Tip #1: Just Play That Thing

• I used to spend a lot of time in this (and other) forums after I got my KPA - there where so many bugs and a lot of ideas to exchange ....

... but now - I just play that thing - and did not buy any new guitar gear at all ;)

Hope to create some new profiles in the next time too ...

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Couldn't agree more :thumbup:

I think I've saved as much as I spent on the KPA, since I bought it.
    No need, or desire, for any more gear.
    Finally, a piece of gear that just makes me want to play!

Only exception is, Bring on the foot controller, and power amp!!! :D

• Couldn't agree more :thumbup:

I think I've saved as much as I spent on the KPA, since I bought it.
    No need, or desire, for any more gear.
    Finally, a piece of gear that just makes me want to play!

Only exception is, Bring on the foot controller, and power amp!!! :D

Every day I listen to guys demoing amps & pedals in guitar stores, and I think to myself, last night I had that tone at home through studio monitors. :)

I agree, bring on a foot controller and power amp and whatever else CK has in mind!!!

• Every day I listen to guys demoing amps & pedals in guitar stores, and I think to myself, last night I had that tone at home through studio monitors.

Yep, the KPA is GASex (at least for amplifiers) :whistling:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I really try my best to keep up with all the profiles showing up on the rig exchange.
    but just today, auditioning them turned into a 60+mins (felt more like 5mins) session of pure play-time (again!) on one profile and I ended up with a bunch of riffs in 6/4.
    I have some private studio time coming up and these riffs ands sounds will definitely turn into into a wicked Mastodon-meets-jazz tune then. :)

I must admit, with any gear before the KPA, I never had much luck with sounds from other users, but the sounds this community is creating are simply mind-boggling.

carry on. :D

d

• Edit: Playing it is indeed great. Just wish a few things could be figured out.

Edited 3 times, last by hoth ().

• I never had an amp during the last 25 years which inspired me intensively as the KPA does. In both ways: I play more and I love exploring the possibilities. And I'm addicted getting new ideas on it.

Great.

• I've got sucked into more than a few late nights by going down the KPA rabbit hole. I plan on just importing and checking out a new profile from the Rig Exchange, and I don't come up for air until hours later.

Most rigs/profiles sound soooo good, you just want to play and play.

• I spent a fair amount of time looking for the gotcha in the box and cursing the things about it that were not exactly as I wanted or expected. But once I just let go, dealt with any issues reasonably and just played music again, it was like a revelation. I have been posting to boards much less and have been tweaking much less. I just wait patiently while Kemper fixes the few bugs and adds new features. But honestly, I don't really have bugs anymore. Of course there are things that I would like to see still improved, but there are so many amazing profiles out there, I just shut up and play the thing.

• I spent a fair amount of time looking for the gotcha in the box and cursing the things about it that were not exactly as I wanted or expected. But once I just let go, dealt with any issues reasonably and just played music again, it was like a revelation. I have been posting to boards much less and have been tweaking much less. I just wait patiently while Kemper fixes the few bugs and adds new features. But honestly, I don't really have bugs anymore. Of course there are things that I would like to see still improved, but there are so many amazing profiles out there, I just shut up and play the thing.

I have been playing more than ever. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but Ifeel I just paid too much for what it does and what I don't use.

• I have been playing more than ever. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but Ifeel I just paid too much for what it does and what I don't use.

If you use more than 2 amp profiles in the KPA then you have now likely saved money (and size and weight) by buying the KPA instead of the amps.

• If you use more than 2 amp profiles in the KPA then you have now likely saved money (and size and weight) by buying the KPA instead of the amps.

I was just at the edge of buying a Fender tweed combo (again) when I heard about the Kemper. And I was also contemplating about a possibility to get me a nice Plexi again and how to attenuate that beast to actually use it ;)

Knowing me I wouldn't have gone Blackheart for Marshall and Peavy for the Fender sound I probably wouldn't be satisfied until I had bought a Victoria and a Metro replica. And that would have been twice as expensive as the Kemper.

What's really shocking (in a good way) about the Kemper is how it cures GAS for vintage and boutique amps. All I've ever wanted from a vintage plexi stack is there and some fucking great vintage Fenders as well. It's an amp-lovers paradise.