Profiles of the original Rocktron Chameleon, both clean and dirty?

• Would anyone be interested in profiles of the original Rocktron Chameleon, both clean and dirty, before I sell it? If not, I would just as soon tend to other matters...

All modelers known to man 8o

• I *will* be making profiles for my own use, so I thought I would ask - some folks have said the original Chameleon has the best clean sounds of any preamp, tube or otherwise. Just let me know if you're interested, and I will post the results.

• That'll great. I am very interested :) Clean and distorted. I will look forward to trying it. Thanks Radley.

BTW, I have a Rocktron Piranha, which I would love to profile. I haven't done it yet... I don't have any good microphone to use for profiling. Maybe I will get it done someday and sell the preamp.

Also, I'd really like the profile of ADA MP-1... Anybody?

• That'll great. I am very interested :) Clean and distorted. I will look forward to trying it. Thanks Radley.

BTW, I have a Rocktron Piranha, which I would love to profile. I haven't done it yet... I don't have any good microphone to use for profiling. Maybe I will get it done someday and sell the preamp.

Jake - Simply profile it direct, without a cab. When you add a Tills 4x12 cab to it afterwards, you will be amazed how good it sounds - just DO it! :thumbup:

• Hi Radley,

When you say "direct", am I supposed to use "send" of the preamp or "cab-simulated" direct out of the preamp (which IMO sounds pretty crappy)? I thought about doing so, because Tills cab sounds sooooo good. For me, it made almost all the profiles come alive! (Thank you, Till!!). Actually, I was almost about to return the KPA, before I got to use them...

• Hi Radley,

When you say "direct", am I supposed to use "send" of the preamp or "cab-simulated" direct out of the preamp (which IMO sounds pretty crappy)? I thought about doing so, because Tills cab sounds sooooo good. For me, it made almost all the profiles come alive! (Thank you, Till!!). Actually, I was almost about to return the KPA, before I got to use them...

Thank you :thumbup: ... I also have a Rocktron Voodu Valve which only serves as a preamp for my piezo at the moment. Might be a cool idea to profile it, didnt even think about it before.

There's a profile called Ve-AdaMp1Nuno but i can't find it on rig exchange.
    By the way here it is:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49933432/Ve-AdaMP1Nuno.zip

• Hi Radley,

I would recommend *not* using any cab simulation in the Piranha so it doesn't affect the amp profile - I totally agree about the Tills cabs :thumbup:

• Thank you :thumbup: ... I also have a Rocktron Voodu Valve which only serves as a preamp for my piezo at the moment. Might be a cool idea to profile it, didnt even think about it before.

VV profile would be fantastic! Especially if it's from DA man! :thumbup:

Jake

• Hey guys - I have not forgotten about this one, but I am having a very strange problem with my KPA modeling the clean sound of the Chameleon - when I finish the profiling process, it keeps saying I am modeling a distorted amp and the resulting profile is in fact a distorted sound, while the original sound is as pure as the wind-driven snow.... I have NO idea what's going on!

• Check to see if a noise gate or compressor is on.
    That kills the profile.

• Hey guys - I have not forgotten about this one, but I am having a very strange problem with my KPA modeling the clean sound of the Chameleon - when I finish the profiling process, it keeps saying I am modeling a distorted amp and the resulting profile is in fact a distorted sound, while the original sound is as pure as the wind-driven snow.... I have NO idea what's going on!

You know the reason, it's been said already by Mr. Kemper - the KPA is designed to profile tube amps.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Odd, I'm pretty sure Christoph said that you can profile solid state amps too with the KPA.

Anyhow the other day I had the opposite, I'd picked distorted profile, but at the end of the process it gave me the message telling me that even though i'd picked clean profile (which I hadn't) it had profiled as distorted anyway. Maybe a small glitch in the firmware?

Anyhow, does it still do that if you reboot or do a system reboot? The only other reason I can think is if there's distortion happening elsewhere in the chain going from amp to Kemper i.e. mic, pre or input, but I'm sure you'd have checked all that to be sure which is why a reboot may be in order. I'd imagine that any clean signal/clean amp should work whether tube or not as the coloration is mostly EQ and sag (of which a SS has none of course).

• NO
    The Kemper can profile modelers very well.
    I have done here countless times and use them to record sessions.
    It does a great job.
    I have a Voodoo Valve and a Chameleon here I can profile if needed.

You know the reason, it's been said already by Mr. Kemper - the KPA is designed to profile tube amps.

• No, I don't know the reason, but thanks for the terseness all the same...

Sorry, I'm not used to writing tons of pages in devious ways, I'd rather just say what I know in a plain and simple way.
    I suspect that the problem is because you are trying to profile something else than a tube amp - as Mr. Kemper said, this can cause some unexpected problems and issues. That's why I said this. Any problems, did I offend you?

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.