Just Ordered Kemper Rack...Suggestions For New User

• Any tips on getting up and running quickly much appreciated. I will be reading everything I can this weekend, and watching YouTube videos.

This will be used in a studio situation only, and I need to create some "go to" setups that I can recall quickly...

Thanks so much

Tom

• Welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper.

Hard to say what you would need to know first... do it as you described it: Read a lot, watch the YT videos mainly coming from Kemper themselves but also others, e.g. the ones from ToneJunkie and others.

Once you have the unit in your hands and start exploring it you will still have some questions and I guess the forum here is ready to answer. It's easier then as now just doing things in theory.

My main advice: Don't give up too early if the first results do not fully satisfy you. There are many variables to tweak and you will get there over time. The sound and the concept of the Kemper are outstanding. The reputation of that thing has very good reason. And your use case is a common one. The Kemper has everything you need for that.

• Welcom!

My advice is to not start throwing money at commercial profiles. Learn the unit first. Besides, there are tons of great sounds in the Rig Packs, free sample packs and Rig Exchange.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Yes, I'd definitely try out the free Rig Packs built into Rig Manager, which is a "mandatory" installation as far as most of us here are concerned.

Also, to add to what deadman42 said, be sure to always have the PDF manual handy. Use the search field to find what you're after. It's extremely-comprehensive and many peeps find that daunting, but if you search for specific things as you encounter them whilst "fiddling" with the unit, the manual is gold.

Too many ask here first IMHO when they could easily find the answers they're looking for in the manual, and more-quickly too.

Welcome and congrats on your wise purchase, Tom. ;)

• Thank you all!

It's funny because initially I had purchased the Fractal AX8. Great unit. I had the Kemper and the Fractal side by side here.

The main reason I chose the Fractal was because of the incredibly useful editing software, which made adding and effect as simple as can be, right onscreen. I did have slight preference for the actual sound of the Kemper. Definitely sounded more earthy and authentic.

But when I read recently that an editor is coming for Kemper, and then Fractal stopped making the AX8, I thought it was time to move to the Kemper. And it's form factor for someone not needing a floor unit is much better being a rack. Gonna be looking for Black and Brownface Fenders, a Vox or the like, and a hi gain Mesa type thing. Pretty much would cover my needs! Thanks and Im sure I'll be back with a dumb question or two!

Tom