Axe FX II XL+ Bogner Profile

• I finally got my feet wet profiling my Axe FX II XL+. Here's a profile of the Bogner Ecstasy, 20th anniversary model. It's a high gain offering that goes to eleven.

Download Profile

Audio Sample:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just downloaded and tried it (excited to from your sample on the last thread). Sounds much different for me than on your sample. Actually sounds better to me when I take off the unnecessary distortion stomp which just makes it sound like a fizzy mess. I think I like it even more without the 4 EQ's but they aren't bad. Thanks man!

• Just downloaded and tried it (excited to from your sample on the last thread). Sounds much different for me than on your sample. Actually sounds better to me when I take off the unnecessary distortion stomp which just makes it sound like a fizzy mess. I think I like it even more without the 4 EQ's but they aren't bad. Thanks man!

In my effort to match the Axe preset, I added all that stuff. Glad to hear you like it better plain!

• In general I don't know if my output settings are weird to be honest. I haven't changed them at any point but I notice with so many high gain profiles they come out like a static-y mess. It's even on ones where I've heard a sample of the person recording direct and mine sounds nothing like it. Difficult to say.

• In general I don't know if my output settings are weird to be honest. I haven't changed them at any point but I notice with so many high gain profiles they come out like a static-y mess. It's even on ones where I've heard a sample of the person recording direct and mine sounds nothing like it. Difficult to say.

Weird. There's definitely something going on there.

• You're far-too kind, '80s Bro'. I haven't even provided any!

No audio or even DAW installed - transitioning to Sierra. No friggin' strings either so even headphones are out.

What I can say is that the tone in the clip sounds pretty-damned awesome. I'd have liked to have heard that final chord ring out completely... forever! LOL Well done, man.

• You're far-too kind, '80s Bro'. I haven't even provided any!

No audio or even DAW installed - transitioning to Sierra. No friggin' strings either so even headphones are out.

What I can say is that the tone in the clip sounds pretty-damned awesome. I'd have liked to have heard that final chord ring out completely... forever! LOL Well done, man.

I just meant the fact you chimed in on the thread to say thank you. It may not be instructive but it's encouraging, which is always helpful.

I'm curious as to what your output settings are and what you're running them out of

• Output is factory, running out of the left main out mono using an instrument cable.

• Tried your profile, me like it, but as @MementoMori said, without any distortion pedal it sounds crisp and tight, thanks a lot man 8o

1987 Gibson LP Custom
    2015 Gibson LP Traditional
    2016 Fender US Std Strat
    -----------------------------------------------
    Kemper Profiler
    Boss GT-100
    Boss GT-001
    VOX Mini5 Green

• I agree with previous comments about the added EQ's and Drive effect. I disabled the two of the EQ's as well as the drive, and cut the low-mids (720Hz) by 2.5dB. Sounds a lot better to my ears. Thanks for the suggestions. I updated the download link with this version.