TMS Profiles

• @MementoMori dood you went from clean to mid gain to some metal and djent , perfect !! Brings out the range sounds great man (sorry it does)
    Shows the capacity and dynamics, what more can we ask for? if thats bad playing you need to apologies for then dood i better not upload any thing lol
    Normally i would rate it based on 6 beers out of 6 beers, but since i am not mentioning beer any more :D you have to trust me :rolleyes:8o

Loved that clean stuff man.
    These packs are going to be some thing special no doubt

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Normally i would rate it based on 6 beers out of 6 beers, but since i am not mentioning beer any more you have to trust me

If you're no longer talking about beer I'm pretty sure you have to change your forum account because the Ash we all know and love will be gone. ;(

• man you guys are great, i would not own a kemper if not for this community, really happy to see Mick and you guys create perfection
    I feel privileged to be here and witness you guys collective efforts and TALENT.
    If I had of known YOU guys where here i would of bought a god dam kemper earlier
    Kudos to Mick and all

Sincerely
    Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hi Mick, I gave a try to the crunchtastic, it's good but a lil' more boxy than my favorite : Marsh SL5 Slash Greenbacks

crunchtastic doesn't clean up as well as I would expect with guit vol pot, it loose a lot of punch & clarity.

going to try the other ones you did provide

Anyway thx for all these efforts man , it's highly interesting and I will read your great PDF with lots of interest.

• Had a busy few days in the studio, sorry for not replying to everyone sooner.
    We used my 6SOS profile for guide guitars and the guitarist in the band I was recording loved it and wanted to use it for the keeper tracks too.
    The band are playing the Download festival in June and the guitarist is going to get a Kemper and use 6SOS for the gig \m/

@schreckmusic
    (I hope this tags properly. Not sure if I'm doing this right)
    Great demo. Sounds really full. I checked out your Soundcloud page and listened to an earlier version of this riff and it sounds very thin and fizzy so if I helped you get to where it sounds now, I'm absolutely delighted I could help =]

@MementoMori
    Great demo. Shows how all the different gains work. Awesome playing too.
    Thanks a million for taking the time to do it.
    I am going to redo the EVH profiles once more tomorrow.
    They are very close to where I want them to be but I think the presence was a little bit high on the amp.
    Down 2 notches should be perfect. I will post a drive 2TS update when it's done (probably tomorrow)

@Satch4u3
    Thanks. With a user name like that, you will love my 6100 profiles when they are done. Satriani used one for a long time with clean channel and Boss DS1. I might do that exact rig tomorrow and link it if I have time =]

@waraba
    I think I used a little bit too much gain on the new SL5 Crunchtastic so it doesn't clean up as well as the previous one.
    I will be doing the full SL5 pack soon.

• @schreckmusic

(I hope this tags properly. Not sure if I'm doing this right)
    Great demo. Sounds really full. I checked out your Soundcloud page and listened to an earlier version of this riff and it sounds very thin and fizzy so if I helped you get to where it sounds now, I'm absolutely delighted I could help =]

I definitely think your profiles and suggestions are helping me get in the right direction!

This was the original clip of that same riff I did about a month ago that sounds absolutely horrible

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Compared the the most recent one that I posted above, but I will post it here again so its easy to compare. Huge improvement but overall the mix sounds dull to me. Maybe its my hearing that sucks?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is my reference mix and tone that sounds perfect to me.

*Edit my guitar tone has a lot more mids compared to the Carcass song. Maybe I should EQ some mids out?

New snippet - EQ based off of @mickrich mixing tips. I do not want to be a "ROOKIE" so I took off the L1 on my guitars as per @DonPetersen :D

• just to clarify: the tool is not the issue - how it is used is. ;)

I understand completely. Your comment about the L1 inspired me to test the guitars with and without the L1. Ultimately the guitars sounded way more organic without the L1.

IMHO one of the Kempers strongest points is the dynamics. The L1 when pushed, suffocated them. I am 100% happy with the progress I am making. All thanks to the people of this forum.

• A bit of a crazy thing, Anthony, possibly cause my hearing is damaged like yours. I actually like the way the guitars in the first clip seem to "breathe", whereas the other ones seem to be a bit muted or buried, imho.

Kind of funny, but you know how one man's tone is another man's buzzy mess.

For this reason, I am thinking about labelling all my music "black metal" for fear that people will be looking for tightly produced work instead of a buzzy mess. :D

• My first mix is so bright it makes the other clips sound dull.

If you A B the Carcass song to my last clip it's not dull. With that being said, yeah the Carcass album is a bit dark compared to modern mixes.

• My first mix is so bright it makes the other clips sound dull.

If you A B the Carcass song to my last clip it's not dull. With that being said, yeah the Carcass album is a bit dark compared to modern mixes.

That may be it. I listened to all four of the clips on my computer speakers, so perhaps it wasn't an ideal setting.

• I understand completely. Your comment about the L1 inspired me to test the guitars with and without the L1. Ultimately the guitars sounded way more organic without the L1.
    IMHO one of the Kempers strongest points is the dynamics. The L1 when pushed, suffocated them. I am 100% happy with the progress I am making. All thanks to the people of this forum.

BTW, what is "L1"? A compressor? Sorry, couldn't figure it out.

• I have limited time in the studio today so want to get the EVH finished for good.
    I have nailed the sound I want now so have scrapped all the previous EVH profiles.
    Please check this if you have time.
    I have put "mix ready" EQ on the "X" button so turn on or off as you wish.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/75y3…5-01%2012-44-38.kipr?dl=0

Awesome thank you! I'll try it out when I'm back home in another 9 hours. Haha

What changes did you make?