Kemper vs. Real Amp Test - Cameron CCV

• No one is ever going to hear those differences in a mix.. JMHO...

Not entirely true. There are those with ears tuned enough to spot it, and some things stick out like a sore thumb. I'll agree that most people won't pick it out or care, but that's not entirely the point either.

• What's not being taken into account is that the original amp and profile aren't level matched. After level matching, the differences become somewhat negligible. I still hear the compression issue, but the bulk of the differences are fairly minor, in my opinion:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Differences are minor? Are they really minor and not worth obsessing over by spending hours and weeks halting the show of all creative musical endeavors until said minor differences are fixed? :evil: Depending on who you ask!

Holy crap , I thought I was the only one with OCD and that Kemper was my cure :D . Unfortunately some OCD is incurable even with real amps.

• Differences are minor? Are they really minor and not worth obsessing over by spending hours and weeks halting the show of all creative musical endeavors until said minor differences are fixed? :evil: Depending on who you ask!

Right, and you're really asking the wrong person.

• This latest video is just a typical fast-riffing, high gain, drop tuned, scooped example. And while still showing differences, the video more reinforces that, for some specific scenarios, the KPA can get quite close. That's never been the concern however, and has nothing to do with the congestion and rasp, thinner solo notes, etc that is present in varying degrees in many other scenarios and tone-styles. Which has been demonstrated over, and over, and over again in this and other threads.

Sonic

• This latest video is just a typical fast-riffing, high gain, drop tuned, scooped example. And while still showing differences, the video more reinforces that, for some specific scenarios, the KPA can get quite close. That's never been the concern however, and has nothing to do with the congestion and rasp, thinner solo notes, etc that is present in varying degrees in many other scenarios and tone-styles. Which has been demonstrated over, and over, and over again in this and other threads.

What's also been demonstrated is that, in many cases, EQ and level matching can alleviate many of the more notable differences. I've shown that in numerous A/B demos. Obviously there are specific instances where there's more going on, but most of the time it's down to EQ and level matching.

• I'm unaware of anybody making an argument that EQ matching cannot improve things in some instances. But people shouldn't have to EQ match just to get a profile sounding more close to the source, nor to sound more realistic. And when it comes to the main issues of congestion and rasp, no amount of EQ matching or level matching is going to resolve those. It is something that requires assistance from Kemper, either corrected inside the KPA or provide some kind of explanation as to how to alleviate these specific issues during profiling.

Sonic

• people shouldn't have to EQ match just to get a profile sounding more close to the source, nor to sound more realistic.

Whether they should or shouldn't is another issue, but in terms of resolutions, those are on the table.

when it comes to the main issues of congestion and rasp, no amount of EQ matching or level matching is going to resolve those.

Actually, Dimi posted a demo early on in this thread whereby EQ and level matching did, in fact, alleviate some of the congestion(link). The shrillness is another issue, and while it may not be completely resolved with EQ, I'm not convinced it can't help to some extent.

• OK trying to find out how to unsubscribe from this thread. Again. Too much time wasted, and not because of "ocd". I'll deal with kemper directly.

Cheers

• No more testing for me. After 5 years and half, I'm selling it and going back to my three amps. It came back from Germany yesterday. Leds fixed.

Maybe I'll come back in the future.

Good luck!

Too bad, brother.

Your Profile-sharing has been appreciated, mate. I can only hope that we'll see you again here some time, and that for now at least, your real amps treat you well!

Thank you again for all your efforts, Paco!

• ..., the video more reinforces that, for some specific scenarios, the KPA can get quite close. That's never been the concern however, and has nothing to do with the congestion and rasp, thinner solo notes, etc...

Sonic

This post as many of your posts reinforces that Albert Einstein was a genius when he defined

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

If the Kemper sounds so bad to you, trying it again and again, you will still get the same non satisfying result.

It's time you go back to using your old POD Bean as you indicated in one of your posts that you like it more than the Kemper. :wacko: LOL

• Yes, I have ocd, Sonic is insane, we crazy, that's it. Nailed it.

Bye lel

• Right, and @pacocito , and @sinmix and all the others are crazy as well. :rolleyes:

@pacocito , please fill out a Support Ticket and let Kemper know your concerns with the tone and that contributed to you deciding to sell your device. Until they start hearing from customers they aren't going to know and/or care about the tone issues or potentially fix them.

Sonic

• Right, and @pacocito , and @sinmix and all the others are crazy as well. :rolleyes:

@pacocito , please fill out a Support Ticket and let Kemper know your concerns with the tone and that contributed to you deciding to sell your device. Until they start hearing from customers they aren't going to know and/or care about the tone issues or potentially fix them.

Sonic

As i already answered you in the ticket that you raised this morning we are already in contact with Dimitri. His audio examples have been forwarded to our developers. Asking other users to report the same issue in the ticket system is only creating extra work for the support team and does not help in any way.

• As i already answered you in the ticket that you raised this morning we are already in contact with Dimitri. His audio examples have been forwarded to our developers. Asking other users to report the same issue in the ticket system is only creating extra work for the support team and does not help in any way.

I didn't check email yet, will do so now...

Most of the legacy guys on the forum are constantly advising that people need to fill out tickets to let the company know of any legitimate problems/concerns. So I was just following their lead. Sorry if it inconvenienced the team.

So it seems reasonable to now assume if the tone issues are deemed feasibly fixable, and the company cares to fix things, then it will eventually be addressed. So users don't need to keep doing tests & experiments. And we don't need to have this discussion any longer.

Sonic