5.2.0.12879 issues - darn it!

• Had an issue with no output after booting my Kemper. Shut off and restarted and all is back to normal. First time this has happened in two years. Something with the new OS? Or just a weird one time thing?
    Will keep an eye on this...

• Had an issue with no output after booting my Kemper. Shut off and restarted and all is back to normal. First time this has happened in two years. Something with the new OS? Or just a weird one time thing?
    Will keep an eye on this...

I'm sorry you are having issues, but I can't help but be relieved knowing i'm not the only one. It's a bit scary when you have only had the profiler for a month ?(

• I played live last night with this beta, my "presets" on the 1 st bank lost the remote assignments for the effects, I kept redoing and saving and they would disappear. Lost volume once totally and had to go out of that preset into another and back to get sound

Also had a volume drop and warble like tremolo sound for a while. Going master mono into 2 channels of the board. Going back to the latest approved software tonight

Is it possible that while you were configuring your Remote Effect Button assignments you switched Slots via Remote? As soon as you switch Slots via Remote all former edits get withdrawn.

Item two sounds like the situation Timo had described above: If you connect an open TRS cable (cable plugged into Profiler but no pedal attached or cable broken) to a socket configured as Volume Pedal the constant auto calibration of the Profiler will lead to a loss of volume and tremolo effect. That's normal. You can easily simulate that situation and observe what happens in the System Settings. So avoid open cables.

• I have practice tonight. I have removed the volume pedal functionality from all rigs that (do not) have a wah present. I will update on the volume loss issue tomorrow if the problem shows up again.

I used the Kemper for hours yesterday while recording with 0 issues. the pedal wasn't attached.

Did you set Volume Pedal Location to "off" in all Rigs without a Wah effect? Did you try to simply deactivate "WahPedal to Volume" instead, so globally unlinking the Volume Pedal controller from your Wah Pedal? It's just one global option and normally has the same effect.

• Is it possible that while you were configuring your Remote Effect Button assignments you switched Slots via Remote? As soon as you switch Slots via Remote all former edits get withdrawn.
    Item two sounds like the situation Timo had described above: If you connect an open TRS cable (cable plugged into Profiler but no pedal attached or cable broken) to a socket configured as Volume Pedal the constant auto calibration of the Profiler will lead to a loss of volume and tremolo effect. That's normal. You can easily simulate that situation and observe what happens in the System Settings. So avoid open cables.

burkhard,
    no i did not switch slots on the remote. I also "redid" the assigments about 4 times and each time after i switched a preset the assignment was lost. on sat night i went back to 5.1.1 and had no issues all night. the volume drop was a complete loss of sound for over a minute. I changed presets and the sound came back. the second loss was shorter but i had to change the preset. i ran 3.5 hours on sat night and didnt have this happen one. i do have the volume pedal and the wah linked, as i did before the beta.

• I'm having the same lack of sound issue. On a power rack running 5.2 Beta. Only happens for me when I'm plugged into a cab, no sound out of the cab and turning up the Master Volume doesn't do anything (display just keeps showing 0.0). A reboot normally brings it back but not reliably so. Downgrading now to hopefully fix it before tonight's gig.

• I'm curious to find out whether this is a Remote problem, or on the Kemper end of things. I haven't experienced this volume drop, so I'm wondering what's causing it.

Same here. Didn't have time to do further investigation today due to the gig and work but I do also use a remote with an expression pedal set up as a volume pedal.

• As far as I'm aware this issue has only been reported by users, who have activated the pedal link "WahPedal to Volume". People with dedicated volume pedals might be completely safe.

• I'm having the same lack of sound issue. On a power rack running 5.2 Beta. Only happens for me when I'm plugged into a cab, no sound out of the cab and turning up the Master Volume doesn't do anything (display just keeps showing 0.0). A reboot normally brings it back but not reliably so. Downgrading now to hopefully fix it before tonight's gig.

I think, this is another situation. If Master Volume rests at 0.0 there should be no sound. Nobody else has reported Master Volume at 0.0 in context of the "lack of sound issue". What happens if you crank up Master Volume? If nothing happens at the beginning crank up more.

How is your cabinet connected? If connected to internal power amp, check the level of Monitor Output Volume in the Output Section. If your cabinet is fed by another output, check the output volume of that output.

• As far as I'm aware this issue has only been reported by users, who have activated the pedal link "WahPedal to Volume".

That is curious, as I've used this feature since day one, 4 years ago. Why should that just begin happening to me and others I wonder?

Gary ô¿ô

Edited once, last by prsgary ().

• I think, this is another situation. If Master Volume rests at 0.0 there should be no sound. Nobody else has reported Master Volume at 0.0 in context of the "lack of sound issue". What happens if you crank up Master Volume? If nothing happens at the beginning crank up more.
    How is your cabinet connected? If connected to internal power amp, check the level of Monitor Output Volume in the Output Section. If your cabinet is fed by another output, check the output volume of that output.

if I cranked the master volume nothing happened. The display stays at 0 and no sound comes out. On two occasions a reboot with no other changes resolved the issue. I rolled back the firmware and had no issues for the rest of today and including at the gig thankfully. The beta had been stable for me up til then but I'd only been recording via spdif and not using a cab. The other thing I'd noticed was the master volume knob when the power amp was engaged was not very responsive. A noticeable latency when turning and the display updating. Not having this issue after a rollback. Will see if I have some down time to update again and run further tests.