• I got a new synth. Sold my Motif XS, even though @Monkey_Man would kill me. It was just too large and heavy to cart around. All my other synths are pint size. This is not too bad, considering it's got keys on it. It's a Korg Micro X. Really needed a Rompler to add to my VA synths. Not too big and not too heavy. And the sounds? Amazing! Out of production. Basically the sounds from the Korg Triton in a compact format. It is also pretty awesome to finally have some keys to play during performances. I just paid about $220, pretty stoked.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/zIEHSCS.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/O2uBdfJ.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/wGIwD1K.jpg]

• Sold my Motif XS, even though @Monkey_Man would kill me.

I recommended the Motif XS Rack, you silly Billy, AJ! LOL

It's only 1RU high and is in fact super-light (and runs super-cool, almost-cold in fact, and so on), things I actually took into consideration for your situation.

Hey man, good to see you and glad you're still here! Congrats on the new synth too man.

• Even if for free - much too arduous

Yes its hard enough keeping up with one woman , imagine 4!!
    Maybe if i was in whitesnake :D
    @GAME-OF-TONES
    The issue was a type of phasing where the volume was dropping in and out of kemper 1
    I posted in the trouble shooting section about it :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I recommended the Motif XS Rack, you silly Billy, AJ! LOL
    It's only 1RU high and is in fact super-light (and runs super-cool, almost-cold in fact, and so on), things I actually took into consideration for your situation.

Hey man, good to see you and glad you're still here! Congrats on the new synth too man.

Haha, I should say the same to you! Good to have you back, Nicky.

I meant the XS rack I used to own. It was great, but really, really deep, which meant it only fit in the deepest rack cases that had a depth of about 16 inches.

Also, the fact that you could not programme your own arpeggios into the unit meant it had to go.

• Yeah, I think you need the software-editing app for that deeper stuff.

Well, I'm nevertheless honoured and won't forget that you splurged your valuable moolah based on my suggestion, AJ. Too bad it didn't work out for you in the longer term, mate.

Nope, can't be done. It's a major flaw imo. The sounds were great though.

The mini synth is just easier to carry with my floorboard, so no regrets.

• Geez, really AJ?

I know you can edit right down to the, what is it, 8-partial level with the editor (whereas you can't even look at a partial from the front panel), and always thought it provided full access to all parameters. I wonder if anything else was omitted from its potential capabilities. :/

• Geez, really AJ?

I know you can edit right down to the, what is it, 8-partial level with the editor (whereas you can't even look at a partial from the front panel), and always thought it provided full access to all parameters. I wonder if anything else was omitted from its potential capabilities. :/

Yeah, very strange omission. I think they were worried the Motif keyboard line would be hit by demand for the rack only version.

• New toy! Never played through a real JTM45 before. I can say that Sunshine of your love sounds ridiculously good through it. It's a 50th anniversary Bluesbreaker and sounds awesome with the Alnico speakers. However, my JTM45 profiles just kill too so....?

Jeez, @808illest, you are doing it right! That's a killer collection of amps, wow!

• I've been working on a song that is very CPU intensive and when I ported it to my 2015 13" Macbook Pro to mix, it couldn't really handle it well. Lots of stalling when scrolling.

I looked into it and noticed that Benchmark-wise, 4 cores are MUCH better than 2, haha. My iMac's have 4 cores. So I decided to grab a used 2014 15" MBP with 4 Cores, i7 16GB 1TB SSD 2.8 GHz and when that comes, sell mine. It'll be probably a $500 swap cost, but if it handles the mixes like my 2012 iMac which are also 4 core, It will be worth it.

That Apollo 8 I got 3 weeks ago fritzed and I was sent a replacement. It was refurbished, so there is always that chance, and it's under full warranty. Still makes you nervous. But the cost difference between that an New is like $750, still, it's not cheap. I'd expect more quality from UA but personally concerning their hardware I've never seen it.

I'm also not really using the Neve 551 or the BAE 500C so they may go on sale. They are superb units, but I can do an 1176 and EQ in plugins. I don't need them really in a tracking chain. Just a superb preamp and a good sounding compressor and I'm good. (I also have that De-esser which works fantastically, but I haven't needed it. Maybe I should sell the whole 500 series chain) It was a good learning experience for me. In the end, I think I like 19" rackmount gear better, but the 500 series is no slouch. Just over-bought for my needs where plugins CAN do what I need w/o compromise.

• I had problems with my Apollo too, but Universal Audio took good care of me. The jack for the optical SPDIF connections disintegrated when I tried to plug in a cable I had. Took it to the dealer and left it for about a week when I was told it was fixed.

Lovely, I thought, brought the unit home, tried to plug in with the same cable and it disintegrated again. Took it back again. They repaired it and asked me to bring the cable. Turned out the housing of that particular cable was not the right dimension.

No bill for damages though, so I was pretty happy. So a word of caution: use good quality, reliable optical SPDIF cables with the UAD. The build quality of the jacks is poor, ultra thin plastic.

The rest of the unit is metal, so no worries, but I always freak out about the number of holes on the surface for cooling. A lot of dust or something else could fall through them.

• Good call on the dust. I have it in a rackmount with a slight slant back and down, so dust can get in there. I guess blow it off once in a while? That thing just gets WAY too hot. Why? IDK.

The shop I got the UA from sent another overnight, so I am back up.