Why kemper doesnt make and sell powered and none powered speaker cabinet

• I totally agree ... if there would be a official kemper cab maybe with trimable tweeter because some would like the fullrange version and some more like a normal guitar cab ... i would buy it ... and the trimable tweeter thing is very common in highend bass cabs ad would make so much much sense... and maybe, like i always say a coaxial speaker design ...

i'd buy it

• Because the Mission Stereo Gemini 2 cab is already the best :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• how loud it is went playing with a live band (meaning the loud drummer)?
    at what volume level do you put your Gemini 2 when playing with band?
    still enough head room?
    Still keep the Kemper superb clean effect when playing md or low gain and clean sound profile?
    what about heavy hi-gain tone? do you feel it like a real tube amp and cab?
    not flat like a PA loudspeaker when turn up the volume, right?

I am joggling between Gemini 2 or Blueamp (want to be in stereo)

• Hi Michael
    Yes to all!

There was a thread a while ago about how loud, it's very loud and because it's a stereo frfr it captures the feel of the new delays and pitch delays really well

High gain no problem I used a 9 string and black outs. Not flat at all , it's a loud and huge sound

I run 2 of them

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Yep one mission cab is loud enough and makes the drummer not so loud, the 2 i run is just insane.

You can hear me because i love you Texas guys :D ..Hey i may play metal but i know Texas country and Texas blues baby...
    Here is my Left handed Dobbro slide and yeah its loud too :P^^

How does this Resonate?
    .[Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qz7rlendou33wwo/IMG_0508.JPG?dl=1]

[Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/amd622cik3qw985/IMG_0507.JPG?dl=1]

The psychedelic rock movement of the 1960s and 1970s has deep roots in Texas!!!
    8o

Ash

• I believe that the Michael Britt Xitone lets you kill the tweeter. Im still trying to decide between it, one of the Matrix ones with low volume settings, or a Yamaha DXR10. Wish I could try them all out before buying, though.

• I wonder if there's an actual FRFR solution that is typically recommended by Kemper themselves for the profiler.

You mean WWCU? (What Would Christoph Use?)

Or more to the point, what DOES he use! Plus, can we borrow his ears? Or just an EQ filter to approximate his audiogram!

• I agree making a speaker cabinet to satisfy all would be a difficult undertaking for Kemper as it could impact on on the popularity of their profiler if they get it wrong. It's perhaps right that Kemper have left us to find our own solutions. I thought some of you might be interested in the solution I found for my needs. I bought a powered profiler to replace several tube amps and I needed a versatile speaker that I could use in my home studio and also take to the occasional live gig. I designed and and then arranged for the cabinet to be manufactured so I could fit a full range Tannoy 385 HPD monitor that I acquired secondhand on eBay. The monitor speaker can be used to faithfully reproduce my profiles at volumes from 0-120dB which is more than loud enough for my needs.

• For the same reason they won't make and all in one floor kemper, which would require nothing more than designing a metal case to house the components of the kpa and remote. Either they don't have the capital to bring it to market, the man power to develop it, or don't yet see it as a profitable undertaking vs other things that could be done with the same resources. Or at least not yet.