me.

• Ingolf…thanks for your response.

I do have a Boss FV-500H connected to Remote's 5 (and one to 6), cables are properly connected and good, with strobe selected. There simply was no input, therefore, it registered nothing and was a block in the displays. Very much as Sharry alludes to above. Typical function is I move volume pedal to zero and tuner displays (KPA and Remote), which was not happening, along with the fact that I was not getting any input signal - sound or LED.

The confusion here is likely a result of me jumping across a couple threads in trying to figure this out. I did have an error message after v4.0.4 install – which I initiated in an effort to resolve this input issue; therefore, was hopeful a complete re-install of v4.0.4 could be the solution. On a side note; I was not aware the OS needed to be on the ROOT, as opposed to OS UPDATE directory, which likely attributed to the error message.

Somehow I did resolve my issue and my KPA/Remote seem to be back in working order or I definitely would’ve pursued the above suggested support ticket route. Fact remains that (with v4.0.3) while playing and switching between rigs, changing settings and all the usual Kemper affair, I lost INPUT LED signal and pedal 5 no longer activated the strobe tuner when at zero. Only difference between OP and my experience is that I did have sound...until I attempted v4.0.4 update.