• There's another thread going discussing pickups, profiles, and the Scorpions - great to hear the Scorpions getting some love around here. One of my all-time favorite bands, so I thought I would chime in over here. I just finished tracking the guitars, bass, drums on this one recently. All guitars are stock pickups, with the exception of the strat which I dropped the Seymour Duncan Yngwie Malmsteen ready to go pickup/pickguard/the works gizmo in. Used the V (had to, it's the Scorpions) and the PRS on the dirty rhythms, the Strat and Tele on the cleans, the Schecter with the Sustainiac on the held note fills, and the PRS on the intro/outro and main solo. Will do a proper fade when I wrap the tune up completely. I had a blast doing this one. Recorded it for a band demo tape when I was 15. Nice to redo it properly some 35 years later. The technology has come a loooong way! Wish all this stuff was around when I was a teenager...

Now I am just looking for someone to sing it! Thanks for listening!

Scorpions "No One Like You" cover

• Thanks, Nicky! I always appreciate you taking the time to give things a spin! New method of doing drums starting with this one. Should be able to construct all sorts of tunes from scratch now, instead of just playing guitars and/or bass to some backing stuff. Now I just need to find some killer singers interested in doing some recording over the net! Anyone?

• Thanks, Sonic! 4 tracks of heavy rhythm. 2 each of the PRS and the Gibson V. If I recall I think I used a Reampzone Marshall with the V, and a Reampzone Bogner with the PRS. 4 tracks also of the clean guitars. 2 with the Strat, 2 with the Tele. I would have to look to see what profile I used there. I usually just have my Rig Manager open when I record and just start auditioning rigs until I get to one that works for my ears. That's why I can never remember exactly what I used. I started exporting them and keeping the profiles in my work folder, as such. I'm not on my recording computer right now, so I can't check...Not much post going on outside of maybe a little extra delay grease, and some EQing on the entire mix. I usually don't feel I need to do much after layering a few Kemper tracks using some of all the amazing profiles available.

• Sonic had asked about the profiles info so...

These were the profiles I used, as named in Rig Manager:

Rhythm - Reampzone
    RZ_Marshall2555_S29
    RZ_Alchemist_S18

Clean - Guido's
    GB Sol Hot 50 Clean

Lead - Choptones
    CHP - Bogner Alchem 2

Bass - Michael Wagener
    MW-SHAW BASS PRE

• Nicely done. I was fortunate enough to grow up with a mom who blasted the Scorpions while cleaning the house complete with air guitar solos on the broom lol. They were one of my biggest influences in picking up electric guitar. Nice choices tonally, and of course its impossible to go wrong with a Gibson V!

• Thanks Chris sounds really tight and spot on man! , you just made me realize how amazing the gear is that we are all using, in the real world to re create that sound live or at home, you would need

A Marshall head
    + Alchemist head
    + Soldano head
    And a bass head and to carry all that on tour.

Great playing man thank you for posting all the presets too :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Thank you, Ash!

Yup, damn straight amazing. Still freaks me out every time I record something that I can get that kind of quality result, in my house, at a volume that's not gonna make my ears ring, direct without running a single mic, from any device.

All this in one toaster - time to rock!

• Just FYI: A really fun concert to watch is the US Festival from early 80's that had the Scorps. There were lots of great bands at that gig I was lucky enough to see real-time. I think that concert is actually on Roku, as well as YouTube. Halen, Scorps, Crue, Priest, QRiot, lots of bands were there. And an incredible showing by Triumph, just amazing how talented those 3 guys were, back when bands still had actual musicians with raw talent. LoL

• Thanks Sonic/Nicky, there are a few individual clips on youtube i could find , great gig!

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.