how often do you shut your kemper off

• Hi guys , just wondering at home when you turn your kemper on , do you leave it on for hours or even over night ? or do you turn it on for a few hours and shut it off, just wondering if it's good for it to turn it on and off for a couple of hours or so at a time ? thanks so much . cheers. Ed

• Hi guys , just wondering at home when you turn your kemper on , do you leave it on for hours or even over night ? or do you turn it on for a few hours and shut it off, just wondering if it's good for it to turn it on and off for a couple of hours or so at a time ? thanks so much . cheers. Ed

I switch my Profiler on and off several times nearly every workday. The current machine is in use at least 4 years, I think. Just turn it off when you don't need it.

• Yeah, very weird people leave it on. Personally it's on when I use it, off when I don't. I mean why would you leave any modern electrical item on when it's not in use? Do you leave your TV on when you go to work ?

• I've often thought the same thing. Mine gets left on quite often and not this is an excuse but... I don't get a chance to play for long periods, sometimes as little as 5 minutes at a time with the goal of getting through 10% of my setlist every night (memory does not serve me as well as it use to :( ) which brings me to the basement on several occasions through out the night, maybe once, maybe 5 times. Rather than turning it on and off I leave it on not knowing when the last time will be. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and remember... Oh Crap!

Now in theory this shouldn't be a problem, but having been an audio technician many decades ago I remember all the rings that developed around the solder connections of the thru hole components that get warm, regulators, resistors rectifiers, flybacks (no need to worry here). Hopefully things are better now with surface mount technology, temperature control, nitrogen reflow...

So there's a lengthy 'why I leave it on' and 'why I shouldn't' :/

• It is better to switch the Profiler off before switching the power strip off.
    In this case, the outputs voltage is safely driven to a safe level to prevent loud pops.