all those amps in a toaster

• Nuno ( I'm a big fan) once said that for years he looked up to Eddie Van Halen trying to emulate him and assumed it was his guitar and amp....eventually he actually got to play through Eddie's rig and he sound just like....Nuno....not like Eddie at all...its mainly in the fingers...

• V8guitar a friend of mine went to see Zal Clemenson’s new band at the weekend. Apparently it was a disaster and he jokingly said to me that Zal kept fiddling with his fancy Kemper toaster thing but no matter what he did it still sounded like Vernon Reid through a £30 phone :huh:

I explained that meant either Zal doesn’t know how to work the Kemper or the sound guy was rubbish but it wasn’t the Kemper’s fault :P

Brilliant! Zal is a great guitarist, but I like Vernon Reid too... :)

• I am good to tweak sounds, I love it , and I also bought profiles , from all libraries, and I pick some on the free rig this is why I bought Kemper. I also HATED to carry a 85 lb amp and tons of pedals, I also got zero interest to play the beat it solo . See? we are all different people , dont expect other people to react according to your logic in anything ... not only music

• Of course you all are so right in your contributions! But many of you are seem to be developed sound engineers and won't have much problems to find that initial tone that makes that particular song (which you also really like to play too) so nice to listen to.

Or do have the skills but don't bother about that...! (such a shame..)

So fortunately we are all different in how we like to sound. But I like the grass which is always greener on the other side . I have good fingers but my guitar tone could be more right for just some solo's in some songs which I do can play but lack the tone. Of course it's hidden somewhere in my KPA, a real queeste. And if I listen to just a guitarplayer without a KPA in just another amateur band who nails that solo tone in a song, in a live gig (not studio), yes then I'm jealous of that. Can't help that. I'm sorry.

Wouldn't some of us all have that feeling listening to our favourites on stage...?

Last try... just this two chords sound just before the solo in It's a kind a of magic (or any amp/rig near to that) only to have just the impression to shine on stage.... (LOL) Any lucky ones...?

https://soundcloud.com/theplayer-3/magic