Cab simulation ON with real cabintet sounding OK???

• Ey! wait! What is this?
    I'm using a 1960 cab through the monitor output and this sound awesome with "cab sim" ON!
    O_O
    I think this was a sin but NO! this sound really good.

• Well, you'll get more cream and less fizz, in theory, but for many Rigs such as those that're already mellow in the top end (warm, etc.), there'll be too much high-end roll off, for example.

I think it's a good thing you were open to trying it. For some Rigs at least, it could prove to be just the ticket. If only you could then Profile that...

• Ey! wait! What is this?
    I'm using a 1960 cab through the monitor output and this sound awesome with "cab sim" ON!
    O_O
    I think this was a sin but NO! this sound really good.

Yep. At the end of the day, if it sounds good to you, it is good.

However, your description is a bit confusing / vague.

I am not sure which of the following you mean:

a) Are you saying that you have your KPA connected to an actual (physical) Marshall model 1960 Cabinet, and have the KPA's Cabinet module active (on). In which case, what cabinet profile is loaded on the KPA? I presume you must have some external power amp, if you are using your KPA's monitor output jack.

-or-

b) Are you saying you that you are using your KPA's cab module (which you have active), and that particular cabinet profile is a Marshall model 1960...which you are then connecting to a physical guitar cabinet. If that is what you mean, what is the make/model of your physical guitar cabinet?

I am only asking because I am interested in what your particular mix/match is in your scenario...i.e., what is the KPA Cabinet Profile, and what is the actual physical guitar cabinet. Again, I can't quite tell from your original post. It could be read in either way.

In any event, I have had a similar experience. Normally, I connect my KPA PowerRack to a passive XiTone 1x12 FRFR wedge. However, every now and then, when I am away from my place, I sometimes have to connect to a traditional guitar cabinet. Recently, I was over a friend's, and I used his Tech 21 PE60, which is a powered guitar cabinet that employs a Celestion Seventy/80 speaker. In this case, I just turn off my KPA's power amp, and connect to the PE60 via the Monitor Out. Now, normally in this scenario, I would be playing with the Cab module deactivated. However, for kicks and giggles, I decided to experiment with activating the KPA's Cab module, and auditioning some different cabinets that I have stored as presets. Most of the time, the results were pretty awful...actually, unusable. However, every once in awhile I stumbled upon a virtual Cabinet that actually sounded really quite good, when played through the Tech 21 PE60. If memory serves, it happened to be an Ampeg SVT cab profile (which is a 15" bass guitar cabinet). Weird.

Cheers,
    John

• Well, case "a".
    I have a Kemper profiler with an "Camplifier" installed. I run my kemper powered by camplifier with my cabinet Marshall 1960A (real) and turn off the cab emulation.

Sorry for my english...

I use a Mesa Rectifier 2x12 by Sinmix in the CAB section.

And, with this configuration, it sounds very very good.