Eventide Space/H9 Control Question

• I have a weird dilemma. I've recently switched to using the Kemper as part of my live rig. I've mostly been able to make the transition (coming from pedals and amps) but I have one specific sound that I'm having a hard time with. It's an integral part to my band's live show.

I've always used an Eventide Space on the Blackhole setting and then assigned the "hot switch" button to be the "infinite" setting on the feedback parameter. This would swell up with tons of feedback and then I'd hit the hot switch again to let it release with a nice decay. There are a few spots throughout the live show where we use this. Unfortunately, the band wants me to control this because depending on the venue the timing changes (so it's not really a case for putting this part in tracks).

Seeing the new "hold" and "infinite" features on the new delays in Kemper 5.0, I was thinking I'd be able to duplicate something similar to this. Not quite so much...not yet anyway. Does anyone have any experience with the sound I'm looking for? I could create a recording if this helps.

Basically, I was really loving the idea of having only the Kemper and remote and not needing to rely on any external pedals (mainly so I only have one cable running to the remote and don't need to worry about power, etc.) I'm just afraid I won't be able to get away from this sound that is so unique to the Eventide though.

IF this sound is unable to be replicated by the Kemper, my next idea would be to get an H9 and put it in the rack with the Kemper since the Space pedal is too big. However, in order to activate the hot switch on the H9, I believe you have to send it CC commands. Is this possible to do with the Kemper and somehow assign a switch on the Kemper remote to just activate the "hot switch" on the H9? If so, I would probably just buy an H9 and be done with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• please post a recording of the effect and the transition.

thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gp91…/Freeze%20Sample.m4a?dl=0

This was done super fast but hopefully it gives the idea of what I'm talking about. Basically I hit the hot switch button and the feedback starts to swell. Then I hit it again and it decays down. I thought for sure I could get a similar sound with the hold or infinite setting on one of the delays in the Kemper but not having so much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

• you can change the Kempers PC to CC with Software
    but in your case you can use an external Hardware Gadget which translates a PC into a CC
    im sure when you google this you will find a piece which works
    on the other side im sure the Kemper delays are capable of this sound
    but im no delay expert so l leave this option to others

• Looks like I'm going to have to keep my Space around for awhile...

at least until the Reverbs are updated and hope for an Infinite Freeze similar to the Eventide Blackhole setting w/ Infinite or Freeze feedback swell with intensity.

If anyone can somewhat duplicate this on the Kemper, please let me know. Thanks!

• Hi John,
    possible answers to your question really interest me too.
    I would like to involve my H9s into my Kemper rig as well, but I actually have found and been using a sound with the infinite button on the Kemper which I love very much. If I can manage to export this rig I will be glad to send it to you.
    To get a bit philosophical: ain't it beautiful that even though we are dealing with all digital machines in this case, it seems like each one of them still has an individual character, resp. sometimes it is still f****** hard to duplicate the same sound on another machine...
    I used to own a Boss GT 5 and I even though its A/D-converters are kinda outdated now I regret to have given it away because it had one single noisy/windy sound I used to play percussion with by hitting the strings with both hands that I just haven't been able to duplicate anywhere near the original.
    So much for the lamenting...I'll try to capture this sound for you today.
    Greetings from Mannheim,
    Michael

• Yes, that would be awesome! Let me know. Thanks!