Settings & Tips for Kemper.

• If this is brand new, press and hold OUTPUT button and uncheck "Pure Cabinet". For some reason some units ship with it on.

Other than that all sound is in profiles you use, the included factory ones are very good so I'd spend some time with them.

• Yes this unit is new. Tried to do that, but it only opens the output page and stays there, i can see a "monitor cab off" thingie in the top middle of the screen tho, not the same thing?

I've purchased a Suckerfreegear Mark Cameron CCV Direct profile, a Jose mod Package with different combinations and currently playing bert meulendijk's friedman Profiles.

The thing itself sounds, feels and plays like a real thing so i'm really happy with it. Rest is now up to learning how everything works and finding solid profiles. Bert's profiles are bit dark sounding and really saturated, any tips for Post EQing?

• Yes this unit is new. Tried to do that, but it only opens the output page and stays there, i can see a "monitor cab off" thingie in the top middle of the screen tho, not the same thing?

you need to turn the browse knob while in the output menu.

• Found it, had to click the page buttons to find the right page, it is now set off.

Also noticed your post in Thegearpage too Ingolf! I'm basically playing 80's Hair metal, hence the Jose mod and Friedman profiles.

I'm monitoring it with a Studio monitors, the Kemper goes into a Focusrite Scarlett 2nd gen 2i2 via main output that's set on master mono. 2 JBL lsr 305 Monitors are connected to the Focusrite and the sound comes from them.

I bought a DI profile from Suckerfreegear that's a Cameron CCV800 amp. I have a Ownhammer g12h 55hz Cab IR that i used with my previous rig, could i except to get good results using that with the DI profile?

• @Smirre welcome and congratulations. I'll be interested in your findings as I too am interested in 80s hair metal. Right now, my interests have been toward modern metal and clean/rock, for which , the Kemper absolutely blows it out of the park, I love it! so keep us updated with your findings.

• @jonathanthomas83 Thank you! And nice to hear that someone else here is into the 80's hair metal thing.

I gradually will post my findings about different profiles as i'll start to receive them. The Mark Cameron profiles atleast sound exactly like the real deal:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sure thing, i'll see what i can find.
    Anyways, has someone tried DI profiles with 3rd party cab IRs? What kind of results would that yield?

TBH unless you are after a super specific sound (which you might be based on your posts) I'd not bother with IRs at all - they work well, but there is no point. Lots of Kemper goodness comes from its ability to very accurately capture the characteristics of the cab and cab/amp interactions. You can swap a cab from any profile to another, for best results use merged profiles though - they have DI and studio part embedded in them,

Look for Big Hairy profiles for top notch some late 80's tones.

• I play in an 80's hair metal band although I've not totally nailed the sunset strip sound yet so let me know what profiles you end up with...

Soldano or bogner the fish. Most popular preamps in this period.
    Hear Dan Huff from Giant. A great guitarplayer with an awesome sound. He uses mesa boogie strategie 400 or a mark II. He also uses a plexi and 5150 amps. So, there are many ways to rome.