“Universal” lead boost.

• I would like the kpa to have a function where you can raise or lower all your lead sounds at once on the fly. I am currently having a hardware boost pedal in the loop for all my lead sounds but would much rather have a software solution for this.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• why don't you use a boost from the kpa, set this to your
    demands and lock it, and put it on a stomp from remote
    then you can switch it on whenever you need it

I dont have the remote. With only 5 pc buttons it does not meet my needs. And i don’t want to switch boost on and off either. My lead sounds are not the same as my rhythm sounds.

If only you had the choice of not locking the on/off state of an effect it what i describe would be possible.

• what about an expression pedal? You could assign a morph.

It wont work. It would affect all sounds and not just the lead sounds. If Kemper implemented a “keep morphed state” option (as described in the manual but not implemented in the software) it might work.

I am not fond of expression pedals for volume (too imprecise) but i could get a midi thingy built where it would be a rotating knob that stayed put so i wont accidently alter the value.

• No morph, no pedal, no remote. Difficult to find a solution for you. I think the only chance for is rigs for rhytm and for solo and the solosounds are boosted with the internal boost or just setted with a higher volume.
    If you use a midi pedal ( I dont ) I think it's possible to send a midi signal to set up the global volume.

• It wont work. It would affect all sounds and not just the lead sounds. If Kemper implemented a “keep morphed state” option (as described in the manual but not implemented in the software) it might work.
    I am not fond of expression pedals for volume (too imprecise) but i could get a midi thingy built where it would be a rotating knob that stayed put so i wont accidently alter the value.

Only activate morphing your lead rigs. Morph between no boost (pedal fully at heel) and the boost value you want (pedal fully at toe position).

• You want an adjustable global boost function that effects only profiles that you designate as "Lead" patches?

that is precisely what i want.

And i want it because i gig with so many different bands and in a trio you don’t need the same amount of volume difference between rhythm and lead as you do in a quartet or quintet. Room acustics also play their part. Sometimes a ballad needs less boost than a full on rock song.

Right now, with a (rackmounted) boost pedal in the loop on all my lead sounds, all i need to do is adjust the knob on that, and everything is adjusted without the need to save etc etc. And it is a fine solution. I would just love to be able to do this via software and use the loop for something better.

• I appreciate all the suggestions.

But sadly there is no software equivalent to having a hardware boost in the effects loop (patched in after the amp stack section) and having the loop turned on on all my lead sounds.

A hardware boost can raise all the lead sounds at once AND it is permanent untill i adjust the knob on the boost.

It is not a problem per se, my solution to this is quite neat, it is just that if a software solution existed i use the loop for something else, that’s all.

• I still think performance mode is going to be your best bet. However after re-reading your first post and the following response to the first suggestion, I don't think I fully understand what it is you're asking for and why? Could you give us a more detailed scenario of how what and why this would work in a real time situation? If not that's cool, and best of luck to you!

I re-read the whole thread and still, I'm not sure but it sounds like you use multiple leads per song and or part, and you don't use performance mode but instead you use rigs that you have saved in browse mode? Also we don't know how your switching anything without a remote or midi? Again I'm going to suggest just properly programming your songs in performance mode and possibly break them between ballad and rock songs for example. Pretty sure most of what has been suggested above could be implicated to your needs. But, maybe I still don't understand? And , If you don't have a midi switch, exp pedal, remote or at least a momentary switch you could assign, then there's no point. Cheers.

The more i think about this, the more it's messing with me lol